• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised n00b again (RE:CV-X)

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I played it on the PS2. Who knew 13 year old me was so Hardcore??? haha. No wonder I lost to Alexia so many times at the end. Because I am a fool!

I accidentally beat Alexia super quickly the first time I played. I basically just tucked away all my flame bolts because I knew that was going to be a big baddy at some point and so by the end of the game I had collected all the bolts throughout the game and, using those, I beat Alexia in probably a minute or two tops. I was kinda dumbfounded.

1995umk3

I take back what I said.. this game is not that hard. It's one of those sayings "if ur new to a game offcourse you won't be good at it, but after a while you will adapt"

I'm already close to fighting the tyrant at antarctica and I think im close to using chris.

I didn't have to start a new file... I didn't even get the grenade launcher, when tyrant was blocking the way to the submarine I used the knife on the knee and it worked. The plane tyrant I just used 30 red arrow bow bolts.

I thought for shure I was going to have to on the plane one because everyone seems to have trouble there the first time and I did too after more then 15+ years not playing RE:CV-X.

D

Deleted member 21244

@1995umk3 Yeah the knife is boss in this game. I don't know if it's longer or more powerful but I've always had an easier time knifing enemies in CVX than any other RE game.
It's deal more damage than any other re game in history, i usually use knife on almost every re game and none of them kill a zombie whit 3 hit

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Wow - I feel like I learn something new about the RE games every day. I usually only use the knife if the beginning part of the game - especially on the graveyard zombies. I guess I had trained myself to think that the knife is useless since RE2 and RE3 didn't really have any need for knives.

Still, the only game worth using the knife in is RE4. That was the best utilization of the knife. Can't break. Doesn't take up inventory. Easy to use and if you knock out a Ganados legs, you can basically knife them to death.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Wow - I feel like I learn something new about the RE games every day. I usually only use the knife if the beginning part of the game - especially on the graveyard zombies. I guess I had trained myself to think that the knife is useless since RE2 and RE3 didn't really have any need for knives.

Still, the only game worth using the knife in is RE4. That was the best utilization of the knife. Can't break. Doesn't take up inventory. Easy to use and if you knock out a Ganados legs, you can basically knife them to death.

That may be the case but knife is trash in most games including RE4. CVX had a boss knife and also REmake2 with the frame rate scaling.

1995umk3

I didn't get to pick up the grenade launcher with claire when I wen't to antarctica. At this point I should be close to the end??

This game being hard lol I can't believe I got this far without it. The tyrant or something under the save room scared me too btw.. usually save rooms have NOTHING like that and are quiet with nice relaxin music.

When I walked around where he was below... "MMMMMMMMMMM"

Great game... you should all beat RE:CV if you are real R.E fans.. it's so great to the series from capcom.

+1

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@1995umk3 Yeah their dad being locked up in that room messed with me too. And that rat that was making all that noise in that locker that you have to push to access the room? Yeah I didn't like that at all.

I don't think you should be too screwed without the grenade launcher. If it makes you feel any better I didn't take the fire extinguisher with me my first playthrough and wasn't able to get the magnum.

Still somehow beat it by the skin of my teeth.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Nosferatu is one of my favorite enemy designs in the whole game. The fact that he still has some human visage and then additionally has creepy mutation extensions reminiscent of insects is great. And the fact that there are multiple endings to the battle is cool too, but I always end up poisoned no matter how hard I try to avoid him. Tough, but great battle.

1995umk3

I just got back to antarctica with Chris.. using him was just as hard as Claire for me. I got destroyed countless times and probably more again later on in this game.

The music at this point got a little stale, will the music get better towards the end?? The electric thing in the water had a okay one.

It was great for shure in the beginning with Claire and was really original.

1995umk3

I just finished RE:CV-X right now.. just barely though. After somany years of the game haunting me, I feel really accomplished beyond belief as this is one of the beyond tough R.E games in the series and I never wen't back to it untill I found this site somany years later.

8/10 For RE:CV-X

Chris wasn't as interesting as Claire, but the Alexia fight in the mansion 1st floor was epic and it made up for his part. Glad I kept dying so I can hear the music when Wesker was telling Alexia he wanted the sample.

It took me 20 years to beat this game.. i tried it out for the first time in 8th grade in 2000. I didn't have to restart game once, but i died alot tbh.

Alexia: "You Are Not Worthy Of It's Power... Hahaha haaaaa"

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Glad you finished it! It really is one of the top Chronicles of the series. The locations are so vivid and while the characters are somewhat over the top (Steve, Alfred, Alexia, Wesker doing Matrix dodges against Alexia), but they are also very memorable. This game also has the top boss battles since they're frequent enough to keep the story satisfied, but also varied enough that you have to see and do different tactics for each one. The modern REmake games have 3-4 boss fights and are usually the same bosses OVER and OVER.

I would also say that in terms of difficulty, this is among my top contenders along with REmake 1 and REmake 2.

1995umk3

Claire had the best gameplay though. I think the only part I liked when using Chris was fighting Alexia on the mansion because of that theme,

I agree 100% that this game doesn't have much replay value. But I think I will replay this particular game again because I got a "E" grade

Almost got a F?? 14hrs took me to finish.

1995umk3

The game IS beginner friendly.. I was just to scared and got tomany bites. I didn't have to restart once or even use the magnum or use all the strategies posted here, I tried using the knife but that was it as I kept worrying about the game being scary (because It's a new game for me I only played half-way 20 years ago in 8th grade)

Chris felt like you where at the VERY END as soon as you start with him.. it took the mood of the game away from me.

Hard parts of the game for me where: When you have to run away from Steve when he transforms and gets all those scales on him, I died here more then the Tyrant on the plane.

Alexia final fight first and last form.. aiming was hard. What I did was look away from the screen and look down and then shoot. It worked for me instead of actually trying to aim at her flying all over the place.

Hunters... those yellow things and Nosferatu was easy or I was lucky idk.. I knew for shure he was going to be hard when he yelled at me under the save room.

It's a classic game.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That checks out. There are a lot of regularly difficult parts and there are a lot of very difficult parts in the game.

People mostly complain about: The endless waves of attacks by the Gulp Worm when you're Claire and can't kill it, the 100 (maybe like 6) Bandersnatches you have to fight on the way up to the Castle, the Tyrant Plane fight, the room in the Antarctic Complex where you always get egged by the killer moths, Alexia's first form, the Torture Chamber bit, the Monster Steve Chase, and Alexia's Final Form.

Nosferatu can be much harder if you let it get close. I know I have died on that part many times.

The game just waves in and out of difficulty - but maybe that is why it is so memorable.

Top Bottom