• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Question about Resident Evil 2

waking up

So I completed Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 2, but I only did 2 with Leon A. I'm very eager to get onto Resident Evil 4 cause people say that's the best one (I'm playing through all the Resident Evils to understand the story line better), but is only doing Leon A sufficent enough to the story line? Or should I also do Leon B, Claire A and B? Keep in mind I'm not really playing it for the fun of it (Well I am, cause it's a game, but I don't want to keep replaying the same thing that has no effect on the story line because I need to get through all the REs if you get what I mean - and I don't really care much about unlocking things in game, I just want to play through them once and get onto the next installment. Plus the fact is I tend to get bored of games that I play for too long, and I don't want that to happen to the RE series, I want to play a game, go onto the next, the next, the next etc. then restart the whole series again to relive the memories and make it feel asthough it's a brand new game that I've never played before.), and really just to understand the story so I have more fun playing RE4 + 5. I've also just completed RE3 which was awesome.

So if I were to not play anymore RE2, will I be able to understand the story in RE4 + 5?

weskerfan

the diffrence is A is the regular game that you play first.

and B is the game of the other character that goes the opposite way of you.

ya know,at the beginning,on the other side of the fire.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
if you wanna play the canon story line play claire A Leon B, but to understand the story in brief you just have to play one or the other..
have you also played RE0, as that leads directly onto 1?
also next time you play if you didnt already , play chris's story line in RE1, its the canon as well.

bruno

Chief Researcher
The difference between A and B is the side of the street your character jumps to in the beginning. You see, you get in the station through another place, you'll make a different waay through the station (you pass through the same places and the puzzles are almost all the same, but the keys are in different rooms, etc.).
I reccomend you to play Claire A Leon B, the story is really better (makes more sense), more fun and it's the cannon story.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Exactly what he sais ^ ^ but if you want an easier run do leon a first, well thats if you playing on hard, any other mode is easy enough

waking up;30440 said:
So if I were to not play anymore RE2, will I be able to understand the story in RE4 + 5?

Yes, RE4 starts up a new story with a new virus/parasite, and RE5 pretty much disregards almost everything that has happened in past games. Quite sad.

As for the senarios, I wouldn't worry, if you want to get on with the series play Claire's senarios later. However you might be confused when you get to Code Veronica, so yeah maybe you should play Claire's senario. While Claire A and Leon B is suppose to be canon, I personally think it best that there is a mix of both, but that's just me.

The game is kinda short on each senario, maybe like 4-8 hours on the first try, but since you've already done Leon's game and have a clue where most things are at it should only take you about 3-5 maybe. So it shouldn't take long to go through Claire's senarios anyway.

RE2 is the best of the old REs RE4 is the best of the new ones (IMO)

wpstudart

Yes you would, Resident Evil 4 in the begin they kind of tell you the story of Resident Evil 2. And 5 almost doesn't have anything to do with Resident Evil 2.

Popo

i have a question, i just made a speedrun with leon A which took me 1 hour 22 minutes, i didnt save, used only once a healing item and i had a B rank wtf?

L

Lurker
in order to get an A you have to pass it in under an hour with no healing items

Popo

under an hour? i saw a guy on youtube that his time was 1:12 an he had A, maybe it was because of the healing item

Torque

Rathit;48763 said:
in order to get an A you have to pass it in under an hour with no healing items

not necessarily under an hour, my last run was 2:01 , using only herbs i got an A

you must not pick up the sub-machine gun or use any of the special weapons, and use no first aid sprays

Popo

hey, a quick question, i am now making a speedrun with leon B, can i catch the handgun parts and have an A? please answer quickly i can't waste time!

aintnoscrub

Premium
if your doing a speed run don't bother with the handgun parts, but yes you can still get an A, don't use first aid sprays and don't get the machine gun or side pack and you'll be fine for an A

Top Bottom