• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most Underrated RE Game?

PhobosDiablo

I would say RE:Zero... I really enjoyed the prequel to the Remake, it featured the same awesome graphics and the companion mechanics were also kind of nice. Also, dropping and picking up items everywhere you wanted to was also a nice and strategic concept. Guess a lot of people missed out on that part since it was GC-exclusive and never ported to other consoles (apart from the Wii-Version).

Code V and 3 underrated? No way, that is certainly new to me. Maybe I have not been to the right places, but i've always encountered the folks that LOVE those games, including myself. I heard some also say that it should have been part 4. I agree, Code V should have been RE4 while RE4 becomes 5 and so on.

For me, I think the most underrated RE game is RE6. Seriously, like everybody hates that game. :(

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Like some other people here, I'll go with Operation Raccoon City.
Yeah, I know. It's short. It has bugs. The AI can be... difficult at times, to say the least. There's not much of the old RE feeling left, even though the game is set in Raccoon City. The main cast consists of six Umbrella mooks that we'll never see again. Some parts of the original storyline have been twisted.
... But so what? It was clear right from the beginning that this wasn't going to be a canon classic survival horror title, so I don't understand what all the fuss about the shooter elements and the plot inconsistencies is about. If you take it for what it is, it can be quite enjoyable, and I'm saying this as a person who is usually not very interested in shooters.
Players who don't hate the game as much as others do, tend to say that the multiplayer is okay, but playing it on your own is nearly impossible. I can't agree on that. I've never played online so far, neither in campaign mode nor in the specific multiplayer modes, always on my own, yet I had much fun experimenting with the various characters, testing their abilities in the field, putting together different teams for different occasions, and killing monsters without having to think about it. Sometimes, especially after a long and exhausting day, this is all you need.
ORC is by far not among the best games I've ever played, and I'm glad I didn't pay the full price for it. But I still like it, even more than the canon titles RE4 and Code Veronica, and I think there are much worse games out there.

Fenris

Wolf :)
I think the Outbreak games were really underrated. The Outbreak games were all about survival and that is what I miss in the new Resident Evil games. I really enjoyed playing them and they are a good challange for every Resident Evil fan. The only problem is how many people put these games into the same category as Gun Survivor and other bad games and therefore they are considered as "bad and boring" by some fans.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I will go with Resident Evil: Dead Aim aka Gun Survivor 4. It actually had pretty good gameplay mechanics and the story was decent as well but people somehow tend to simply ignore it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
For me it's RE: Dead Aim. Hell, I actually like Dead Aim better than about half of the main games. There was just something really likable about Bruce McGivern, the Matthew McConaughey wannabe. And having it take place on a ship was ESPECIALLY scary to me, due to my fear of water. On top of that, it did a really good job with the transition from 3rd to 1st person. That 1st person was later improved upon in the Chronicles Series. The only bad thing about it was it was so short, but really, seeing as it was a side game, even THAT isn't too much of a bother.

U.S.S. Zulu Platoon

Definitely it would have to be RE:ORC as the game overall did a great job of retelling Resident Evil 2, without simply being a remake, and also having Delta Platoon take out Leon at the end, made the game truly memorable.

black 93

Lots of people I know don't like code Veronica because they say it's too hard and isn't canon because it isn't numbered. Which to me is ridiculous, personally RE1 and zero are a lot harder than code Veronica, in zero you have to look after two characters at the same time and ammo is even more scarce than ever, particularly in hard mode. So yea code Veronica in my opinion

Turo602

The King of Kings
For me, it's a tie between Resident Evil 0 and RE5. Resident Evil 0 offered a twist that many people were asking for from this "tired" series. It was an excellent entry in the series and by far more survival horror than the oh so popular RE4. Then there's Resident Evil 5, a departure from the series with even more new ideas. I get it, it's too different, hate it for that, but many people falsely claim terrible game with this one. Aside from the co-op A.I., which I never really had a problem with, there's nothing wrong with RE5. It's crafted really well and is a solid experience from beginning to end. The game is great, it's just not a good survival horror game.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
For me, it's a tie between Resident Evil 0 and RE5. Resident Evil 0 offered a twist that many people were asking for from this "tired" series. It was an excellent entry in the series and by far more survival horror than the oh so popular RE4. Then there's Resident Evil 5, a departure from the series with even more new ideas. I get it, it's too different, hate it for that, but many people falsely claim terrible game with this one. Aside from the co-op A.I., which I never really had a problem with, there's nothing wrong with RE5. It's crafted really well and is a solid experience from beginning to end. The game is great, it's just not a good survival horror game.
No to mention, it gives true closure to the story started in the original Resident Evil. While Gameplay wise, it wasn't amazing, It's one of my all time favorite for the story value...

Samuel Bowden

Zombie Killer
i have to say ORC had great potential, but there was just to many things that dissapointed me
for instance
multiplayer limitid to online, cause i like split screen and system link since it allows me to be in the same room as my fellow gamers
and also that 99 percent of the enemies in the game where soldiers
resident evil is about killing stuff thats allready dead, and not living things (from weskerondope)

that was the point of having soldiers as enemies in ORC. sure it never happened in series; but it was just for fun. the point was to keep the soldiers from getting to to Leon, Chlaire, and Sherry so stop underating it when you said it was yourself.

weskerondope

good point
a while ago i said i thought revelations was underrated
and i guess it was in a way, but since the console and pc ports i think it has gone overrated
yeah maybe zero is rather underrated afterall, specially the n64 version, which nobody even seem to wanna play
even though it looks sexier than the gamecube version,

JillsPimp

The Armorer
RE: Survivor, and RE Dead Aim.

Survivor was a good game that I think most people didnt like cause at the time First Person Shooters werent an 'In Thing'. But the game was amazing with multiple paths to take, etc etc. It was good

Dead Aim was one I never seen around here, as I got it off the internet at the time, it was a great game but super short as I beat it the same day I got it in 2hours 38 minutes.

I feel they were just games that came out at the wrong time, and not to many people got the chance to play them.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
As much as I love having my own opinion and you shouldn't criticise others opinions, but survivor and dead aim were utter bags of ****. They shouldn't have existed.

JillsPimp

The Armorer
I liked them and a few others I know liked them too, but for me Survivor, sadly enough ties into the main series where Dead Aim, it was a nice concept and a fun game, but it had nothing to contribute to the series.

weskerondope

survivor has the potential to be a great game
but the lack of being able to save ruins it for me
these days i play it on emulator so i can save state, then it is allright
i just love the ps1 graphics, after resident evil 3 and survivor the charming looks of the series died out completely

black 93

i totally agree that RE5 was underated. It is a very well crafted glitch free good looking game with huge replay value plus has a few bonus scenarios to lengthen it out. I think if it was part of any other series apart from RE it probably would have been regarded as great, same with RE6. Swear we RE fans are the hardest fans of any series to please :)

Top Bottom