• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 R.I.P RESIDENT EVIL 1996-2009..

OgromanUstanak

And it was never about any specific monster. It's always been about specific characters doing their best to survive and avert a crisis with a plethora of different BOWs. Zombie's were some of the main BOW, but they were always just a distraction from the bigger BOWs. That's even how it was in RE1-3. That, IMO, is what Resident Evil is all about. That's why I believe RE4 (and RE5, to a point) didn't stray too much from the core RE concept.
You are right, but aren't zombies technically not B.O.Ws? They are infected humans and some are (like in CV) reanimated corpses. B.O.Ws are the creatures specifically engineered to be used as weapons like the Lickers, Tyrants, etc. Although the virus itself is obviously a biological weapon.

I really really love RE after RE4. In fact RE4 is my favorite game ever, and the favorite RE game. It has the best action, it's very tense and strategic. All the other TPS games are more twitch action, RE5 a bit less but RE6 totally. They require you to be fast and move around. RE4 is all about careful positioning and deliberate motion, you wouldn't just press the aim button for no reason like in say Mass Effect.

It stands to date as the only third person shooter of its kind. While I love RE5 for being fun, and will love RE6 for the same reason based on the demo, I can't help but feel sorry Capcom didn't want to make a true sequel to RE4. It seems the previous experience of getting stale scared them into trying to innovate and evolve too fast. There was time after RE4 for "more of the same", too bad it was unused.

E:

I really have to also add that Resident Evil 4 had the best story in the series. Far away from the anime-ish Wesker and the faux Americana of the first three games it was just balls to the walls camp. Very knowing, as well. RE5 seems to not know how ridiculous and B movie its story and cutscenes are, but RE4 does. When Leon says "Rain or shine, you're going down" you can just feel him smirking, looking at you in a knowing fashion going "I know, right?". To wit, RE4 has many fun one liners like "Hasta Luego" or "Your right hand comes off?" while RE5 only has one, the extreme makeover line.

Arachnid

You are right, but aren't zombies technically not B.O.Ws? They are infected humans and some are (like in CV) reanimated corpses. B.O.Ws are the creatures specifically engineered to be used as weapons like the Lickers, Tyrants, etc. Although the virus itself is obviously a biological weapon.
The zombies are the outcome of the virus, which is why I still consider them BOW's like everything else. Remember, the Tyrant was a direct result of the T-Virus too. The only difference is that the zombies were a completely accidental outcome.

And yes, RE4 is easily my favorite RE game (hell, favorite all time game) for every reason you listed and more.

Hoady

The way i see it, everything changes. Its not dead, it has just taken a new turn. The only negative i can find from that is the marketing side of things, where things have to be changed to appeal for certain audiences.

I wasn't fond of Resident Evil 5 at all but thats because i expected too much out of it. My favorite Resi game i have played is 4 so far. Many Resi fans would certainly disagree with that. All i am saying is each game(or any product in the resident evil franchise) will have a special place for someone, new or old.

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
The way i see it, everything changes. Its not dead, it has just taken a new turn. The only negative i can find from that is the marketing side of things, where things have to be changed to appeal for certain audiences.

I wasn't fond of Resident Evil 5 at all but thats because i expected too much out of it. My favorite Resi game i have played is 4 so far. Many Resi fans would certainly disagree with that. All i am saying is each game(or any product in the resident evil franchise) will have a special place for someone, new or old.

I agree with you completely on this. Like i ranted about in my intro thread, the bio-weaponry and science involved in researching it would be more sophisticated as the games go on (and when i say the science required for the research, I mean in-game, not real life lol) which would lead to BOWs with more sophisticated means of attacking, as well as biting and mauling, they are also more advanced, due to the infectant used being more advanced.

Umbrella (Neo-Umbrella) would come up with new creations that can attack more efficiently and have some intelligence/controllability factor. The game might not be horror movie scary, but the parallels to real-world possibilities makes the game scary for me. Well, apart from RE5, i'm on that hating boat too, it's fun, but I want some scares every now and then :p

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
the Resident Evil franchise hasn't died (no pun intended), the franchise just Evolved/Changed. this is the most of simply to simply put it.... (sure to the Op the franchise has "died" *hehe* but the way i see it....well, like i've said, it Evolved/Changed through-out each release, so Yes)

Top Bottom