• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised n00b again (RE:CV-X)

1995umk3

Wow.. now I know why I never wen't back to trying to beat RE:CV-X, this game is ridiculously hard! It makes the first 3 RE seem like baby games!

I thought I would at least get a little far past the beginning, but no... I died right after I got stuck in the building in this room with the gold lugers as I thought steve was suppose to do something when I was in the heating room after I got them.

When nothing happned, I wen't back to the place where you have to desposit items in the security box because there was a locked door I havnt been to yet. Then those zombies ate me and I died.

If you have beaten this game, GJ! I thought I would be a pro at this since it's the same tank controls movement like in the first 3 games. I will not use gamefaqs.com to beat this, I will do it without.

They say this is the REAL RE3 and re3 is my favorite re game. I give this game a 10/10 A+ Gold Trophy 1st Place Winner!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
The game isn't that hard when you follow these two rules,

1. Use the knife, its A LOT more effective in Code Veronica in comparison to other Resident Evil games, a few swipes to the legs and then the back of a zombie once they fall will do the trick, a bit of practice with that knife and it will allow you to eliminate lower enemies while saving ammo for the larger ones which brings me to the second rule,

2. Use your ammo wisely, I mean do not use a single shotgun or heavy weapon round on zombies whatsoever and only use them on higher enemies like Bandersnatch or Hunters, the most difficult thing about Code Veronica I experienced in my first playthrough was that I found myself taking on enemies and not having the heavy ammo necessary to deal with the harder ones, I even made it to the final Tyrant battle with Claire on the plane only to find out that I did not have much ammo left and could not beat it and had to start over. Afterwards I decided to look up a few Game FAQs with one of them teaching me these two rules I just layed out, manage to get through the game without much issue after employing these two and in fact it became one of the easier classic Resident Evil games in my book, I would still hold RE3 and RE0 a bit higher in the difficulty category due to Leech zombies and Nemesis.

1995umk3

The last time I played this was when i was in high school... 17 years ago??

I knew it was hard.. but not THIS HARD!

Thanks for the tips.. I really wanted to beat this game, now I can do it because I found a cool RE site.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I played it back when it first came out on dreamcast around the early 2000s, I was in 6th grade, I then played it again once it released on PS2 as Code Veronica X when i was my freshman year of high school, its actually still my favorite Resident Evil game and I have the best memories of it out of all the other ones I have played.

D

Deleted member 21244

Code veronica is actually pretty easy, i personally find re 3 and re 0 harder... Maybe because i finish it almost 30 times in my life or more
You have so many ammo and weapon in this game that by the end of the game I'm full of it, and i have more than 10 or 15 unused healing item in my inventory at the end of the game

My tips to easy beat this game is to kill almost every enemy, i shoot and kill all zombie from start to finish, just dodge the dogs and the bandersnatch but kill all the other enemy, zombie, hunter ecc you find so many ammo that you will have no problems doing so... If you have any problems Whit boss let me now, i will give you some advice

Last edited by a moderator:

1995umk3

I wen't on the submarine now.. the only stuff I have is the bow/bow bolts. No healing items... do I have a chance of beating the game?? I lost count homany times I died once I got to the submarine place.

I tried the knifing on the knee but it doesn't always work for me.

Those yellow monsters that swing at you made me lose all my healing items.. can I still beat the game with this progress??

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Is it possible? Yes.

However if you had that many issues with the bandersnatches (the stretchy armed fellows) I'm not sure you're going to be able to. The tyrant fight on the plane is probably the most common restart point in the entire game (not even taking into account the short tyrant fight before that), and unless you're very good with the knife (it's actually pretty over powered in CVX) then I hate to say it but you may have to go back to a previous save point.

So your options are basically to get good with the knife, go find some heals or start from an earlier save.

What difficulty are you playing on?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I wen't on the submarine now.. the only stuff I have is the bow/bow bolts. No healing items... do I have a chance of beating the game?? I lost count homany times I died once I got to the submarine place.

Those yellow monsters that swing at you made me lose all my healing items.. can I still beat the game with this progress??

You honestly should just practice more with the knife rather than giving up on it after it failed you sometimes, its by far the best knife in the series if you use it right and it definitely saves you ammo, I say start a new game and practice your knifing with the zombies from the beginning until you get the timing and method down, I usually have no issue whatsoever doing this since a few well timed swipes to the zombies knees causes them to fall and then a few swipes to the back kills them. But judging by your issue with ammo and resource consumption you have to get the hang of that knife or a better handle on dodging enemies since as its been pointed out that Tyrant plane battle its very important to have ammo and other resources since there is no turning back at that point and you will have to restart.

So in the end I suggest starting a new file seperate from your current one, PRACTICE with the knife and use you ammo wisely and once you get the hang of it then go back to your main save file, its ok to use your handgun ammo if you caught in a tight spot with zombies but just work some knife kills into it to save ammo in the long run and never use heavy ammo (fire bolts, Shotguns, Machine guns etc) on a lower enemy and save those strictly for higher enemies like Bandersnatch and Hunters etc.

As I said I had a to restart due to being careless with my resources on my first playthrough but once i started to use it more wisely and also did a bit of practicing with the knife the game literally became one of the easiest games in the series for me.

D

Deleted member 21244

I think you can... use the knife against zombie, equip the knife stay some meter away from the zombie and aim down and continue slash toward the coming zombie they will go down after a two slash at they're knees... For the Yellow monster, the bandesnatch, use the bow, they will Go down easy... If you are going to replay the game from the start just kill every enemy, besides the one that are easy dodgeable, most of the time you only spend health item because you want to dodge enemy but you fail and they hit you, instead by killing them you will not lose any health, there are a lot of ammo around and you have the knife, it's pretty easy... Use the handgun and bow if you don't have handgun ammo gainst the zombie, you can also use knife if you want, use the bow or the double gun against the bandesnatch...
Use the granade launcher whit the grey granade in the first battle against the tyrant, on the air plane instead, when you're fighting the tyrant, use the granade launcher equipped whit poison or flame round , after 4 or 5 shot of this round his leg will start to bleed, when you see this push the button to sent the crate on the tyrant finally killing him... As for healing item, you find a lot of them, i always remain whit more than 15 healing in my inventory at the end of the game, just remember to kill enemy and to dodge the easy one (example: zombie that can be avoided, dogs, spider, some bandersnatch can be easy dodged too, the red hunter whit claire) and always heal yourself when you are in danger status, never on yellow or above, never waste a solo herb, always combine it whit a red one or in some case combine three green herb and always use it when you are in danger status
Whit Chris is even more easy since he have the shotgun and you can also unlock the machine gun if you give the medicine to Marvin whit claire and then you defeat the grave digger whit Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

RedfieldFan

My two cents to help beat the game:

1. Use the knife. Shoot zombies and dogs till they fall and knife them! Saves tons of handgun ammo.

2. Remember to put the fireextinguisher in the item box and not leave it in the prison. Also make sure to give the medicin to the guard at the beginning.

3. Avoid other enemies in the 1st half of the game. Don't shoot the big worm, the bandersnatchers (except where they guard a key) or the crows - just run.

4. Upgrade Claire’s handgun

5. Easy kill the tyrant on the plane to spare health and ammo:
As soon as the fight starts, use all the green grenade rounds and then 5-6 explosives arrows. That'll weaken the tyrant enough so you can push it out of the plane.

6. Prepare for the character switch in terms of weapons and ammo. For example, I like pass Claire’s (semi automatic) handgun and ammo on to Chris. It makes his part easier.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Those are actually some pretty good points. There is a point in the game where you have to enter a tower to get to the Ashford Residence and a bunch of Bandersnatches attack Claire. Their animations to get to Claire and attack are kind of slow, so if you run well enough, you can get through this section without wasting a single bullet - and you only have to go through the section twice I think - so it is recommended.

Mr.R

Some more tips.

* Explore every nook and cranny of the scenario. CVx actually has a lot of ammo lying around, hidden in drawers or behind things in the scenario. Explore a lot.

* Bandersnatchers are weak against fire. 2 fire arrows kills them.

* Save the BOW rounds to use against the tyrant on the plane.

1995umk3

I don't think CV-X on PS2 has a difficulty chooser.. but I'm shure its on hard mode or hardest or unbeatable.

I would like to start all over but I will try to beat it this way even If I will die trillion more times, this game is not beginner friendly (0%)

Back then I would have never bothered again with this game.. but that was when the internet was slow, at least mine was.

I couldn't go online in this site in 2000 with dial up compuserve. +1 for this site being really old and still alive btw.

D

Deleted member 21244

I don't think CV-X on PS2 has a difficulty chooser.. but I'm shure its on hard mode or hardest or unbeatable.

I would like to start all over but I will try to beat it this way even If I will die trillion more times, this game is not beginner friendly (0%)

Back then I would have never bothered again with this game.. but that was when the internet was slow, at least mine was.

I couldn't go online in this site in 2000 with dial up compuserve. +1 for this site being really old and still alive btw.
Yeah there is actually no difficulty

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
There is no difficulty setting?

That's actually kind of amazing. When I was young, I would play Survival Horror games on Easy mode every single time and didn't really switch until the Gamecube era. I can't believe that I beat this on normal mode now. The thought still terrifies me. haha

D

Deleted member 21244

That's actually kind of amazing. When I was young, I would play Survival Horror games on Easy mode every single time and didn't really switch until the Gamecube era. I can't believe that I beat this on normal mode now. The thought still terrifies me. haha
It's nor even normal mode if you think about it, it's a mod on its own, could easy be hard

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld

I wanna say there was a difficulty setting for Code Veronica on the Saturn version but not on CVX.

Top Bottom