• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 RE 7 New Footage "Lantern".

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Welcome to the family son and potty mouth lantern holder are confirmed to be Jack and Marguerite Baker respectively I'm pretty sure, which I assume is what KMan means by two villains. Also, is it true that they're not mutated or anything? I don't think normal people go on a crazy cultish killing spree and disregard personal hygiene, but I thought I read somewhere that Marguerite at least wasn't infected by anything, and she looked the crazier of the two. This feels more like a plagas situation than a "get off my lawn" kinda scenario. And afaik they never actually confirmed that Ethan is the main protagonist.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Welcome to the family son and potty mouth lantern holder are confirmed to be Jack and Marguerite Baker respectively I'm pretty sure, which I assume is what KMan means by two villains. Also, is it true that they're not mutated or anything? I don't think normal people go on a crazy cultish killing spree and disregard personal hygiene, but I thought I read somewhere that Marguerite at least wasn't infected by anything, and she looked the crazier of the two. This feels more like a plagas situation than a "get off my lawn" kinda scenario. And afaik they never actually confirmed that Ethan is the main protagonist.

Ummm I highly doubt they are the main villain's of the game at all. I'm not sure where people get that info and Capcom is normally good at not revealing the main villain prior to the games release. I don't even know where people are even getting the idea that it has been suggested. Unless I missed something? :/

The family man (Jack) seems infected by something, as for Marguerite. I'm not sure, do we even really know anything about her? Or Jack for that matter? What they gave us is so subtle. I think this is all early game material.

I'm pretty sure that this is more like a Ganado scenario. There's something going on and something else is happening. We have hints that Umbrella is involved which on its own should say something. Plus we COULD be getting a huge flash back scene. But it's just a random fan speculation.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Ummm I highly doubt they are the main villain's of the game at all. I'm not sure where people get that info and Capcom is normally good at not revealing the main villain prior to the games release. I don't even know where people are even getting the idea that it has been suggested. Unless I missed something? :/

The family man (Jack) seems infected by something, as for Marguerite. I'm not sure, do we even really know anything about her? Or Jack for that matter? What they gave us is so subtle. I think this is all early game material.

I'm pretty sure that this is more like a Ganado scenario. There's something going on and something else is happening. We have hints that Umbrella is involved which on its own should say something. Plus we COULD be getting a huge flash back scene. But it's just a random fan speculation.
Oh no I 100% agree with pretty much everything you said, I was just trying to set the record straight on what we actually know to be true. Identities, who is or is not infected by whatever, etc. Because you're right, we really don't know anything yet, and I think that's intentional.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I think the main villain is the "she" from the first trailer, whoever that is. I also still hope, and think there is a possibility based on what we've seen so far (the little girl, the dolls, and the line "She's back"), that it might be Alex Wesker.

As for Ethan, I have no idea. He could be the protagonist, but it hasn't been confirmed anywhere, at least not officially. It's possible that he is the one finding the tapes because the woman in the latest tape is talking to him specifically, but then again, in RE1 we found a letter directed at Ada, yet we weren't playing as her while reading it. Ethan being mentioned in the tape is the only clue we have, and it's not a very strong one. I wouldn't mind it, though. I like the name Ethan.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Speaking of TGS, that reminds me...

Anyone else get the feeling that they'll confirm the RE2make demo pre-order bonus for Resi 7 @ TGS?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Speaking of TGS, that reminds me...

Anyone else get the feeling that they'll confirm the RE2make demo pre-order bonus for Resi 7 @ TGS?

That would be awesome if they did that!!! I wanna see that other RE game as well. It could be Revelations 3 or something else. Who knows. Prob Rev 3 though.

Top Bottom