• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 News about Resident Evil 7 (Only what i read on net)

Who would you like to be main protagonist in Resident Evil 7? This is just q for fun

• Total voters

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
In 2014, Sankei Shimbun has reported that Capcom will unveil Resident Evil 7 for PlayStation 4 at E3 in June. Now i'm sure many of you saw this on some websites, but here it goes. Apparently they will unveil Resident Evil 7 for PS4 at E3 This month, Are you excited :D ??! Yeep

Resident Evil.

It is not Resident Evil 7.

It will be revealed at E3 2014.

It will feature three returning characters from the series. One male and two female.

Two of these characters haven't been seen in a 'decade' and one of them never had an appearance in-game.

Resident Evil: Revelations was originally released on Nintendo 3DS. It marked the series' return to its survival horror root. It was later remade for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC with HD graphics. The game is usually considered a solid entry in the series.

When Resident Evil 7 was rumoured a few years back, one of the most popular theories going on at the time was the return of Albert Wesker to face his son, Jake.

This theory was "confirmed" when an alleged employee of Capcom tweeted about Wesker's voice actor going in to the studio to record lines for Wesker and that they are planning to add Alice from the Resident Evil movies to be a playable character in the Resident Evil 7 mercenaries mode.

WHO DO YOU THINK ARE THE TWO FEMALES? I'd guess it's Rebecca and Claire?

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I voted Ada. I've been hoping that she would finally get her own game for a long time now, and if the rumour is true and this isn't a numbered title, but a spin-off / side game, it would be the perfect opportunity.

Normally I'd like to see Chris too, but not necessarily with Jill and not necessarily now after he's already been in three games in a row, and I'm conflicted about Claire because even though she's a favourite of mine, she's also one of the few characters who actually had some kind of closure, so it might be unwise to bring her back when so many others still have ongoing stories.

I have a clear opinion on Wesker's return, though: If the story is set after RE5, I don't want him back no matter what, unless he only appears in flashbacks or Mercenaries. Of course it would be interesting to see how a meeting with his son would turn out, but I said it before and I'll say it again: How are they going to kill him for good if two rockets to the head while he was submerged in lava weren't enough to finish the job? The whole thing is already overdone enough as it is.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I'd like it if they bring back Jessica Sherawat as Villain this time? As for Alice i'd really love to play a main game with her. And they probably won't bring Leon back.

Also it would be nice if one of the two females is someone from outbreak

And people want Barry to return in RE7 if he's going to be over 50!? Barry was 35 in RE1 (1998) and he didn't look that great for his age especially if you compare him to Chris and Wesker (when they were that age). Plus Barry has a family and probably has grandkids by now (he seems like that type) and didn't he say in the RE3 Epiloge that he wanted to be with his family. Maybe make a cameo apperance but as for being playable I don't think so.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Barry is overrated anyway...

Jessica would only make sense if Chris or Jill was in the game, or both, otherwise no one really knows her, and I really don't want any of the other blockheads from Revelations to come back... But that might actually be nice. After Chris defeated Wesker, Jessica could become Jill's arch-enemy. I had been hoping that Nicholai would be this for Jill, given that he survived according to canon (or at least I think that was the canon ending), but we haven't seen him for ages...

Then again, two characters are said to have been absent for more than a decade, so... who knows.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Yeah, it could be Claire, Barry, Rebecca, Billy or maybe it would be great if they add Outbreak Characters like:
Alyssa, Cindy, George, Kevin, Yoko

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This is rumor and rumor only. Nothing has been confirmed yet, and if it HAS, then post links as proof please.

Other than that, pretty much EVERYONE here knows my stance on Claire. LEAVE HER THE F*CK OUT OF ANY MORE RE GAMES.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
This is rumor and rumor only. Nothing has been confirmed yet, and if it HAS, then post links as proof please.

Other than that, pretty much EVERYONE here knows my stance on Claire. LEAVE HER THE F*CK OUT OF ANY MORE RE GAMES.

:cross: Don't talk about my Claire like that! :p

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
:cross: Don't talk about my Claire like that! :p
I don't mean it in a bad way. I like her well enough. But I'm worried Capcom is going to ruin a good thing by bringing her back. She had a VERY good send off in the cannon movie, Degeneration, and she even admitted then, that she was done fighting. It would be in VERY poor taste, and even worse storytelling to bring her back after all of that.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I don't mean it in a bad way. I like her well enough. But I'm worried Capcom is going to ruin a good thing by bringing her back. She had a VERY good send off in the cannon movie, Degeneration, and she even admitted then, that she was done fighting. It would be in VERY poor taste, and even worse storytelling to bring her back after all of that.

Yeah, I know haha! She did get a good send off but that doesn't mean I don't want to see her again just like I know you want to see Jill and Leon again :)

Popo

I actually like the idea of including Outbreak characters. Kevin and Alyssa are the ones I'd like to see the most.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, I know haha! She did get a good send off but that doesn't mean I don't want to see her again just like I know you want to see Jill and Leon again :)
While I do want to see them again, it's because they haven't had the closure Claire did. I'd be ok, for example, if RE7 was Jill or Leon's last game, as long as the send off was one worthy of their character ;)

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
In 2014, Sankei Shimbun has reported that Capcom will unveil Resident Evil 7 for PlayStation 4 at E3 in June. Now i'm sure many of you saw this on some websites, but here it goes. Apparently they will unveil Resident Evil 7 for PS4 at E3 This month, Are you excited :D ??! Yeep

Resident Evil.

It is not Resident Evil 7.

It will be revealed at E3 2014.

It will feature three returning characters from the series. One male and two female.

Two of these characters haven't been seen in a 'decade' and one of them never had an appearance in-game.

Resident Evil: Revelations was originally released on Nintendo 3DS. It marked the series' return to its survival horror root. It was later remade for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC with HD graphics. The game is usually considered a solid entry in the series.

When Resident Evil 7 was rumoured a few years back, one of the most popular theories going on at the time was the return of Albert Wesker to face his son, Jake.

This theory was "confirmed" when an alleged employee of Capcom tweeted about Wesker's voice actor going in to the studio to record lines for Wesker and that they are planning to add Alice from the Resident Evil movies to be a playable character in the Resident Evil 7 mercenaries mode.

WHO DO YOU THINK ARE THE TWO FEMALES? I'd guess it's Rebecca and Claire?
-" post thief " !!!!!

Turo602

The King of Kings

She was never a fighter. She wasn't a fighter in RE2, she wasn't a fighter in Code Veronica, and she wasn't a fighter in Degeneration. In all of her appearances, she's either looking for someone, caught up in a situation, or both. She's not Chris or Leon, she doesn't make it her mission to personally take down B.O.W.'s, but under the right circumstances, she'll fight. Claire has way too many connections to main characters to become irrelevant.

Also, this series has never been about good taste or good storytelling. After the atrocity that was Jake Muller and Carla Radames, Claire's return is hardly a chip on this series' shoulder. Her return could be exactly what this series needs. Less military soldier crap, more unexpected scary situations. I died a little when I started seeing squads gunning down monsters like it was nothing in Resident Evil 5 and 6.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
She was never a fighter. She wasn't a fighter in RE2, she wasn't a fighter in Code Veronica, and she wasn't a fighter in Degeneration. In all of her appearances, she's either looking for someone, caught up in a situation, or both. She's not Chris or Leon, she doesn't make it her mission to personally take down B.O.W.'s, but under the right circumstances, she'll fight. Claire has way too many connections to main characters to become irrelevant.

Also, this series has never been about good taste or good storytelling. After the atrocity that was Jake Muller and Carla Radames, Claire's return is hardly a chip on this series' shoulder. Her return could be exactly what this series needs. Less military soldier crap, more unexpected scary situations. I died a little when I started seeing squads gunning down monsters like it was nothing in Resident Evil 5 and 6.
She knew what she was getting into by CODE: Veronica, and she was too a fighter. Not a Bio-Terrorism fighter, but she was a strong willed individual who was taught HOW to fight by her brother. She IS Irrelevant. What good is bringing back characters, when they need to slowly BE retired to end the series. And, if she isn't a fighter, and that's the direction the story has gone, then keep it that way. Rebecca has connections to the Main characters too...And so does Barry...Doesn't mean they should come back. It can be argued that in RE2, Claire is more of a fighter than Leon, considering she has something to fight FOR.

Turo602

The King of Kings
She knew what she was getting into by CODE: Veronica, and she was too a fighter. Not a Bio-Terrorism fighter, but she was a strong willed individual who was taught HOW to fight by her brother. She IS Irrelevant. What good is bringing back characters, when they need to slowly BE retired to end the series. And, if she isn't a fighter, and that's the direction the story has gone, then keep it that way. Rebecca has connections to the Main characters too...And so does Barry...Doesn't mean they should come back. It can be argued that in RE2, Claire is more of a fighter than Leon, considering she has something to fight FOR.

Knowing how to fight and being a fighter are two completely different things. When I say she's not a fighter, it's in the same way it's intended to be when Claire says she's done fighting. She doesn't want to fight in the same way Leon and Chris do. That's why she's with Terrasave and not the BSAA. She was dragged into 2 games because of Chris. In Raccoon City, she wasn't fighting for Chris, she wasn't fighting Umbrella, she was fighting for survival and then focused on her brother again. Her mission was not to fight, but to find a loved one. Leon was a fighter and stayed a fighter, seeing as he never abandoned his duty as a cop and went straight for Umbrella after Raccoon City.

Also, her connections are far greater than the other two characters... It's not like Rebecca has a personal relationship to Chris or Jill. She sure doesn't know Leon, not mention she's been M.I.A. longer than any other character. Besides, she's due for a return. And Barry... is a joke, old, and a family man. Claire is Chris' sister, Leon's friend, and a very close friend to Sherry. As someone who wants to see more Sherry in the future, I don't see why Claire couldn't be involved with her or any of the other characters like she was with Chris in 2 and Code Veronica.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Knowing how to fight and being a fighter are two completely different things. When I say she's not a fighter, it's in the same way it's intended to be when Claire says she's done fighting. She doesn't want to fight in the same way Leon and Chris do. That's why she's with Terrasave and not the BSAA. She was dragged into 2 games because of Chris. In Raccoon City, she wasn't fighting for Chris, she wasn't fighting Umbrella, she was fighting for survival and then focused on her brother again. Her mission was not to fight, but to find a loved one. Leon was a fighter and stayed a fighter, seeing as he never abandoned his duty as a cop and went straight for Umbrella after Raccoon City.

Also, her connections are far greater than the other two characters... It's not like Rebecca has a personal relationship to Chris or Jill. She sure doesn't know Leon, not mention she's been M.I.A. longer than any other character. Besides, she's due for a return. And Barry... is a joke, old, and a family man. Claire is Chris' sister, Leon's friend, and a very close friend to Sherry. As someone who wants to see more Sherry in the future, I don't see why Claire couldn't be involved with her or any of the other characters like she was with Chris in 2 and Code Veronica.
We don't KNOW that she was close to Sherry...In fact, it's implied that she hasn't even seen Sherry since Raccoon City when you add the pieces together. Sherry stays with Leon after the incident, until the government takes her in. And by the time Sherry makes her return, Claire has already stopped fighting. And you said it yourself, she doesn't WANT to fight. That's been CLEARLY stated. Seeing more of Sherry has NO relevance to seeing Claire again, when it's highly likely that they never saw each other again anyway...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
We don't KNOW that she was close to Sherry...In fact, it's implied that she hasn't even seen Sherry since Raccoon City when you add the pieces together.

What makes you think that? Claire visited Sherry as often as she was able to, it clearly says so in the files, and Sherry refers to Leon and Claire as the best friends she's ever had. I don't think she would speak so fondly of Claire if she had just abandoned her, and then there's her interactions with Chris, so if anything, adding the pieces together, even without considering the files, would suggest the exact opposite of what you said.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
What makes you think that? Claire visited Sherry as often as she was able to, it clearly says so in the files, and Sherry refers to Leon and Claire as the best friends she's ever had. I don't think she would speak so fondly of Claire if she had just abandoned her, and then there's her interactions with Chris, so if anything, adding the pieces together, even without considering the files, would suggest the exact opposite of what you said.
Ok, my apologies. I'll Google the files, and you're probably right. I remember no such files, but that DEFINITELY doesn't mean they don't exist. There are a LOT of files. I would argue the speaking fondly part though. If someone saves you from inevitable death, and shows you such kindness, even for only a matter of hours, and then you never saw them again, you would still probably always remember them as your best friends.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Where is the Jill and Leon option?

I want to see a new teamup that has not been done before as well as finally getting some on screen interaction between my favorite male and female Resident Evil characters.

Not looking to see another teamup of Chris and Jill which has been done 4 times now (RE1,REUC,RErevaltions,and RE5 LIN)

And a Chris and Claire teamup just does not interest me, although I would not mind a Claire appearance so long as its only a appearance as her being a member of Terrasave who aids/guides the main characters at certain parts of the game.

And I also hope that even though this chances of a co op game are ever so apparent that like in RE0 you will become separated at various parts in the game and forced to complete certain parts entirely by yourself, and I hope those parts stretch out for a decent amount of time.

Top Bottom