• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Mikhail: Does he deserve more credit?

Zacmac90

I thought he was one of the more honorable characters despite only having a few scenes, sure Jill may have killed Nemesis but that was when Nemesis had already been heavily weakened...Mikhail managed to knock him out of a speeding train with a grenade when he was at full strength...so if Mikhail hadn't sacrificed himself, would Jill and Carlos have made it as far as they did? Also, does Mikhail deserve more credit for his sacrifice?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh definatley...even more so considering the movie did absolutley nothing heroic with his character...

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I agree, Mikhail went down fighting. Self-sacrifice is the best and most honorable way to go. His grenade definitely hurt and stalled Nemmy long enough for Jill and Carlos to go far enough to have a better fighting chance.

Kenny, Mikhail wasn't in the movies. You're thinking of Nicholai. They turned him into a good guy and he went the way of Mikhail, self-sacrifice to save Jill. I'd call that pretty heroic!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Kenny, Mikhail wasn't in the movies. You're thinking of Nicholai. They turned him into a good guy and he went the way of Mikhail, self-sacrifice to save Jill. I'd call that pretty heroic!

I think this is one of the ways that Mikhail got majorly jilted. They completely took him out of the movie and made Nicholai a good guy! I mean really? You decided to take out a good guy only to insert a bad guy and MAKE him a good guy? How convoluted is that?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I think this is one of the ways that Mikhail got majorly jilted. They completely took him out of the movie and made Nicholai a good guy! I mean really? You decided to take out a good guy only to insert a bad guy and MAKE him a good guy? How convoluted is that?

They had a guy that was basically Mikhail, but different name, I don't remember what it was...Urich?

Yeah, and although I liked the guy that played Nicholai, "Stay"(to the recently killed Cerberus), making him a good guy.....WTF Anderson. I mean then we have the french guy as the main villian. Until he gets dropped out of the chopper.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No...i thought his character in the movie was the guy named Yuri...i mean the name was different, but i thought it was more or less supposed to be him...

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Mikhail he was a good solider. Even when he was wounded badly he got out of the train and took down a group of zombies.

BadWolf

All About Video Game Challenges
Mikhail is a living legend, I even saluted him lol... Taking all those zombies infront of the train, even the way he speaks about his comrades and ofc. the kicking Nemesis out.

HookerZombie

Mikhail is also a very badass character in The Mercenaries: Operation Mad Jackal. Carlos and Nicholai are so weak and hard to use compared to him.

Top Bottom