• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Latest purchases thread

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Here's all the stuff I just bought/got in the mail the past couple of days:

0FdftpV.jpg

My Monster Hunter Rise pre-order came 4 days late because my local GameStop backordered and didn't get them in until an hour ago as of this writing.

Also ordered Resident Evil: Vendetta in 4K at a cheap $12.86 off Amazon, which was too good to pass up and pre-ordered Mass Effect: Legendary Edition for PS4 while picking up Monster Hunter.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Since my PS4 is currently broken I recently purchased Revelations 2 for the PS3. I'm gonna sit down and enjoy myself over the course of the Easter weekend.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Here's my latest shopping haul:

SFdUq93.jpg

M0yerzV.jpg

I went on quite the spending spree with my tax return/stimulus dollars, and still well underspent considering what I earned.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Couple new additions to my ever-growing graphic novel collection, and I just got back with my copy of NieR Replicant for PS4:

WDUBgGr.jpg

I just started reading Unchained the other day and it's great. At some point, I plan on finishing the current G Willow Wilson Wonder Woman run and get around to Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman Rebirth run, which I've heard nothing but good things about.

Also got a new bookshelf for my bedroom:

CKZ988S.jpg

The Sonic statue came with my collector's copy of Sonic Mania for Switch in case you were wondering.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Been seeing these games hover around 30-40 dollars for the longest and found them both for 30 each plus some heavy discounts. Would have waited longer on The Last of Us 2 but I just haven't seen it go any lower nor do I want to wait until Playstation ruins it with a Greatest Hits box. Don't understand why they still do that. My Scott Pilgrim also arrived yesterday.
hKQwg8q.jpg
BM5yUWX.jpg

And this has been on my Amazon wishlist for a while and was low enough for me to finally bite.
mktk251.jpg

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Did anyone else have the Scholastic book fair in elementary school when they were kids? If so, did you know it was still going!? We were too poor growing up to every buy anything from it, but since it's starting at my daughters school tomorrow I figure I'll take her and that's gonna be my purchase lol. Something book related from the book fair just so she has that memory. I'm sure she'll choose something Minecraft related.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Did anyone else have the Scholastic book fair in elementary school when they were kids? If so, did you know it was still going!? We were too poor growing up to every buy anything from it, but since it's starting at my daughters school tomorrow I figure I'll take her and that's gonna be my purchase lol. Something book related from the book fair just so she has that memory. I'm sure she'll choose something Minecraft related.
Same! I recently talked about this with my family and how we never had money to buy books. I always enjoyed going and seeing everything they had even if I wasn't walking out with anything. Good on you though for taking your daughter and making sure she can enjoy the things you couldn't growing up.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Same! I recently talked about this with my family and how we never had money to buy books. I always enjoyed going and seeing everything they had even if I wasn't walking out with anything. Good on you though for taking your daughter and making sure she can enjoy the things you couldn't growing up.
Thanks man! I just can't believe in the digital age this is still a thing. I'm pretty excited lol

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
In the UK we had something similar - wasn't run by scholastic, but either Usborne or The Book People. Loved those things...

We used to have the Puffin Book Club when I was a kid - I grew up poor and lived in a very deprived neighborhood, so joining the Puffin Book Club was a way of getting books for cheap. Once every so often you'd get a little magazine to take home from school and order books out of it.

My dad is big on reading (despite being blind) and books were pushed over anything else in our house. Sadly my kids haven't developed the same love for the written word; just can't compete with computer games, I guess.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Last purchase for me was technically groceries and before that was pizza. As for the fun stuff, the last few things I purchased were Resident Evil 8, a fidget cube and a prop replica of Negan's bat from The Walking Dead for my husband.

SpaceOwlHoot

I vaguely remember the book fairs but I do really remember the bookmobile and the catalogs that we would get in school. I'd convince my parents to order me something but it would rarely be over $15 or so...there were many cool bundles/kits i wanted but they were always out of reach for me being $40 or so :ROFL:

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Stickers, day planner, school jumper for youngest son and the entire Old Testament in individual books - it's a stunning set and now I have the whole bible in individual volumes, which makes it easier to read. Each book is laid out like a novel, with the text on one page and ruled lines on the facing page to make notes. Expensive but so worth it

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I haven't posted in this thread in forever, geez. In the past couple of weeks:
And, for an early birthday gift, my brother threw $75 at me on the condition that I use it to buy Village (Twist my rubber arm).
But since I had to order it myself (and used some gift cards for RE3make), I say this qualifies as a purchase!

When they both arrive, I'll share an up-to-date picture of my RE collection in that thread.

Oblivion Knight

Last thing I bought was a XenForo add-on..

Prior to that, I picked up a UK PS2 copy of Silent Hill: Origins for £47.99 - still pricey, but the cheapest I've seen for a while.

In the UK we had something similar - wasn't run by scholastic, but either Usborne or The Book People. Loved those things...
I'm in the UK and we had Scholastic.. :unsure: Guess there must be a few out there. The Book People recently closed, didn't it?

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I'm in the UK and we had Scholastic.. :unsure: Guess there must be a few out there. The Book People recently closed, didn't it?
Really? Oh cool - I wish they'd been around my area coz it might have been cheaper. Scholastic is definitely in the UK, for sure, but I never went to a book fair run by them...it was always usborne or book people. Book People died last year just at the beginning of the pandemic. I managed to buy a load of school-type books from there before they went under and it took 6 months for them to get them to me - right as homeschooling was about to end for the summer :ROFL:

I don't know if book fairs are a thing of the past now anyway. Haven't been to anything like one in quite a few years now. Does Scholastic get involved with World Book Day?

Current purchase: a rare and complete set of Hero Quest

Top Bottom