• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE 3.5

codename: HUNK

That looks amazing!It stays more true to the original RE gameplay. It was like a combination of resident evil and silent hill. I must admit, that video made me jump once or twice. RE4 could never do that in a million years. When the screen went dark blue, it was like stepping through the portal into the "otherworld"!

While I think it looks very scary, it strays too much from Resident Evil in my opinion. Possessed dolls and ghost coming out of the walls that you can shoot, doors opening on their own. Yes, it looks scary, but I think parasites are more Resident Evil than a haunted house.

But aside from that, the game does look enjoyable, I wish they would put a demo of RE 1.5 and 3.5 on sale, I would be willing to pay for them both.^^

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
rocklikebrucelee;49666 said:
I think this game would've been HELLA better than 5 or 4 anyday. much MUCH scarier. you be the judge. here's the video if you haven't seen it. ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWpEE_5pDzQ

But a game isn't Resident Evil just because it's better than RE4 or 5. And a game isn't Resident Evil just because it's scary as heck.

The only thing related to Resident Evil that I can see, is Leon and the way he interacts with the surroundings. And that doesn't make it a true Resident Evil game either.
This is just a modern version of a very old game (first released in 1984) with the name Ghostbusters. ;)

Don't get me wrong, it does indeed look like a cool and scary game, but in my opinion it can't be called RE 3.5, or anything RE for that matter.

Cool video. :)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I like the fact its boarderline psychotic, and leon can't tell the difference between reality and imagination!

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think those surreal things happening is only on Leon's mind, it must be a side-effect of the progenitor virus (in that verion, Leon was infected with it).
I like the way leon walks and how he holds his gun when he is aiming.
That's not much of RE, and that's the reason they abandoned the idea, but i wouldn't mind if it was released. There's an explanation for those "allucinations" (the viral infection), so it wouldn't be as surreal as Silent Hill, for example.

Maybe they could make a game with similar gameplay and environment as the earlier version of RE4, but with zombies instead of ghosts. Of course, the main character couldn't be Leon (in those verions, he walks like he is really scared and, as he already survived one outbreak, he'd know how to deal with the situation).

Have you guys noticed that one of those eary versions has a fog enemy, which looks very much like the Uroboros enemies in RE5?
See this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqZx...E6C4F2CA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=16
Notice those "tentacles" coming out of the fog.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
013;49713 said:
While I think it looks very scary, it strays too much from Resident Evil in my opinion. Possessed dolls and ghost coming out of the walls that you can shoot, doors opening on their own. Yes, it looks scary, but I think parasites are more Resident Evil than a haunted house.

But aside from that, the game does look enjoyable, I wish they would put a demo of RE 1.5 and 3.5 on sale, I would be willing to pay for them both.^^
I love how we seem to agree on everything. :D

I really liked the footage as well, I think it would definitely made an awesome game- but as several people have pointed out it's even less 'Resident Evil-ish' than the actual RE 4. Parasites are much, much closer to to the T-Virus than Chucky and the 13 Ghosts. It was just too Silent Hill or that other one (is it Fear that you're taking the pictures of ghosts?), as opposed to RE.

I like how it had the same 'essense' as the Remake, but replacing zombies with ghosts is just way too much of a stretch for one series. Ganados and Majini aren't all that bad. :lol:

HERE are some scans from CUBE magazine......

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

img003.jpg

img005.jpg

img006-1.jpg

img007.jpg

Top Bottom