• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Mr. X vs William Birkin

alpharowe3

OK so this has been on my mind for like 8 years... IF RE2 is ever remade, I think CAPCOM should include a fight between Mr. X and an early mutated stage of William Birkin, since MR. X is after Sherry for her G-virus sample and since William is after her for her use as a host for his embryo.

Has anyone considered this or have any positive or negative feedback?

Thanks,
Richard

v iBaxter

i dont think they ever run into each other and i thought mr x was there to kill leon and claire so they dont expose umbrella if they ever escaped.

bruno

Chief Researcher
The Tyrant only kills Leon and Claire because he's programmed to destroy all survivors. I think he's been sent to the RPD chief Irons (he knew too much).

Birkin's fisrt form is weaker than T-103, but all his other forms are stronger.

In his first two forms, Birkin would lose to T-103 R (the mutated version), but win all the others except, possibly, the 5th.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Mr. X was after the G-Virus sample. Thats why he switched to target Ada when she came in posession of it. And when she threw the sample (or faked throwing it) over the edge of the railing, Mr. X dived after it.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I could've sworn he was after Sherry for the G-Virus sample. When the agents were killed by Birkin and the samples lost, they needed another one and Sherry had it. So they dropped X into the fray to retrieve it. Could it be possible that they gave him other objectives, like to kill any survivors for Umbrella's future security?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Ok, the tyrant might have the objective of retrieving the g-virus, but it didn't know Sherry was carrying it. It never goes after Sherry, but it goes after Claire ad Leon.
No one else except her parents knew sherry carried a sample in her pendant, so the tyrant probably was heading towards the underground facility.
5 more T-103s were deployed in the P-12A Incinerator Facility (dead factory) in order to fight a US army special forces unit.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I agree with Bruno there. Although not exactly the most credible source anymore, the Wesker's Report still can be used for referrence, it said that Umbrella dispatched Mr.X to take care of Leon & Claire, I think that is true...but maybe it was also programed to retrieve the G-virus, the one that Umbrella probably though their special forces team failed to retrieve, as HUNK didn't report in and escape until the 30th of that month.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't think he's there for Claire and Jill, but for any survivors, especially Irons.
Also, it was a backup measure in case USF Alpha Team failed to retrieve G.
It's funny how both Mr X and Birkin could travel from the sewers to the labs as quickly as Leon and Claire... I like to think they run their way through instead of taking the cable car, but the lab is in the mountains, far from the sewers, so they both run very fast. :blink:

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Another thing is, in RE2 there was a part where Claire entices Mr. X with the G sample from Sherry's pendant, and uses that to get him off and into the lava or whatever, to defeat Mr. X, and well that might imply that he was after G, I am pretty sure that the other version, where Leon &
Ada encounter him, and Ada supposedley dies, is the canon version(also confirmed by Darkside), which might confirm that Mr. X was just trying to kill everyone.

Perhaps he was Umbrella's trump card, so that if they couldn't have G, no one would...

Creator Of G

I think, since it was used in Darkside, that the instructions "kill all survivors" was planted in his head. Not "Obtain G-Virus samples".

On the note of X fighting good old Willy B... It depends on what you mean by "early forms". If you mean like one or two, one would probably get his @$$ handed to him. The second form would most likely end in stalemate. BUT, if X WAS after the G-Sample, then if they met, X would probably KO Birkin (NOT KILL) and cart him off somewhere. Oh, and he'd hope Willy B. wouldn't wake up, too. :p

loathsbane

it depends on which form you're talking about here. if mr. x was in his final form then william would get raped in any form... except maybe his giant train consuming form. william is easy in every form.

loathsbane

well birkin relies on a pipe in his more human form, until he gets his claws. to be honest you'd have to have capcom play the scenario out. mr. x is engineered to be a beast, and birkin is super powered by a virus. they both have a knack for not dying, so it's all subject to opinion.

mugician

Elochai;63848 said:
I could've sworn he was after Sherry for the G-Virus sample. When the agents were killed by Birkin and the samples lost, they needed another one and Sherry had it. So they dropped X into the fray to retrieve it. Could it be possible that they gave him other objectives, like to kill any survivors for Umbrella's future security?

yeah, this is right. the whole smelting pot scene pretty much confirms it as tracking down the G-virus sample. i imagine it's secondary opjectives could have quite credibly included eliminating any survivors to prevent viral leaks/keeping umbrella's dirty secrets.

galactus

I have often wondered about this as well I am sure that these 2 would have crossed paths at least once since they both follow and attack the same people (Leon and Claire etc)

anyway personally I think mr x (I call him Tyrant) would beat william no matter which form he is in Im sure it would be a great fight though:)

I was hoping to see this in darkside chronicles but they missed it out again another great opportunity lost damn:(

Top Bottom