• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Jill not mentioned in RE 6.. your thoughts?

masterfortesque

Still, there's a lot more characters to be mentioned if Chris and Leon can quit being in every single game.

Series needs frequent leads to uphold the image in mainstream's eyes.

Excellent reason why I think they should thin down the cast. Batman has a million villains and certain someone keeps hogging the spotlight so I really like what Arkham City did.

I'm starting to feel like I'm in wrong place lol. While I loved seeing Sherry again, I'm just fine with Capcom not keeping us updated on everyone. I like the mysticism around Carlos and others without even speculating what might have happened. It's way too convenient to see the same faces come back and stay alive in a world with No Hope (Terrible slogan for this tame game, sure millions of throwaway civilians die but the heroes we actually care about are unbreakable). If Capcom has no further purpose for certain character they should leave him/her alone.

You're
Remember though, Jill was a very well respected BSAA agent - if I remember rightly she founded the BSAA with eleven other people, including Chris. Without the BSAA the government would be screwed. If members of the BSAA turned in the government they wouldn't stand a chance. The case with Sherry was different - for all intents and purposes, she was just an orphan in the care of the state, i.e the government. Only Leon and Claire would fight for Sherry. I also think that Jill is of more use to the government as a field agent rather than a guinea pig for them to experiment on. They could just get a blood sample from her every now and again and let her carry on, business as usual. I just think that she's one of the leading fighters of bio terrorism, so people would have a little more difficulty with saying nothing if she was taken.
I dunno, I think it'd be pretty easy to find new agents to fight for bioterrorism, the BSAA is important but they probably look at them in the same expendable manner as military soldiers.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I think so too. Remember the scene in RE6 when Chris and Piers are trapped in that building they saved the hostages from? Instead of postponing the scheduled blasting operation, the agents outside just tell them to find another way out, Piers gets upset about this and then Chris says something like: "It's nothing personal, just business." (Or the other way around, I'm not sure.) That shows how expandable Chris is, despite being one of the founding members of the BSAA like Jill. (It's a bit irrational, though, considering that the BSAA spent six months on finding him as if no one could replace him as the captain, and then they just disregard him like that.)

Reactions: 013

I think so too. Remember the scene in RE6 when Chris and Piers are trapped in that building they saved the hostages from? Instead of postponing the scheduled blasting operation, the agents outside just tell them to find another way out, Piers gets upset about this and then Chris says something like: "It's nothing personal, just business." (Or the other way around, I'm not sure.) That shows how expandable Chris is, despite being one of the founding members of the BSAA like Jill. (It's a bit irrational, though, considering that the BSAA spent six months on finding him as if no one could replace him as the captain, and then they just disregard him like that.)
Exactly, that is the perfect example. I found it messed up too. One of the reasons it said Piers left the military for the BSAA is because he was treated better. I guess only a little bit better. :(

MetalGamer2

Survivor
You're
Remember though, Jill was a very well respected BSAA agent - if I remember rightly she founded the BSAA with eleven other people, including Chris. Without the BSAA the government would be screwed. If members of the BSAA turned in the government they wouldn't stand a chance. The case with Sherry was different - for all intents and purposes, she was just an orphan in the care of the state, i.e the government. Only Leon and Claire would fight for Sherry. I also think that Jill is of more use to the government as a field agent rather than a guinea pig for them to experiment on. They could just get a blood sample from her every now and again and let her carry on, business as usual. I just think that she's one of the leading fighters of bio terrorism, so people would have a little more difficulty with saying nothing if she was taken.

Completely agree with you. In RE6 the BSAA was portrayed as having a lot of power... maybe even more power than the U.S. army itself. So , like you said, it would be really difficult to take a BSAA member (one with authority, for that matter) into custody.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Hmm... I do kinda think that they're two unrelated scenarios though. In Chris and Piers' case, they were in a building that contained BOWs, and it would have been to risk the lives of the rest of the team for them to go back in and help them. Postponing the blast could have risked an outbreak if the BOWs got free. Jill isn't a threat to anyone, she's not risking anybody's life by being free, and I think that being one of the more prominent fighters of bioterrorism, people would have a problem with her being taken. If it were a situation where Jill being taken would be for the greater good then I'd be more likely to agree. But this is just my opinion. :)

Hmm... I do kinda think that they're two unrelated scenarios though. In Chris and Piers' case, they were in a building that contained BOWs, and it would have been to risk the lives of the rest of the team for them to go back in and help them. Postponing the blast could have risked an outbreak if the BOWs got free.
To be fair that area was already kinda phucked and there was no real reason they had to bomb that place other than gameplay purposes. The BSAA could have just wiped them out one by one like they did for the rest of the game. They weren't really risking anything to post pone the blast. They were still willing to bomb a man that saved the world.

Jill isn't a threat to anyone, she's not risking anybody's life by being free,
Neither was Sherry, but then again we don't know what Jill might be infected with and if it could infect others, the point is that if her blood now possesses some kind of DNA that could make a vaccine they would not hesitate to keep her and make her a lab rat, BSAA or not.

and I think that being one of the more prominent fighters of bioterrorism, people would have a problem with her being taken. If it were a situation where Jill being taken would be for the greater good then I'd be more likely to agree.
Sure they would have a problem with it, just not a say in the matter as someone else already stated. As for accepting the greater good, well that's another matter, I don't think it would be that easy for Chris to accept after all he went through. But like you said, just opinions and speculations. :D

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Neither was Sherry, but then again we don't know what Jill might be infected with and if it could infect others, the point is that if her blood now possesses some kind of DNA that could make a vaccine they would not hesitate to keep her and make her a lab rat, BSAA or not.
I just think there's a difference between Sherry and Jill, because the only people who would stick up for Sherry were a rookie cop and a college student, everyone that knew Sherry existed died in Raccoon, whereas Jill is more well known. :)

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Honestly, I don't think you can compare Sherry's situation with this (possible) Jill scenario. I mean, Sherry was a civilian. Jill is a high-ranking government agent. Big difference there in who they're associated with.

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom