• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

More remakes to follow RE2?

black 93

Since capcom are on the big remaster/remake train and are doing what we thought they would never do with remaking RE2, do you think they'll give the other classics the same treatment? Id personally love a Code Veronica remake, Alfreds mansion, the artic base, Nosferatu, the torture area of the prison, the tyrant plane fight all done with the same love as RE1 would be amazing. Obviously they can't do veronica without doing 3 first but iv always prefered Veronica to 3 so id be more hyped for that. Personally i think it's possible, we all thought capcom wouldnt remake 2 or even port over the RE1 remake and they've done both. RE1 remaster exceeded their expectations and RE2 is gunna blow up like crazy and i think it's gunna make capcom the most money they've made off resident evil since RE5. And if that happens im very confident we'll get 3 and Veronica or at the very least 3. Which one would you be more hyped for?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don't know if they would make another full-on remake right after 2's. But, I'd be excited for both. They could get away with just doing a CV remake instead of 3, since it's the "true" RE3 according to Capcom and plus it actually advances the story. It would make sense for the 2 or even a CV remake to have a Nemesis side/DLC scenario instead of a whole remake of it.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
God, I hope they don't skip RE3! It's my absolutely favorite, besides the RE3 plot played an important role in RE5 (remember, Jill's infection helped to create the uroboros virus!) so I wouldn't say it's lesser important than CV, though I wouldn't surprised if they skipped RE3 since Capcom seems to have a disdain for Jill's character (as do most fans unfortunately).

But imagine Nemesis remade with new technology :3 They could turn him into a real unstoppable threat .You know, they could take a few inspirations from Alien: Isolation for example. That game scared the living sh*t out of me.

Then again I must admit I don't care that much for the RE series anymore. Sad but true :/

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I would love them to remake both. Though I think RE3 would benefit more from a remake, but I don't think the time for that is now. I think we need to see RE3 remade in another generation with advanced AI to really take advantage of Nemesis.

Also there was a thread recently that asked if anyone wanted to see an open world Resident Evil game. Of course I said no because that would be a waste of a game given with how focused the plot of the games are these days. A remake for RE3 Nemesis on the other hand SHOULD be open world. It would make so much sense for that game to be more open world. Escaping Raccoon city with that big guy chasing you and could appear unpredictably anywhere. Just waiting to get the jump on you! :) Plus all the other enemies, crazy things happening with spreading fires and so on. The potential for RE3 remake going open world is huge!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
God, I hope they don't skip RE3! It's my absolutely favorite, besides the RE3 plot played an important role in RE5 (remember, Jill's infection helped to create the uroboros virus!) so I wouldn't say it's lesser important than CV, though I wouldn't surprised if they skipped RE3 since Capcom seems to have a disdain for Jill's character (as do most fans unfortunately).

But imagine Nemesis remade with new technology :3 They could turn him into a real unstoppable threat .You know, they could take a few inspirations from Alien: Isolation for example. That game scared the living sh*t out of me.

Then again I must admit I don't care that much for the RE series anymore. Sad but true :/

Yes, Jill's infection is important, but it would work out fine if it was kind of like Separate Ways. 3 did have an important story of course, but like I said, it would make sense too if it was a side story. A lot of people say its like an add-on to 2 anyway and that they should put them together. I think it would turn out fine either way, though.

black 93

Yes, Jill's infection is important, but it would work out fine if it was kind of like Separate Ways. 3 did have an important story of course, but like I said, it would make sense too if it was a side story. A lot of people say its like an add-on to 2 anyway and that they should put them together. I think it would turn out fine either way, though.

Personally i think they'd skip code veronica if any. 3 is probably the most important game in the series in terms of story since it was the destruction of raccoon city. Events in 3 are still being brought up to this day, whereas Veronica was more of a side story. I know the t veronica virus made a comeback in darkside chronicles, but the Ashfords were never explored any more and overall Veronica didn't have that much of an inpact on the oversll storyline. If the events of 3 never happened, we wouldn't have the BSAA. So even though id prefer a Veronica remake, they just cant leave out 3.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Personally i think they'd skip code veronica if any. 3 is probably the most important game in the series in terms of story since it was the destruction of raccoon city. Events in 3 are still being brought up to this day, whereas Veronica was more of a side story. I know the t veronica virus made a comeback in darkside chronicles, but the Ashfords were never explored any more and overall Veronica didn't have that much of an inpact on the oversll storyline. If the events of 3 never happened, we wouldn't have the BSAA. So even though id prefer a Veronica remake, they just cant leave out 3.

Both are important but CVX is very important because it developed Chris, Claire, and Albert Wesker. Also we see Wesker kick Chris's ass.... just another day in the RE universe of course :p

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I agree with this one, but it don't think Capcom is that smart though. They would benefit from it.
After they said they will release a RE2 Remake, people complained about remaking RE3 too, so putting them together would be the better choice imo

The last time I remember RE3 played an important role was in RE5, but after that never again :(

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I still think/hope they should include re3 in re2.
After doing the base gsmes (re0-3) they should probably just stop with the remaking and actually continue the series!

Reactions: Jen

black 93

How awesome would it be if capcom never revealed they were adding it and the first time we booted up the RE2 remake and went to the campaign screen we saw:
LEON
CLAIRE
JILL

i think id die in my chair lol
Probably ain't gunna happen but how cool would that be?

Last edited:

IntoxNitram

After 2 I would love to see 3 and then just a remaster of 4, as I would like to at least be able to play the first 5 main entry games (0,1,2,3 and 4) on one console - PS4. I'm not too sure if I would want anything else Resident Evil remade/remastered after that point. But I would LOVE Dino Crisis to get the same treatment for the first two games.

black 93

I wouldn't mind a remaster of 5. Because to me nothing this gen has come close in terms of fun as mercenaries online.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I really can't wait for Resident Evil 2 remake, I'd really love to see complete Raccoon City remade, to explore it and all that, after RE2 I also wish to see RE3 remake, I saw Rod Lima -fan proj- or Resident Evil 3 Nemesis and I quite Liked it, New 3d models with old character animations, Too much nostalgia

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I might be the only one here who would want another RE4, but I'm curious and would love to see RE4 in the graphics and physics engine of RE5.

BadWolf

All About Video Game Challenges
I still hope for Resident Evil 2 to have RE3 as a DLC or simply an expansion, like back in the day. If that happens to be the case then I would vote for CV as the next step, but I really doubt they would putt 2 and 3 together, for the money sake, so I would go with 3 and then CV. Nemesis is my favorite.

Top Bottom