• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 New Mercenaries Gameplay - Leon

JMG29

To Let The World Be
That music is sexy.
I love the fact that you can go prone. It just looks so cool. I loved it in MGS4 and Max Payne 3.

Forcing you to pre-order from different stores to get special content is lame though. I hope it comes out as cheap DLC eventually.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Nice find there, ohh and seems this is your first post so welcome to the forum ;)

0:48 Who else hears "He's a gang man" *kick to the face*...
"I'm not a gang man. I'm a ladies man" XD

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
THANK YOU! FINALLY MORE MERCS!!

Finally we get to see the high sea fortress, nice to finally see it since this is the amazon pre order map and I pre ordered with Amazon. I just wish that we could get all three pre-order maps just instead of just 1 exclusive map. I think if you are from the UK you get all 3 with pre-order. And yeah, the department store music is growing on me, I like it but I would hope that they have more than one theme this time around, it would make sense seeing as they put different themes in the mercenaries 3d. They need to show mercenaries with more than 2 players, that's what I really want to see lol. It seems like mercs will be a little different now that we can move while shooting and and have dodge attacks.I like @ 0:30 when the ja'vo leaps to Leon and he falls back shooting.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
I was blown away at 0:30 when Leon inched his way back from that Ja'vo's spin-kick attack.

The movement in this game is very fluid. I hope that means more challenging enemies.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Good, but Leon in RE4 Mercenaries was better, only with Shotgun and Handgun- true survival, particularly wit Big Salvador or Bella Sisters. ;)

Just kidding, I cannot wait for RE6! :D

JMG29

To Let The World Be
Fluid movement and survival-horror aren't incompatible. In fact, it should make things more interesting. In real life, you're able to climb, jump, slide, move and shoot, and make use of the human body in any way, should you be put in a situation where survival is of the utmost importance. It's just that most game developers seem to have a bad habit of making everything shooters (that, or the AI isn't as demanding.)

slack

The music makes me feel like I'm playing a E rated sega dreamcast game. Doesn't feel horror oriented at all. Hope that's not the soundtrack they're going with.

zeroskaterz92

this is one of the best mechanism i see so far. it's so fluid and you can do tons of movement with your own way. i love how Leon dodge back inch away from the spinning kick and i love how Leon shooting and moving while prone. the way the player use the quick shot was amazing.
this is how it supposed to be if you want to advertise your game, a very damn great player show off the game mechanism with the amazing way to attract people to buy it.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
this is one of the best mechanism i see so far. it's so fluid and you can do tons of movement with your own way. i love how Leon dodge back inch away from the spinning kick
That part got me pumped for this game. It's like, "why isn't this in every game?!"

This, Max Payne 3, and maybe Halo 4 (if they do it right) are my top contenders for Game of the Year (last year it was an easy pick; Deus Ex: Human Revolution didn't have much to compete with.)

svp

yeah they really tweaked it a lot, Leon looks like a real human being by watching his movements. They are more fluid then his previous box-like style. Capcom seems to actually be listening to us. Just because they wanted to introduce a new gaming style with 5 doesn't mean we should hate on them. After all 4 was awesome and we didn't have anything negative to say about it, so basically 5 is the first "bad" game they made. give em a brake peeps. They will make adjustments , they are just not used to making them. :D

Top Bottom