• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

rate each movie out of ten

Lizzy

Resident Evil 8/10, Resident Evil Apocalypse 7/10, Resident Evil Extinction 10/10, Resident Evil Afterlife 9.5/10
Though I gave Extinction the highest score, my favourite moment is still from Afterlife which is the rooftop to Axeman fight!

chrisleonjillclaire

My favourite overall would have to be when all the stars try and kill the nemesis and he just owns them all lol then lj says 'respect' and drops his guns haha classic , what's yours ?

Lizzy

I loved Alice fighting the super zombies in Extinction and the rooftop fight in Afterlife - the 3D effect of the coins being from the shotgun in slow motion through the zombies was awesome!

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Live action... Apocalypse is my favorite.

RE: 7/10
Apocalypse: 8/10
Extinction: 5/10 (pretty terrible...)

Afterlife: not seen

I'll want to see the new one for Jill and Ada, and I'll see Afterlife... eventually. I do love Ali Larter.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Resident Evil: 8/10
Extinction: 5/10
Afterlife: 6/10

I must confess that were they not Resident Evil films, I probably wouldn't much care for them at all. My devout fanboyism has me thinking much more of them than I normally would. They're brilliant for a mindless evening in, though!

chrisleonjillclaire

Live action... Apocalypse is my favorite.

RE: 7/10
Extinction: 5/10 (pretty terrible...)

Afterlife: not seen

I'll want to see the new one for Jill and Ada, and I'll see Afterlife... eventually. I do love Ali Larter.
You should watch afterlife before tribution seen as it follows directly after the end accordind to paul anderson , and yes ali larter kicks ass :p

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
You should watch afterlife before tribution seen as it follows directly after the end accordind to paul anderson , and yes ali larter kicks ass :p
That's what I was thinking.

Extinction isn't really terrible so much, but I got really confused. I feel like it doesn't transition from Afterlife very well, and I don't like how Claire is handled, though I love Ali Later. I think there's too much action and not enough story support, and that's the opposite of what I like about Resident Evil...

I think I'm the opposite of Steve though. I would have liked it more if it weren't Resident Evil!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Resident Evil-9/10
Resident Evil Apocalypse-5/10
Resident Evil Extinction-6/10
Resident Evil Afterlife-9/10

Resident Evil Degeneration-8/10

Note-I almost never give out 10s when I rate films. I don't think I could pick out a handful of movies I would give a perfect score.

On the Afterlife rooftop scene, I too enjoyed it and the score was good too. I kept waiting for someone to shoot one of the explosive barrels though lol.

Lizzy

On the Afterlife rooftop scene, I too enjoyed it and the score was good too. I kept waiting for someone to shoot one of the explosive barrels though lol.

The soundtrack was excellent in Afterlife - very atmospheric. I especially love The Axeman and Rooftop tracks.
I know what you mean about the barrels!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
The opening title theme was amazing I thought, and if you really listen to it, it sounds quite similar in composition to the main title theme from the first film, which I loved. I liked the collaboration between Beltrami and Manson most out of all composer choices thus far, with Tomandandy (Afterlife) being a close second. That being said, I think having Clouser score Extinction was a mistake.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Resident Evil - 6.5/10 maybe even a 7/10 on a good day.

Resident Evil Apocalypse - 5/10

Resident Evil Extinction - 6/10

Resident Evil Afterlife - well f*ck you too then, Anderson and co. (with the exception of Shawn Roberts... despite the fact that he doesn't make the best Albert Wesker... that cute baby face of his keeps me from getting mad at him). 4/10
Yep, yep, yep.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Resident Evil- 9/10 very original and good storyline.
Resident Evil Apocalypse- 7/10 Everything was going fine until Alice flew through the church on her motorcycle.
Resident Evil Extinction- 5/10 I'm sorry, is this RE? And you killed off Carlos? Wtf?
Resident Evil Afterlife- 6/10 LOLOLOLOL @ Wesker. After this one came out I didn't really view it as RE so it was more enjoyable. It was like a mix between the matrix and even worse acting, but entertaining to say the least.

Resident Evil Degeneration- 7/10 I'm ready for Damnation. I want to see Rebecca and Billy again!

I really honestly wish "Alice" would retire and Anderson could start fresh with GAME movies, Or let another writer/director take over and slap the title "Biohazard" on it. Then i'd finally be able to enjoy a MOVIE version of the Spencer mansion! I didn't mind Alice in the first movie, but after she didn't die in the second one I thought it was beginning to become ridiculous. I'm sure if she wasn't married to Anderson it wouldn't have turned out that way. Not hatin' btw, just putting my blunt honest opinion out there. I'll still go see redemption, I can't help myself... Anything with the RE title has to be watched!

bruno

Chief Researcher
Resident Evil Degeneration- 7/10 I'm ready for Damnation. I want to see Rebecca and Billy again!

I really honestly wish "Alice" would retire and Anderson could start fresh with GAME movies, Or let another writer/director take over and slap the title "Biohazard" on it. Then i'd finally be able to enjoy a MOVIE version of the Spencer mansion! I didn't mind Alice in the first movie, but after she didn't die in the second one I thought it was beginning to become ridiculous. I'm sure if she wasn't married to Anderson it wouldn't have turned out that way. Not hatin' btw, just putting my blunt honest opinion out there. I'll still go see redemption, I can't help myself... Anything with the RE title has to be watched!

About Damnation, I don't think it'll have Rebecca or Billy... According to the latest info about RE, the "Eastern Europe" conflict could be the same as the "European warzone" of Damnation, so I guess it will be Leon and Chris (unfortunately).

For the live-action movies, I'd like them to be set on a different environment from the games, but still connected to them (like Degeneration, but with different charactes). They could do so many things like, for example, a group of hikers in the Arklay forest, the story of the Trevor family, a group of people trying to escape Raccoon City (similar to Outbreak), or even an isolated incident (like Dead Aim or REvelations). However, they decided to completely drift from the original universe and create a different ideology.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
About Damnation, I don't think it'll have Rebecca or Billy... According to the latest info about RE, the "Eastern Europe" conflict could be the same as the "European warzone" of Damnation, so I guess it will be Leon and Chris (unfortunately).

Epic frowny face. :( Capcom breaks a promise yet again! Oh well... Maybe sometime they'll appear again. I'm beginning to lose hope.

Top Bottom