• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Official Desperate Escape Thread

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
@Jason and aintnoscrub - I agree with both of you on Chris Heavy Metal. I am trying to get kills and yet the person who is playing as him gets the kill. I am pretty much getting a little, no scratch that, I am highly getting, no scratch that, I am always getting p*ssed whenever I see someone who uses him.

Like aintnoscrub said play be the host when you don't want them in your lobby.

I even compared him to Barry, Excella, Rebecca, Sheva Business, and Sheva Fairy Tale and he comes out with the lowest score out of all of them. If he dosen't come out a score higher than all the other ones then he isn't that good. He even sucks at killing a exectutioner.

For everyone reading this, understand that Chris Heavy Metal/Exoskeleton isn't that good. His Gatling gun dosen't have enough fire power to actually drop a boss that easily and he gets very poor scores. The only good time to play as him is on Ship Deck and Mines since crazy child s*x preadtors, Mr. Tough Fatsos, and giant roaches from h*ll (even though they are easy as h*ll.) are going to annoy you alot.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
Crap, i can't stop looking at my sig, JIll is soo sexy sniping a majini from an impossible distance with no scope :D

i don't mind the stun rod, but that damn chain gun, it's soo anoying, and he should have gotten and infinate Grenade Launcher with Exposive rounds, that would have been MUCH better that the chain gun

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I thought DE was pretty okay, kind of dissapointing...gameplay wise, really great cutscenes, especially the extra vicious majini(in the cutscenes), but otherwise I found the environments to be dull...actually alot like the big area in RE4 Separate Ways, which had tons of gun turrets and enemies shooting at you...

Feng-Hi

Just started the download and got to go to work so I probabl won't get a proper play until tomorrow, depending on how much last minute practice for my exam I do before Tuesday :-S

Iced Digger

Desperate Escape is much better then Lost in Nightmares. LIN is just too easy, the only real threat is wesker, who's only really difficult on pro. De is much more difficult, I'm trying it on pro now, and I'm getting murdered. So, it's much better in my book. Sure it dosen't have the creppy atmosphere, but it's much more fun to play.

SamuraiEdge

Samurai Edge;67313 said:
I think the DLC was worth it, considering that it was only 400MSpts (when usually DLC like this would be 800) and that you get the 2 extra characters for the Mercenaries Reunion. Sure, that might not sound like much, but for 400MSpts, it's worth it!

It took me around 50 minutes to complete Desperate Escape with my brother on split screen, but there was 2 or 3 deaths involved, and we ended up killing over 200 enemies total.

DE is more about the action, whereas I think LiN is more about the story and tension (and to bring back old memories to RE1 fans). Sure, DE didn't give me the "OMG this is awesome!" feeling as soon as I began, but that's most likely because I wasn't playing as Jill & Chris in a rather familiar looking mansion (huge REmake fan here)

If people think either DLC is too short or too easy, I highly recommend playing on veteran / professional (especially professional). LiN was great fun on professional in co-op with a friend, not being able to see the enemy on the map during the sewer scene required good communication and teamwork. If you can't get someone to play co-op with for either DLC, don't bother playing until you can find someone. This game & DLC was made for co-op between 2 friends in my opinion.

Wow I got a little freaked out then, I saw your name 'SamuraiEdge' and I was thinking I dont remember writing this post! Lol.

I'm surprised DE has had some bad reviews, If you think this is to short then you should take your time abit more and kill everyone before moving on to the next stage. I managed to get over 300 kills between me and my buddy and it took us just over an hour. As much as I love LIN it took me only 45 mins to get through.

I enjoyed the Dlc the only thing that I was disapointed about was some of the Mercs Reunion characters and the fact that you cant play with Wesker and Jill etc from the original Mercs on Mercs Reunion and vice versa, That would have been bad ass. Apart from that great Dlc whats next Capcom??

leon83

I completed it earlier and i liked it to be fair and it was better than i thought it would be.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Sweeet !! I've downloaded it but I havnt played it yet. good to see someone saying something good about it :p

Im not in a hurry to play it, I aint even been playing AVP haha not completed that yet lol... for once Ive got games I want to play that need completing

v iBaxter

We Are Ninja;67799 said:
Just finished DE and I LOVED it... I enjoyed it infinitely more than LIN.

why do we get the feeling u here to prove a point to us DE did Kinda suck only josh and rebbeca and that awesome chopper pilot is all i really liked from it...

JordanFreeman

Id give DE a 8.5/10 probably. It was a fantastic action packed mini-chapter that felt alot like the ending section of RE4.

It was very fun. :3

We Are Ninja

v iBaxter;67801 said:
why do we get the feeling u here to prove a point to us...

I have no idea why you get that feeling. I wasn't overly fond of LIN. I really enjoyed DE. I have no agenda, I'm simply stating my humble opinion... :confused:

Tomik

hey, I downloaded it yesterday, but I cant seem to make it working. Like all the DLC for RE5. When I click on the extra content all the DLC parts remain red and unclickable. Dunno if anyone of you guys have any experience with that. I have PS3

Iced Digger

Tomik;67856 said:
hey, I downloaded it yesterday, but I cant seem to make it working. Like all the DLC for RE5. When I click on the extra content all the DLC parts remain red and unclickable. Dunno if anyone of you guys have any experience with that. I have PS3

Hmm... it worked for me. When it was done downloading, did you install it after wards? Should be somewhere on the PS3 menu.

Top Bottom