• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Most Favorite RE4 Gun

• Thread starter Deleted member 1428
  • Start date

Flipqy42

Nevermore
My favorite gun in any RE game: The almighty shotgun. All three versions, although I upgrade and use the Riot Gun more than the other two.

The Semi auto rifle and the Chicago typewriter are fun runner ups.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
@Maddy7

YEAH WELL, I can go into detail with my weapon loadout too. I love RE4 too much.

I use the Red9 for all my handgun needs because of its firepower and stability. Takes up more space, but enemies drop very quickly. That stock can make headshots a matter of skill, not luck.
For a first playthrough, I use the Pump-Action Shotgun until the Striker is available, because it's the smallest shotgun in the menu and holds up to 100 shells, conserving space. Repeat playthroughs I use the Riot Gun because it's amazing.
While I experimented a bit with the Bolt Action Rifle in my GameCube days, I tend to largely ignore it. Once that Semi-Auto is available, I use that one because its Exclusive upgrade is insanely helpful.
I use the T.M.P. for certain situations like the Mendez bossfight or Ashley's Class 3 Motor License Adventure through the tunnel.
And while it may give some people a heartattack, I don't use the Broken Butterfly. I sell it for easy money, even on a first playthrough. It's more money to upgrade my other weapons with to make them better.

TL;DR - I've played RE4 too much to be healthy.

there's no love for the minethrower? :(
I've killed myself too much with that P.O.S., plus its ammo drops are very rare, even more so than Magnum ammo.

HookerZombie

I like Ada's crossbow with the explosive arrows and the mine launcher (I think that's what it is called correct me if I'm wrong it's been years since I played the game). The Mine Launcher is fun for doing groin shots.

I also like the P.R.L. cannon even though it makes the game too easy. The laser effects just look too cool.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I really enjoy using the Killer 7 in the main campaign. And using the Hydra in The Mercenaries.

It's so satisfying destroying enemies with a magnum. And the Broken Butterly is too slow for my tastes.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
there's no love for the minethrower? :(
Nah, I love mine thrower; it was really useful in castle. It feels improved from RE3's version as well even though I like RE3 more than RE4. It isn't that much useful in island though so I sell the scope when I reach there but keep the gun for Saddler boss fight.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Favorite hands down is the bolt action rifle. Second is the handgun you start with. (This is my standard loadout.)

For certain parts I use the riot gun. It's got great handling and it's a shotgun (lol) so yes very nice. I just prefer rifles.

I really don't use anything else.

Top Bottom