• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rank women of Resident Evil from strongest to weakest

Soul Fist

I would say that I agree with Soul Fist’s ranking in the original post, with one exception: I would switch Claire and Sheva’s ranking positions. Claire has a lot more experience actually fighting BOWs than Sheva has, and did not require a constant partner, and this in spite of formal training on Sheva’s part. Claire at 3, Sheva at 4, but otherwise, original list is same for me.
Claire definitely deserves to be in top 3,she has a lot of experience with BOW more than Sheva. But IDK in my opinion I just think Sheva will be just as great solo, she needed Chris's help and so is Chris. But I believe she is one hell of a fighter and she's smarter and she gave Wesker a harder time even tho she never knew who he was but she held her own. But if Sheva and Claire were in death battle, it will not be easy for either of them :)

Watched both videos. :smile:
He used the "robot" version of Jill to compare with Claire, I think it would have been much more interesting with the real Jill.

Yeah I agree, I wish he used the real Jill. He tries to find a logic reason for them to fight, he doesn't think it will makes sense if Claire fight the real Jill. But whatever like we only want to know what will happen "If" the real Jill fought

Soul Fist

I just want to add something here, I remember Wesker saying that Ada wouldn’t survive without her weapons like the grapple Gun. It's true, and that's the point.. Ada is number one in my list because of her weapons and the tools she has, and with the small device that she used in RE6 it said she can have access to whatever she wants, including some information on her opponentes. For example, somehow she had to fight Jill, she can access through that small device and see what Jill does and plan everything out.

But let say, if Ada never had all of these and weapons.. Let imagine that all of these have taken away from her, and she had to depend on her own skills..what her rank would be? I think she would be in rank 4 below Claire. This is how it would be without Ada's tools and weapons :

1- Jill
2- Sheva
3- Claire
4- Ada
5- Helena
6- Jessica
7- Sherry
8- Fong Ling
9- Rebecca
10- Moira
11- Mia
12- Zoe
13- Ashley XD

I included Zoe and Ashley as well LOL, but yeah if Ada had her weapons and tools she would be number one. And then come all the rest.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
I actually see Ada as being the most capable in combat with or without weapons. She was able to go toe-to-toe with Belikova and almost win, using nothing but a knife, which if anything limited her capability, and only lost because Belikova is a martial arts grand master and may or may not have had a control Plaga in her, which negates the victory if true, because that makes her enhanced. Ada also seems to be more athletic and dexterous than any non-enhanced character in the series. In a straight fight, with or without weapons, I can’t see even Jill or Claire beating her one on one. Maybe Jill and Claire at once, yeah, but not solo.

Even against Chris and Leon, Chris only wins if he managed to land a punch on her, since he’s much stronger but slower than her, and Leon is as fast as she is and just strong enough to overpower Ada, but he absolutely cannot hold back, even a little bit, otherwise Ada wins in a minute.

Against a non-enhanced, Ada beats the other ladies, unless she gets too confident ans

Soul Fist

I actually see Ada as being the most capable in combat with or without weapons. She was able to go toe-to-toe with Belikova and almost win, using nothing but a knife, which if anything limited her capability, and only lost because Belikova is a martial arts grand master and may or may not have had a control Plaga in her, which negates the victory if true, because that makes her enhanced. Ada also seems to be more athletic and dexterous than any non-enhanced character in the series. In a straight fight, with or without weapons, I can’t see even Jill or Claire beating her one on one. Maybe Jill and Claire at once, yeah, but not solo.

Even against Chris and Leon, Chris only wins if he managed to land a punch on her, since he’s much stronger but slower than her, and Leon is as fast as she is and just strong enough to overpower Ada, but he absolutely cannot hold back, even a little bit, otherwise Ada wins in a minute.

Against a non-enhanced, Ada beats the other ladies, unless she gets too confident ans

You have a reason, but this list isn't just about skills in combat, it's about overall. Like including inteligence, battle tactics, how they react immediately.. Etc.

In my opinion, Ada is definitely very skilled, athletic, strong enough to win most fights. But I don't think she'll be where she is if it wasn't for her extremly dangerous weapons and tools she has. It's shown that she's been cut off guard a lot, in RE2 where she got destroyed by MR. X and he was far less stronger and less smart than both Nemisis and William Birkin, Jill managed to beat Nemisis over and over even when she got infected and hurt she still managed to beat Nemisis, not once but four or five times, while Ada almost got killed in only one encounter with MR. X and got hurt badly. And in RE4 she only managed to beat Krauser because first, Krauser was in a much weaker status after his fight with Leon. And secondly, Ada already mentioned that she has studied the arm of Krauser and how he fights, if she didn't know anything about Krauser she would be in a real disadvantage, not to mention that she always used that grapple gun of hers which consistenly saved her a lot.

And as for Claire, I think when it comes to hand to hand combat she's definitely nowhere near Ada. But I think she's way smarter than Ada and has better strategy, two factors that give her huge advantage. Claire although she didn't receive any military training, she's hella smart. Being able to beat extremly dangerous monsters over and over, she fought that blind creature in the snow, she fought that Tyrent in a very limited space in the helicopter, she fought Birkin over and over yet still beaten him.

Don't get me wrong, Ada is very good even without her weapons, but she's not number one without her weapons and all of these tools.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
Well, in terms of IQ-type intellect, Jill may be superior, such as her background as an explosives expert. And Claire might have more of a street-smarts advantage. I can see where you’re coming from. As far as practical knowledge and cunning, though, I still gotta give it to Ada.

At this point, if it comes off like I’m picking Ada as top dog because she’s my favorite, that’s not it, I honestly think, without bias, that she’s the most badass of the non-enhanced women of the series, in any kind of fight. But only in regards to a fight. My actual favorite is Claire, and I can’t even honestly put her in second place.

Soul Fist

Well, in terms of IQ-type intellect, Jill may be superior, such as her background as an explosives expert. And Claire might have more of a street-smarts advantage. I can see where you’re coming from. As far as practical knowledge and cunning, though, I still gotta give it to Ada.

At this point, if it comes off like I’m picking Ada as top dog because she’s my favorite, that’s not it, I honestly think, without bias, that she’s the most badass of the non-enhanced women of the series, in any kind of fight. But only in regards to a fight. My actual favorite is Claire, and I can’t even honestly put her in second place.

I see, Ada is hella strong too and it's not like she doesn't stand a chance with Jill and Claire, it's just that I think Jill or Claire would out smart her in a fight, they have more of a chance to win in my opinion.

Oh and also, don't forget Sheva! Claire will not be second, she will be third after Sheva being in second while Jill is first. The reason why I give Sheva that high spot is because of her incredible skills, remember she knows how to use weapons since she was a kid and used to smuggle weapons for the people she lived with, she knows how to be sneaky very well. And when her mission with Chris, she held her own very well against Wesker, a man who she never encountered before, she had no idea what's going on, but still managed to give a hard time. She even did better than both Chris and Jill combined in lost in nightmares story, it shows how genius she is, she also mastered English in six months only! Not to mention how wicked she is with the knife, she's probably the best knife user in all Resident Evil, once the distance between her and any character get less, she will kill them with the knife in seconds < just joking XD

So yeah for me it's Jill then Sheva, Claire and last but not least Ada. Then come all the rest of females.

Awebb

The original Ada was neither very smart nor a very good fighter. She was good enough to infiltrate Umbrella by having all kinds of boyfriends. Then someone at Capcom ate a clown for breakfast and RE had to be over the top, almost comical, so...

... post-RE2 Ada (and RE2R Ada) is a trained spy and assassin. She has years of experience in infiltrating high security organisations like Umbrella and has never, say, allowed herself to be captured and turned into an enemy operative, or maybe, say, allowed herself to be captured, infected and placed on some weird island to be a test subject. She also has never been captured while trying to "infiltrate" the Umbrella HQ. She is, in fact, so badass, that other people assume her identity to cause trouble. Her favourite means of transportation is a hook on a rope fired from a gun. She cannot only fight and use all kinds of firearms, but she can also operate all kinds of tech and vehicles. She also seems to have immense resources.

Soul Fist

The original Ada was neither very smart nor a very good fighter. She was good enough to infiltrate Umbrella by having all kinds of boyfriends. Then someone at Capcom ate a clown for breakfast and RE had to be over the top, almost comical, so...

... post-RE2 Ada (and RE2R Ada) is a trained spy and assassin. She has years of experience in infiltrating high security organisations like Umbrella and has never, say, allowed herself to be captured and turned into an enemy operative, or maybe, say, allowed herself to be captured, infected and placed on some weird island to be a test subject. She also has never been captured while trying to "infiltrate" the Umbrella HQ. She is, in fact, so badass, that other people assume her identity to cause trouble. Her favourite means of transportation is a hook on a rope fired from a gun. She cannot only fight and use all kinds of firearms, but she can also operate all kinds of tech and vehicles. She also seems to have immense resources.
You have a point, well what about your full list? I would like to know your rank for all the other women.

Awebb

I'm not the ranking, listing type, because there is no measurable raw strength and it's very situational. I wouldn't even know which iteration of each character to pick. RE1 Jill falls on her butt in every cut scene with a Zombie, RE Rev Jill roundhouse kicks BOW's. CVX Claire got snatched while infiltrating Umbrella HQ, Rev2 Claire got snatched while not even having a drink on a party.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
@Awebb, I think one thing you’re overlooking when talking about the first appearances of these characters and how they don’t seem as competent and badass as they do later, is that in those instances, it’s the first time they are finding themselves in those situations. Claire has no combat background other than Chris showing her a few things, Jill was only ever trained to open doors, defuse bombs, and arrest some criminals, and Ada was only prepared for James Bond-style espionage and sabotage. None of them were ready for zombies and super soldiers, and so of course they fumble it all in their first appearances, and of course in subsequent appearances they’ve trained and gained more experience, making them seem better, but the capability was always there. Same thing can be said about Chris and Leon, too. It may seem like Capcom just made some goody choices, but when you think about it from a story standpoint, it not only makes sense, it’s a natural progression.

Soul Fist

@Awebb, I think one thing you’re overlooking when talking about the first appearances of these characters and how they don’t seem as competent and badass as they do later, is that in those instances, it’s the first time they are finding themselves in those situations. Claire has no combat background other than Chris showing her a few things, Jill was only ever trained to open doors, defuse bombs, and arrest some criminals, and Ada was only prepared for James Bond-style espionage and sabotage. None of them were ready for zombies and super soldiers, and so of course they fumble it all in their first appearances, and of course in subsequent appearances they’ve trained and gained more experience, making them seem better, but the capability was always there. Same thing can be said about Chris and Leon, too. It may seem like Capcom just made some goody choices, but when you think about it from a story standpoint, it not only makes sense, it’s a natural progression.
Yeah, the focus mostly is to rank characters based on their last appearances. With some consideration of their first games, Ada and Jill both were kinda lost at first but they adapted after that, I think the character who adapted faster among the females is Sheva. That's why I rank her so high.

Top Bottom