• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Most hated Weapon!!

StoicFC

I HATE the mine thrower. Enemies run at you, so it's like having a suicide bomber attack you in this game!
It's ruined so many of my missions!
How about you guys?!

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
It a tough descision for me. I liked every single weapon in the game. But if had to choose 1 weapon I think I would choose the Bolt Action Rifile. It was more powerful than the Automatic Rifle. The problem with the weapon was that when you got the automatic rifle you didn't need the Bolt Action Rifle anymore. The automatic rifle shot faster, wasen't bolt action, faster reloading, and faster shooting.

Every other weapon was still good enough to pick up even when you had a better version.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
StoicFC;62714 said:
I HATE the mine thrower. Enemies run at you, so it's like having a suicide bomber attack you in this game!
:p
Don't use it when they are running towards you.

I don't hate any weapon, but I think the Riot Gun is a bit pointless. It looks cool and has better handling but is just a waste of money. It is expensive to upgrade and it does not beat the old Shotgun. I don't like to pay more without getting more.

chrisheva

Chosen Keyblade Wielder
probably the bolt action rifle, because it isn't automatic...

(i dont like having to go out of the scope sight after every single shot)

StoicFC

Romero;62890 said:

:p
Don't use it when they are running towards you.

I don't hate any weapon, but I think the Riot Gun is a bit pointless. It looks cool and has better handling but is just a waste of money. It is expensive to upgrade and it does not beat the old Shotgun. I don't like to pay more without getting more.

Good point, Striker is the best!

chrisheva;63339 said:

Yup, that gun sucks. I much prefer the other semi-auto.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
i diddn't like the PRL , it just didn't kill quick enough for me, still cool though. ada's shotgun was pretty weak though too

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
chrisheva;63339 said:

StoicFC;63409 said:
Yup, that gun sucks. I much prefer the other semi-auto.
IMO the bolt action is great! It's not good enough when you need to fire rapidly, but it's a fantastic gun. It's beautiful, it takes little space and it takes a long time before the semi-auto outpowers the bolt action.

Dos

For me it would be a contest between the bolt action rifle, the striker, the riot gun or the mine thrower.

The bolt action has power, and is much more powerful than the semi auto rifle when it has the exclusive upgrade...but it is just too slow and cumbersome...it isn't great for quick sniping...the semi-auto rifle is.

The striker just has no stopping power. Granted, it can be handy against enemies with a shield, but it's lack of power outweighs that I think.

The mine thrower is an interesting weapon (especially if you have upgraded it to exclusive and it shoots homing mines) and you can have fun with it, but it isn't exactly practical. There's so little ammo for it, and it's hopeless if the shot enemy gets close to you before the mine detonates...

Riot gun in my opinion is a waste. Expensive to upgrade, not noticably better than the shotgun (apart from better aiming and less recoil), and both of them are totally inferior to the Striker, if you're prepared to hold on to the shotgun for that long (Ch. 4-1, just before Verdugo).

And while I remember, the Matilda...never understood what was special about this gun either. Wastes ammo ridiculously being the main reason. And takes up a fair amount of space.

Dos

Ahhh I'm tired. In the previous post, I meant punisher when I was talking about the striker. The PUNISHER just has no stopping power...I LOVE the Striker!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;63788 said:
Ahhh I'm tired. In the previous post, I meant punisher when I was talking about the striker. The PUNISHER just has no stopping power...I LOVE the Striker!
Aha lol, I was about to ask what the F you meant. :p

OurBoyJake

I didnt really like the Broken Butterfly and The Killer 7 Because I never had a use for it and the ammo is so limited

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
The TMP is weak if you look at each bullet, but it is a quantity weapon and therein lies its strength.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Of course, you need to choose the right weapon in the right situation! The Matilda is great in my opinion, better then the handgun :I Punisher was great as well. The minethrower is very handy fighting against chainsawdudes. The normal rifle was awfull in my opinion, but the semi-auto version is powerfull enough. Of course, if every weapon was that strong and such, it would be very boring. You won't discover where the guns was handy and where not. And which one was better in a situation then the other. Am I not right :3?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Yes Jaguar you are right, but what is right for one player might not fit all playing styles.

Any handgun has advantages over the Handgun lol.

The Mine Thrower is fun more than anything else. It's somewhat unpredictable and it takes too much inventory space. I don't need it to take out Dr. Salvador, a magnum does the job nicely. I have not met the Super Salvador so I can't talk about him.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Romero;74616 said:
Yes Jaguar you are right, but what is right for one player might not fit all playing styles.

Any handgun has advantages over the Handgun lol.

The Mine Thrower is fun more than anything else. It's somewhat unpredictable and it takes too much inventory space. I don't need it to take out Dr. Salvador, a magnum does the job nicely. I have not met the Super Salvador so I can't talk about him.

My problem is that I never tried the Magnum out. When I first saw it at the Merchant, I was like: ''I'm living a money crisis and there's no place anymore, let's not take it.'' I did saw the job from the magnum at Youtube, but still :I Of course, everybody's style is different. You use the Magnum for example. I use the Mine Thrower. But I think that the ammo from the mine thrower is scarse and such because for one good reason: the weapon itself is quite powerful. And since you can get the mine thrower at the first time you play the game, it would be easy as hell to finish the game off at the first time. The game suppose to be scary and difficult when you play it at the first time :)

Top Bottom