• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Most hated Weapon!!

benfen

Leon fan
Yeah, thats a good point.

Maybe in later games they should really focus less on graphics and looks and bring in more of the environment. Like at the end of RE4, you could use the cranes to help you... there was very little of that in RE4, so i think making more hazzards would mix up the game play a little.

Infact, here is an idea.

there should be 3 player modes ( you listening cap com ) * taps screen * ( yea, you guys with the big glasses and zero social lives )

player mode 1 * ( Rookie ) Should be whatever cap com imagined, basically, so if they wanted to go for a more free roaming kinda game more action like they did in RE4 then fine. Rookie, wont actually be easy, it'll be on a medium level, and when complete, you unlock a star. this star means that when you replay the game, you then play it with your old guns if you like... there are 5 stars, so even though you may have your old gun maxed out... 2nd star will be adjusted in a way to take away any serious advantage you had, by toughening up the bad guys, increasing the environmental threats and presenting new puzzles. Maybe even new bosses, i.e, take away tatty head with the chainsaw and bring in a new character.. It means that with every star you unlock, with each fresh run, the game gets harder ( but more interesting )

player mode 2 ( been there done that ) being the same story line etc, the only thing that changes, is that it goes right back to the old school survival horror... unlike mode1 which will be full of fashin statements, and muscles in places you never knew you had such things, mode 2, will take you straight back to the days of survival horror. none of this baby sitting, like we had to do in RE 4 & 5 with ash and sheva the two most pointless assholes in RE history. no no, this is old school. less ammo, more fright and loads of shakes. basically the RE we old timers loved. You don't complete this mode.... you survive it. the difficulty level will be harder than mode 1, but it'll have its own unlockables etc, again to keep it fresh.

then there is,

player mode 3 ( Apocalypse mode ) It's where modes 1 & 2 join forces ( because they have to ) because what lays infront of them in mode 3, is Cap coms reward to us, ( which is a reward longggg over due ) for keeping faith with the RE brand.

Apocalypse mode has allllllll of the old enemies from RE christmas past.. You will be up against alllll of the old faves, and new. lickers, nemesis, you name it, they are all in it in Apocalypse mode. This is all out carnage, with plenty of thrills, Ammo, bad-guys and environmental interaction to utilize and rise everything out of the meaning of the word (FUN)
the story line would be the same as mode 1 & 2 but the characters of these modes would interact with the new/old enemies from previous games. At a cut scene, you where you expect some chimp from before, and out steps tyrant. In this new mode, in order to keep it fresh, the difficulty level more or less stays the same, but your interest is kept alive by ( unlockable doors ) You see, having collecting seemingly useless keys whilst playing all the star levels on the previous two modes, it then gives you access to locked doors.

When entering said doors, you enter a rather old school ( bonus level ) where your character is thrown back into one of the old Scenes, say, * gun shop * from RE2. you fight a round of baddies, or you simply re-live that scenario... upon completion , you are rewarded with a Gun part and a new unlockble character, say, Wesker, Lius Sera, and maybe old classic guns we used to enjoy.

When you complete Apocalypse mode ( which will take you a while ) your full range of unlockables will be available on all modes in all stars.

Dunno about you guys, but this sounds like fun, and i'd love to see Sera, spin the gun one more time. Or have a very special guest, the merchant pack some heat and kick some Las plagas ass.

None of this, time limit nonsense, just good old fashioned FUN, for everyone.

What do you think ?
Me likie.

Good luck getting it through.

Also, HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS imagine Luis playable 0_0

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Of all ordinary weapons, meaning not including overkill weapons like the rocket/infinite launcher and Chicago typewriter, I'd have to say the TMP is definitely my least favorite. I don't HATE it. I never cared for it, though. The handgun, shotgun and rifle is enough to get through the game just fine. Also, I can't comment on the mine thrower, since I have never once used it. I just feel it was probably an unnecessary weapon to put in the game.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Of all ordinary weapons, meaning not including overkill weapons like the rocket/infinite launcher and Chicago typewriter, I'd have to say the TMP is definitely my least favorite. I don't HATE it. I never cared for it, though. The handgun, shotgun and rifle is enough to get through the game just fine. Also, I can't comment on the mine thrower, since I have never once used it. I just feel it was probably an unnecessary weapon to put in the game.
I never understood or used the mine thrower either...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I didnt like the punisher it was so friggin weak and it took me forever to upgrade it

hooky10

the HANDCANNON!!!!based purely on how hard it was getting the damn thing,although i had way too much unreasonable expections about it.bar it doing my laundry,cooking and tax returns i think it was always going 2be letdown for me.but i do have a confession,it is in my suitcase(exclusive,of course.lol):)

NintenStar

Also, HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS imagine Luis playable 0_0

That's the one thing I wished this game had. He was a mysterious character who barely shows himself.

I really don't like the Bolt-Action Rifle. The Semi Auto Rifle has a much quicker firing and reloading speed. I only used the Bolt-Action to take down enemies at the Canyon. Then I sold it back to the Merchant since it used up a ton of space that I would probably need for something useful. Once the Semi-Auto Rifle was available, I just decided to buy that one. The TMP is one of my favorites. Sure it had weak firepower, but it shoots several bullets at once. And that could be really useful during certain boss fights/ fights with a ton of enemies.

Top Bottom