• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 RE 5 Professional mode

Joe S. Kennedy

Hey guys, me and my girlfriend have finished RE 5 twice,both normal mode and veteran mode and it just took 3-4 days. The real challange is the professional mode. It is litteraly IMPOSSIBLE to stay alive even in the first chapter cuz if they get you just once your life goes in dying mode and you have just 2 seconds before you die. So I was wondering if any of you guys has finished it or at least done the first chapter in professional mode? Is it really impossible then?

Codes

yeah i done with a.i lol just need to make sure you upgrade right guns n know your checkpoints n remembering you dont have to kill evrerything.. plus one way access is good like standing above a ladder with your knife i killed most zombies on desperate escape on pro with my knife lol it helped loads at the end because i had sick amount of ammo

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Pro isn't too bad, you just really need to stay on top of your game. Some things I would recommend:

1. Do NOT separate from your partner. Cover each other's backs and remain close enough to save each other should you go into dying status.

2. Keep vests in your inventory. At first, just keep the melee vest, and this will usually make it to where you get hit twice before you die, which gives your partner time to get close enough to heal you if you can't heal yourself first.

3. Stock up on herbs in easier difficulties unless you've got a ton of money to spend on first aid sprays. This way you have plenty on hand when you need them.

4. I would suggest getting infinite ammo in at least a couple of weapons you are comfortable using. I generally upgrade the Lightning Hawk (the S&W 500 is a bit stronger, but the delay in firing speed could put you in danger), and M3 and the S75 (I would suggest upgrading the PSG1 if you don't like the manual shell ejection process as the aiming isn't as wild as it is with the Dragonov).

5. If you don't have the infinite rocket launcher by now and you don't want to take the time off to get it, remember you can always go back to the marshlands and get one for free. As long as you keep restarting the level, you'll be set. This is also a good way to make some fast money with all the treasures around, should you need money.

6. I wouldn't use the special weapons (Gatling Gun/Long Bow), because they lose their effectiveness on Pro difficulty. The Gatling Gun takes a couple seconds to get started and the bullets are very scattered; you'd be better of sticking to a magnum of some kind. The Long Bow is a better bet, but unlike on easier difficulties, it generally won't result in a one hit kill. Again, stick to a magnum. The Lightning Hawk has a fast firing rate and you're far more likely to make effective kills with it.

7. I know this is common sense, but kill everything before it kills you. I don't necessarily recommend running around enemies, because that gives them a chance to sneak up on you if you find yourself in a sticky situation. Unless you KNOW you will make it to the next checkpoint or door, make sure you've killed everything.

Podgida

I believe you're right. It is impossible, but only if you don't have any powerful weapons fully upgraded. Preferably with infinite ammo. The infinite rocket launcher is almost a must to get past 1-1 because of having to wait for air support. It can get very hairy while waiting. I like to camp out on one of the mil vans that are next to the main path. That way I can keep an eye on the fence that they climb over as well as the two wall sections that they climb over.

But either the M500 over the rocket launcher is a must to take out the executioner. The sooner you take him out the easier the level is.

Uturn

I am trying to S rank all chapters on Pro.mode. So if someone need some help on pro just let me know.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think Rain gave you some amazing advice for beating RE 5 on Pro. Stay as close to your partner as you can at all times, make sure you each are carrying quite a few health items and protective vests, and having your infinite ammo options enabled also helps exponentially.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
Yes, I finished it and when I did I literally sprang out of bed and started jumping up and down at 4am waking the entire house up XD. Some idiot said he finished pro with their knives only and that's basically impossible considering all the bosses you have to take down -_-.

L

Lurker
Yes, I finished it and when I did I literally sprang out of bed and started jumping up and down at 4am waking the entire house up XD. Some idiot said he finished pro with their knives only and that's basically impossible considering all the bosses you have to take down -_-.
The part he omitted was the use of hacks.

sadistic_greyfox

beat it on pro with m92f only, multiple times. As said, DO NOT split up, be each other's shadow. You can also try improving your melee/ quicktime event attacks. If you're surrounded, the animation makes you immortal until the animation is over. Remember to always keep distance as well. Dont be afraid to fall back, turn out, pop a few headshots, when they close the gap, rinse and repeat.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Steve and I managed it on professional but only with the aid of infinite ammo rocket lawn-chairs which we unlocked before we started. Steve wouldn't have bothered, it's just I'm so shockingly bad he needed to complete it sometime before the end of the world :oops:

Painted_Wraith

I guess this is a relevant thread....

Is there anyone who has Xbox Live and would like to play through Desperate Escape on professional? I've had about four different people leave the game half way through, and it's getting kinda tedious.

If so, my gamertag is PaintedWraith92.

Top Bottom