• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) RE 2 Weapons

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
The sparkshot and flamethrower are the best at eliminating ivy. The sparkshot, fully charged, can take one down in one shot even on hardcore and of course the flamethrower can completely kill them.

Masterteo89_

The sparkshot and flamethrower are the best at eliminating ivy. The sparkshot, fully charged, can take one down in one shot even on hardcore and of course the flamethrower can completely kill them.

Yes, but the problem is that

1- Claire does not find the flamethrower

2- simply take them down for a while is not enough. I like permanent solutions. (not to mention that a normal man would try to kill a monster, instead of stunning it for a bit, so that it can ambush him later )

Masterteo89_

In my experience, they don't ambush you later, but that's just my experience. I never had any problems taking them out with the sparkshot on hardcore.

I don't know.
In theory only fire should kill them, and even that is misleading. Because if you fire a Flame round to a standing plant-zombie, you will only take him down for a while.

In my experience, the only effective way to deal permanently with those guys (and i want to kill things that potentially can insta-kill me ) , is to shoot them until they drop down.

And only then, before they can get up, a flame round is the deathblow.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't know.
In theory only fire should kill them, and even that is misleading. Because if you fire a Flame round to a standing plant-zombie, you will only take him down for a while.

In my experience, the only effective way to deal permanently with those guys (and i want to kill things that potentially can insta-kill me ) , is to shoot them until they drop down.

And only then, before they can get up, a flame round is the deathblow.
You shoot the bulbs and they shouldn't get up again if you destroy all of them. And if I'm not mistaken, the sparkshot pops all of the bulbs on a full charge.

In any case, they're what I use the sparkshot for; all day, every day. Never had a problem.

mjk321

You shoot the bulbs and they shouldn't get up again if you destroy all of them. And if I'm not mistaken, the sparkshot pops all of the bulbs on a full charge.

In any case, they're what I use the sparkshot for; all day, every day. Never had a problem.
I always used the sparkshot for bosses, kinda hurts me to see someone using it on normal enemies lol

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
the G-Spawn reacts badly to fire, a flame round or a few puffs from the flamethrower will get them stunned for long enough to go around them
You play how you want, I play how I want.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Guys, did I miss a new rule concerning spoiler tags, or why are we putting them on everything that isn't even a spoiler lately? Anyway...

I always used the sparkshot for bosses, kinda hurts me to see someone using it on normal enemies lol

Then you might pass out from pain when I tell you that I used to forget this gun even exists. :neutral: And the one time I did bring it to a boss fight was one of the few times I died in this game, so... I'm not so sure about that. It may be powerful (literally), but it's also slow, like most of Claire's weapons, and mutated William likes it fast and rough!

I can confirm that it works miracles against G creatures, though. I found this out by chance because, as I said, I never really used it before until I found myself surrounded by Gs with nothing but some handgun ammo and the spark shot. At first I was sceptical because Claire was standing in waist-high pi$$ water, and even a child knows not to play with electricity in water, but... apparently Capcom doesn't know that, and it saved my life!

the G-Spawn reacts badly to fire, a flame round or a few puffs from the flamethrower will get them stunned for long enough to go around them

I used to save my acid rounds for this occasion... not that I needed them anywhere else, but... This just reminds me how utterly useless acid rounds are! I wish we could use gun powder to make flame rounds instead of acid, because even though the bright flames are annoying when you can't see through them, I have yet to discover an enemy that is actually weaker to acid. Can we even be sure they're acid grenades at all, not just water balloons designed to keep the Wicked Witch of the West out?

Last edited:

mjk321

I used to save my acid rounds for this occasion... not that I needed them anywhere else, but... This just reminds me how utterly useless acid rounds are! I wish we could use gun powder to make flame rounds instead of acid, because even though the bright flames are annoying when you can't see through them, I have yet to discover an enemy that is actually weaker to acid. Can we even be sure they're acid grenades at all, not just water balloons designed to keep the Wicked Witch of the West out?

I think Acid rounds are stronger than flame rounds, but takes longer to do its damage over time, and there are more enemies that react badly to fire (G spawn, plant zombies). though I might be wrong, Acid rounds destroys lickers in a good one shot while it takes 2 flame rounds to kill them, but the Acid round needs to hit them right in the face in kind of a medium to close range distance.

also, I think, and I'm not sure of this and need more testing, spamming acid rounds resets the damage over time duration so it might not deliver its full damage potential, and this is why it might seem that it's not enough damage.

I remember shooting a zombie with an acid round (I had too many of them :biggrin:) and it didn't drop immediately, but it did destroy a limb, then another one, then another one and then one more until it died. it just takes too long to deliver its full damage.

Reactions: Hel

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
This is another one of the uneven parts of Claire vs Leon in the weapons department: Claire has too much ****.

Along with some of the useless weapons she's given - and their useless upgrades - she has two different types of ammo for the grenade launcher and one is infinitely stronger than the other. (I won't say that they're useless because you can instantly get rid of the eyes on stage 3 Birkin if you're close enough and right on the eye with it.) But yes, overall acid rounds are pretty weak in this game simply because they made them slower-acting when you really kind of need them to be faster in some situations. I've noticed that flame rounds do some residual damage as well but the initial burst seems to be a lot more powerful than that of the acid rounds.

And yes, I agree with the sparkshot at a boss fight thing; it's just a no go for me. You can't get the most out of the weapon because your bosses are too fast for you to be able to fully charge the needles. The only boss you might've been able to use this on would've been Birkin stage one because he's so slow but you don't have the sparkshot then so... Ivy and G-Spawn are my go-to.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I think Acid rounds are stronger than flame rounds, but takes longer to do its damage over time.

Great... An already slow weapon just became even slower. :neutral: It's funny and sad at the same time to remember how in the original, acid rounds were pretty much the strongest ammo you could get for the grenade launcher because the normal grenades had that odd spread thing going on and flame rounds were useless against anything other than plants and spiders.

@Magnolia Grandiflora I wouldn't call Claire's weapon upgrades useless, her starting handgun especially benefits from them, as one basically turns it into a magnum and the other shortens the reloading process by roughly 4 years. I wish the latter upgrade also existed for her B scenario revolver. But I don't disagree on Claire's arsenal being less powerful overall, I think it's telling that she can find a second handgun halfway through her story to make up for the flaws of the first one.

By the way, should we ask a mod to make a separate topic out of this? We're no longer talking about enemy diversity here. :biggrin:

mjk321

her starting handgun especially benefits from them, as one basically turns it into a magnum and the other shortens the reloading process by roughly 4 years.
funnily enough, I like the reloading of the SLS or the SAA, probably from me playing too much Metal Gear Solid

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Magnolia Grandiflora I wouldn't call Claire's weapon upgrades useless, her starting handgun especially benefits from them, as one basically turns it into a magnum and the other shortens the reloading process by roughly 4 years. I wish the latter upgrade also existed for her B scenario revolver. But I don't disagree on Claire's arsenal being less powerful overall, I think it's telling that she can find a second handgun halfway through her story to make up for the flaws of the first one.

By the way, should we ask a mod to make a separate topic out of this? We're no longer talking about enemy diversity here. :biggrin:
Oh no, I didn't mean that all of her upgrades are useless, I just meant that the upgrades for the useless weapons she gets are useless. I would have preferred it if you could've kept customizing the SLS60 instead of grabbing the JMP and its upgrade as its rendered useless once you grab the reinforced frame for the SLS60 in the sewers. (And everyone already knows what I think about the MQ11. The suppressor would've been nice for a more useful weapon, though.)

And normally I would say 'yes' but I'm not sure if there's even a mod around to do it.
Unless they're lurking but I'm not so sure. I haven't seen Romero or Femme in forever.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
We made it! We now have our own thread to talk about weapons! :biggrin: Thank you, admins / mods!

I know what you mean about Claire's second hangun. I thought of it as a godsend at first because of its larger capacity compared to the revolver, but eventually switched back to the revolver even before finding the magnum upgrade because I never got a single fatal headshot in with the pistol. Might have been a coincidence, I don't know, but I also grew attached to the revolver for another reason: Claire starts out with it, and not in the form that she finds it somewhere early on, no, she has it with her from the beginning, meaning that it's hers, possibly a gift from Chris for self-defence, and even though it can only hold five bullets at a time and is slow to reload until you find the corresponding upgrade, it feels a bit like Claire's trademark in this game. Call me silly, but to me, there's just something endearing about this little revolver.

Leon's starting handgun is cool, too, at least until you put that huge tail on it's a$$ and it becomes a pistol cross-dressing as a machine gun. I never liked that in the original, and still don't like it now. I love that Ada's pistol is called "Broom", though; perfect weapon for a witch! :razz:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
When it comes to Claire B, I never use the Single Action Army as I don't like it's fire from the hip animation, so I always play with unlimited S-Edge cause normal handgun ammo is replaced during that playthrough.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am just glad that they took Claire's weapon needs seriously in this game compared to the original game.

In RE2, Leon got literally everything PLUS a side load of everything and Claire got a useless Crossbow.
At least she gets a pretty useful Sparkshot this time around.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't really care for the spark shot, mainly because it is slow and therefore does little for me in boss fights. The one time I tried I got slaughtered lol.

I like grenade launchers but I was kinda sad to see that the acid rounds are nowhere near as strong as they used to be.

Overall I much prefer Leon's loadout. I have always like shotguns and the magnum has always kinda been King in Resident Evil games I think. And given a choice between the flamethrower and the spark shot, I would gladly choose the flame thrower.

SentryUnit

I hate the sparkshot I see no use in the weapon when you have fast mobile enemies while you stand wait to get some damn charge to the maximum.

Top Bottom