• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Opinion on Video Gaming

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
They need to keep quality / content balance equal though

In the past it was
Content > Quality
Now most games seem to be
Quality > Content

So balance is important

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
They need to keep quality / content balance equal though

In the past it was
Content > Quality
Now most games seem to be
Quality > Content

So balance is important
What do you consider Quality? I Mean. Jak II for example (Of the Jak and Daxter Series) had IMMENSE amounts of both, but if you put that up agains CoD, people will shun this game. The quality of that game isn't bad at ALL, but by today's standards it would be because it's two generations back. I think Quality and Content for the MOST part had a pretty equal ration in the Dreamcast/N64/PSone and Gamecube/XBox/PS2 eras. It's only after these that they've started to change.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
As in games that put a lot into graphics but the overall gameplay and or story is shorter than previous games.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
As in games that put a lot into graphics but the overall gameplay and or story is shorter than previous games.
That's what I figured you meant. And I stand by what I said before lol...I think that's really only happened since the PS3/XBox 360 era. I don't lump the Wii in there, because the Wii was far superior to both of those other consoles, seeing as it stayed true to what I love about gaming. True, unabashed, optimistic, colorful fun...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Not to mention the existence of dlc

Or even worse
On disc dlc
Yeah..I hate DLC...I don't see how it adds ANYTHING to the game...If it's DLC then that PROVES that it doesn't NEED to be there.
As far as Disk Locked Content goes, if people are stupid enough to feel the need for DLC, then I'm all FOR companies putting it on the disk and have the same ignorant masses pay for it a second time because they absolutely NEED to pay $5 for the new map pack, and $3.50 for a new gun that has ten more bullets than the last one with a better scope. Morons...
I've purchased DLC all of ONE time in my life, and in all honesty, it truly wasn't worth it.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I don't put the actual story at the top of my priority but the gameplay, and the atmosphere. Day Z has no story at all-but it is the most immersive and atmospheric game I ever played. A good story is good and all, but I also like a game with minimal story and lets you 'make your own story' ,.,..eg, dark souls, State of decay, day z.

After playing on good PC for some months- I actually much prefer to play at 1080p, and at 60 FPS, which if your playing a shooting/action game- then yes , the 60 frames per second and higher textures Definetly help you play, aim and control better, which makes the gameplay better. Graphics and input (controls) have a massive effect on gameplay and enjoyment of the game. playing at 30fps feels laggy and stuttery now and that has a negative effect on the game. Of course depends on the game / genre. Horror game with single player much more important to have a good story. Multiplayer/ co-op game, is more important to have good servers, good map design, amount of players in a lobby, aiming and shooting etc.

Top Bottom