• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rank women of Resident Evil from strongest to weakest

Soul Fist

So If you had to rank all the women of RE based on how strong they are, this is based in overall. Physical strength, battle tactics, weapons, Martial skills.. Etc. And of course we are not counting women who have superhuman strength like Alexia Ashford and Alex Wesker. Or completely useless characters like Leoooooon heeeeeelp AKA Ashley XD.

So here's my list:

1- Ada, the most independient woman. She got the skills, extremly dangerous weapons. She has tools that help her a lot in battle. But her physical strength is definitely no match for Jill, Ada get knocked down easily and overpoweed by her opponentes. But she still has what she needs to win any battle she wants.

2- Jill, I mean more than 10 years of experience, has a tremendos upper and lower body strength. She has high accuracy because of her Delta Force training. No doubt why she should be here.

3- Sheva, she started to use guns when she was only around 10. She's been through hell, and that made her one hell of a fighter. Not to mention how she held her own when fighting with Wesker, and keep in mind that she never fought Wesker before and still did way better than Chris when he fought Wesker with Jill in Lost in Nightmares.

4- Claire, only been trained by her older brother and didn't go through as much training as Jill and Sheva, but her experience in dealing with BOW and inteligent is what brought her here. She still managed to survive over and over.

5- Helena, nothing is much known about her before RE6. But from what I saw she didn't need much help from Leon. Unlike Sherry who saved by Jake a lot of times.

6- Jessica, I'm not sure about this one but she seems like a badass bit*h that no one can stop her. Even when she was with Parker and Chris, she never got into trouble and never needed any help. Not to mention that based on her kick in Raid Mode it seems that she knows some Taekwondo, her use of weapons is also no joke. She's good with weapons, how many times that Sherry, Rebecca, and Fong Ling needed help? Jessica always keeping her eyes peeled.

7- Sherry, she has some military training and she got G Virus in her body. Which helps her.

8- Fong Ling, she get her as* kicked a lot. She also get distracted easily. But she knows how to use weapons and knows hand to hand combat unlike Rebecca. The reason why I put her below Sherry is because Sherry got the G Virus which is an advantage, also she dealt with more dangerous enemies unlike Fong Ling who she dealt with the most is zombies.

9- Rebecca, a badass and a legend on her own. But too bad her lack of training and physical strength put her in a huge disadvantage with the other women above.

10- Moira, she does just fine. But Rebecca knows how to use guns better and is expert in medicine.

11- Mia.

What about you guys what do you think?

Last edited:

Soul Fist

I just forgot to put Jessica and Fong Ling, I'll edit my post LOL.

C'mon guys I want to see your ranking :)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
@Soul Fist Nothing to add here, I pretty much agree with your list as it is.

The only thing I'm not so sure about is whether I would actually put Ada on top, or Jill. I think Jill is physically stronger, both in dishing out damage and taking it (she was rather weak in RE1, but that was ages ago), and has that Delta Force training going for her. But Ada is smarter and better at manipulating things and people to her advantage, can be ruthless if necessary, and has a greater sense of self-preservation.

In a fair fight between the two of them, my money would be on Jill, I suppose. But if you dropped them both in a dangerous jungle, or in a Hunger Games situation, Ada would be the first to make it out.

D

Deleted member 21244

In my opinion jill should definitely be on top, she survived the mansion incident, she manage to defeat one of the most powerful tyrant ever made, NEMESIS,
she manage to battle wesker whit no fear and throw him out of a window to save Chris, he suffered all kind of abomination by wesker hand for 4 years, and yet she was able to pull herself up whitout any medical treatment and went to help chris in the volcano... Ada is a well trained spy, she is cleaver and agile, but she didn't face even an inch of what jill did, despite all her training, ada was nearly killed by Mr x, simmons, saddler, she would not have survived all of this whitout leon help

Jill is definitely the female Re character, and also one of the best female character in videogame history , and deserve to be on top of the list, than come all the other

Even Claire in my opinion survived worse think that ada herself, she survived all kind of birkin stage, she entered umbrella Europe hq alone, she roamed Rockford island and even survive a wesker encounter, faced the tyrant on Rockford alone and even nosferatu and don't forget all the event in revelations 2...

Claire is on second place, than there is ada than all the other

Last edited by a moderator:

ToCool74

Veteran Member

THIS coupled with her other instances of near superhuman skill ^^^ is why I will always consider Ada the most powerful/capable woman in Resident Evil, sure Jill has gone through more but in a straight up fight I think Ada would win although I will say that character wise Jill is my favorite female protagonist in the series with Leon being my favorite male protagonist.

My list is,

1.Ada
2.Jill
3.Sheva
4.Fong Ling
5.Sherry (RE6)
6.Helena
7.Jessica
8.Rebbeca
9.Moira
10.Ashley

And I rank my list not on what they have been though or fought but what skill in combat they have shown in the series whether it be superhuman agility and skill (Ada) or a having a virus that gives them a healing factor (Sherry) just to name some suggestions.

Soul Fist

@Soul Fist Nothing to add here, I pretty much agree with your list as it is.

The only thing I'm not so sure about is whether I would actually put Ada on top, or Jill. I think Jill is physically stronger, both in dishing out damage and taking it (she was rather weak in RE1, but that was ages ago), and has that Delta Force training going for her. But Ada is smarter and better at manipulating things and people to her advantage, can be ruthless if necessary, and has a greater sense of self-preservation.

In a fair fight between the two of them, my money would be on Jill, I suppose. But if you dropped them both in a dangerous jungle, or in a Hunger Games situation, Ada would be the first to make it out.
Absolotely! In a fair fight Jill will 100% win. But we all know Ada doesn't play nice, and if it's a death battle she will win. But if it was a hand to hand combat with no cheating then Ada has NO chance haha.

In my opinion jill should definitely be on top, she survived the mansion incident, she manage to defeat one of the most powerful tyrant ever made, NEMESIS,
she manage to battle wesker whit no fear and throw him out of a window to save Chris, he suffered all kind of abomination by wesker hand for 4 years, and yet she was able to pull herself up whitout any medical treatment and went to help chris in the volcano... Ada is a well trained spy, she is cleaver and agile, but she didn't face even an inch of what jill did, despite all her training, ada was nearly killed by Mr x, simmons, saddler, she would not have survived all of this whitout leon help

Jill is definitely the female Re character, and also one of the best female character in videogame history , and deserve to be on top of the list, than come all the other

Even Claire in my opinion survived worse think that ada herself, she survived all kind of birkin stage, she entered umbrella Europe hq alone, she roamed Rockford island and even survive a wesker encounter, faced the tyrant on Rockford alone and even nosferatu and don't forget all the event in revelations 2...

I like your points of view! It's always hard for me to rank between Ada and Jill but I don't know Ada seems to me that she may get the upper hand. She's very fast and unpredictable, Jill is no doubt brave and is built like a tank but I don't believe she can keep up with Ada's style and tricks. While I know Ada got cought a lot and was almost killed if it wasnt for Leon. But remember even Jill needed help, in RE3 she got infected with the G Virus and if it wasnt for Carlos bringing her the vaccine she would've die.. I know she fought the Nemisis while infected but even Jill cought off guard. It's not just Ada. And remember in RE1 when the ceiling almost crushed and turned her into a Jill sandwich XD? If Barry wasnt there she would've die earlier, but imagine if Ada got stuck in a situation like this? She would've get out easily :)

You may think im biased towards Ada, trust me I love both the same XDD.

And as for Claire, she's no doubt tough and her experience put her above the rest of the women. But I don't think she can ever be better than Ada, she never got any official training, she was only taught to be able to defend herself and dealing with most situations. She's only a rescuer not a fighter like Jill. I can accept Jill being stronger than Ada but Claire? Hmmm I don't think so. But you know? I just realized that she has done all of these things alone and with no assistance, I may change my mind in the future LOL.

And of course in the end that's your opinion and I respect it, it's all about sharing and having fun ^_^

THIS coupled with her other instances of near superhuman skill ^^^ is why I will always consider Ada the most powerful/capable woman in Resident Evil, sure Jill has gone through more but in a straight up fight I think Ada would win although I will say that character wise Jill is my favorite female protagonist in the series with Leon being my favorite male protagonist.

My list is,

1.Ada
2.Jill
3.Sheva
4.Fong Ling
5.Sherry (RE6)
6.Helena
7.Jessica
8.Rebbeca
9.Moira
10.Ashley

And I rank my list not on what they have been though or fought but what skill in combat they have shown in the series whether it be superhuman agility and skill (Ada) or a having a virus that gives them a healing factor (Sherry) just to name some suggestions.
Completely agree! This fight scene is a proof of her worth . She's very tricky and will do whatever it takes to win her battles, she will not hold back one bit unlike good characters like Jill and Claire.

Speaking of Claire, you didn't add her into your list :)

BTW Albert, I'm curious to know your full rank of the other characters :)

Mod edit: Quadrupplepost merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21244

I like your points of view! It's always hard for me to rank between Ada and Jill but I don't know Ada seems to me that she may get the upper hand. She's very fast and unpredictable, Jill is no doubt brave and is built like a tank but I don't believe she can keep up with Ada's style and tricks. While I know Ada got cought a lot and was almost killed if it wasnt for Leon. But remember even Jill needed help, in RE3 she got infected with the G Virus and if it wasnt for Carlos bringing her the vaccine she would've die.. I know she fought the Nemisis while infected but even Jill cought off guard. It's not just Ada. And remember in RE1 when the ceiling almost crushed and turned her into a Jill sandwich XD? If Barry wasnt there she would've die earlier, but imagine if Ada got stuck in a situation like this? She would've get out easily :)

You may think im biased towards Ada, trust me I love both the same XDD.

And as for Claire, she's no doubt tough and her experience put her above the rest of the women. But I don't think she can ever be better than Ada, she never got any official training, she was only taught to be able to defend herself and dealing with most situations. She's only a rescuer not a fighter like Jill. I can accept Jill being stronger than Ada but Claire? Hmmm I don't think so. But you know? I just realized that she has done all of these things alone and with no assistance, I may change my mind in the future LOL.

And of course in the end that's your opinion and I respect it, it's all about sharing and having fun ^_^
I don't think Ada would have been able to survive the T virus infection from nemesis whitout the help from someone, even that cealing trap, unless she had some rocket or granade to open the door...

Yeah ada can do all that cool cqc combat, all that athletic maneuver ecc but all those techniques were mostly uselles against mr x, simmons and saddler... Mr x was less faster, less stronger and less intelligent than nemesis, yet ada got kicked by him and she was so baldy injuried that leon thought she was dead

Claire despite some training from chris, manage to face off alone against some of the most powerful opponent in re history , and she can't do no cqc, no parcur ecc
She defeated birkin who was a more enduring enemy than mr x and saddler combined

In my opinion, Ada is a strong character, but all that fighting technique and ability didn't help her against most of the enemy she faced, also most of the time she used her grappling gun to survive and escape situation, whitout it she would have died against enemy like Krauser

Yeah I'll add the other character in my previous post but it would take sometime since i would like to explain all of them precisely XD

Soul Fist

I don't think Ada would have been able to survive the T virus infection from nemesis whitout the help from someone, even that cealing trap, unless she had some rocket or granade to open the door...

Yeah ada can do all that cool cqc combat, all that athletic maneuver ecc but all those techniques were mostly uselles against mr x, simmons and saddler... Mr x was less faster, less stronger and less intelligent than nemesis, yet ada got kicked by him and she was so baldy injuried that leon thought she was dead

Claire despite some training from chris, manage to face off alone against some of the most powerful opponent in re history , and she can't do no cqc, no parcur ecc
She defeated birkin who was a more enduring enemy than mr x and saddler combined

In my opinion, Ada is a strong character, but all that fighting technique and ability didn't help her against most of the enemy she faced, also most of the time she used her grappling gun to survive and escape situation, whitout it she would have died against enemy like Krauser

Yeah I'll add the other character in my previous post but it would take sometime since i would like to explain all of them precisely XD

When it comes to that trap, sure that's the point. She would get stuck just as much as Jill but I think Ada always prepared and has her tools with her. So she would get out with ease.

It's true that MR. X is nowhere near Nemisis yet she got injured. Nemisis had like 5 transforming, but Jill did just fine. The fact that she did fight him while was injured was impressive.

I just realized that Claire did all of that with no help, she fought that Tyrant in the plane with a very limited space and with one slip she would fly away. But she managed to do that, I don't know you really convinced me about Claire XDD < and not to mention she returned to Steve and she said "Oh it was nothing" she didn't break any sweat :)

I'm excited to see your full list but take your time :)

Soul Fist

Strong
1. Claire
2. Sheva
3. Jill
4. Sherry
5. Ada
6. Helena
7. Jessica
8. Moira
9. Mia
10. Ashley
Weak
Awesome list I like it:)
But may I know why you put Sheva in 2nd above Ada and Jill? And Sherry above Ada? That'll be interesting to discuss :wink:

You also forgot to add Rebecca :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Awesome list I like it:)
But may I know why you put Sheva in 2nd above Ada and Jill? And Sherry above Ada? That'll be interesting to discuss :wink:

You also forgot to add Rebecca :)

I think Claire has been through alot, like most of these women. I just thought with her she puts motherly type instincts above all else when she helped sherry, and the young girl in degeneration. She is clearly capable of gaining Intel and has the "balls" to infiltrate umbrella by herself without really any gear (code Veronica). Then of course she gets kidnapped, but puts her fear aside to care for moira. She ends up escaping, being washed away by the sea for who knows how long, only to recover and go back to the island and assist Barry and moira. All without letting fear get the better of her. I think she is incredibly strong because of this.

I put sheva high because even though Jill and Chris has been through hell and survived, they have fought against wesker multiple times. This is shevas first encounter with him and she really held her own despite not really knowing what was going on at times. She adapted very quickly and trusted Chris completely even though sometimes he was a bit of a dick.

Jill however is still incredibly strong and resourceful. It was a tough choice coming up with the top three.

Now Ada is my favourite character in re, but she thinks she's better than what she is. If it wasn't for the constant help she gets from others she wouldn't be as successful as she is. Despite this she is badass and in a pinch she really shines. She doesn't really panic and remains calm and collected even when in a seemingly hopeless situation such as being in a sinking submarine.

Oh wow I forgot Rebecca, dang

Last edited:

Soul Fist

I think Claire has been through alot, like most of these women. I just thought with her she puts motherly type instincts above all else when she helped sherry, and the young girl in degeneration. She is clearly capable of gaining Intel and has the "balls" to infiltrate umbrella by herself without really any gear (code Veronica). Then of course she gets kidnapped, but puts her fear aside to care for moira. She ends up escaping, being washed away by the sea for who knows how long, only to recover and go back to the island and assist Barry and moira. All without letting fear get the better of her. I think she is incredibly strong because of this.

I put sheva high because even though Jill and Chris has been through hell and survived, they have fought against wesker multiple times. This is shevas first encounter with him and she really held her own despite not really knowing what was going on at times. She adapted very quickly and trusted Chris completely even though sometimes he was a bit of a dick.

Jill however is still incredibly strong and resourceful. It was a tough choice coming up with the top three.

Now Ada is my favourite character in re, but she thinks she's better than what she is. If it wasn't for the constant help she gets from others she wouldn't be as successful as she is. Despite this she is badass and in a pinch she really shines. She doesn't really panic and remains calm and collected even when in a seemingly hopeless situation such as being in a sinking submarine.

Oh wow I forgot Rebecca, dang
Good points :)

In terms of Claire, she definitely got what it takes to be on top. She also knows how to be tricky and get her self out of trouble in very extreme situations, like when she shot the barrels in CVX intro.

And I agree about Sheva, she already did better than Jill and Chris combined when they were in Lost in Nightmares. It's crazy how fast she got adapted, and remember she didn't even know who Wesker but still held her own. And her 11 guerrilla (Not sure about the sbiling) experience, and she's very good with the knife, which is very effective in a close range combat.

I'll wait for you to add Rebecca!

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Good points :)

In terms of Claire, she definitely got what it takes to be on top. She also knows how to be tricky and get her self out of trouble in very extreme situations, like when she shot the barrels in CVX intro.

And I agree about Sheva, she already did better than Jill and Chris combined when they were in Lost in Nightmares. It's crazy how fast she got adapted, and remember she didn't even know who Wesker but still held her own. And her 11 guerrilla (Not sure about the sbiling) experience, and she's very good with the knife, which is very effective in a close range combat.

I'll wait for you to add Rebecca!
I think that Id put Rebecca above moira, but in terms of strength. She does better supporting others than fighting herself.

Soul Fist

I think that Id put Rebecca above moira, but in terms of strength. She does better supporting others than fighting herself.
Yeah I also think Rebecca should be above Moira but below the likes of Jessica and Helena. Pretty much spot on
My two favorite gals are Jill Valentine and Moira Burton, and they're both probably the strongest and weakest, respectively.

Me too, I love both. Moira is very likeable and you can easily attach to her :)

I'm curious to see your full list, feel free to post it whenever you have the time :)

Soul Fist

There's a guy who release versus matches in his channel, his videos are so fun and he provides great details and goes very deep. I really enjoy his channel, and one of the matches he released was Ada vs Jill and Jill vs Claire.

Ada vs Jill
Claire vs Jill

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
I would say that I agree with Soul Fist’s ranking in the original post, with one exception: I would switch Claire and Sheva’s ranking positions. Claire has a lot more experience actually fighting BOWs than Sheva has, and did not require a constant partner, and this in spite of formal training on Sheva’s part. Claire at 3, Sheva at 4, but otherwise, original list is same for me.

Top Bottom