• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Jill > More screen time?

CiaFutureK

Do you think that Jill should have had more screen time in RE5? I mean, I know we had Sheva to stare at ;). But I really like jill, and I think she should have been more involved than what she was. What do you guys think?

Jill

well yeah i heard that jill was meant to bill a main character but then they put sheva in due to racism

Ada Wong™

I agree with Jill, it would kinda be racist. I mean, think about it. Two Americans (Jill and Chris), walking around, killing Africans. Can you say KKK kiddies? That would be a bit racist, even though discrimination wasn't exactly involved. RE5 wasn't racist one bit. Chris did say he was just doing his job. When it involves work, discrimination isn't really involved. You gotta play out your orders... Hey, they killed off my kind (I'm British and Spanish) in RE4, and I'm not complaining.​

SkyChat

CapCom doesn't give a damn what people say about racism in RE5.
Hence the fact that you're shooting Africans all day long so would it make any difference if it was Jill or Sheva as a side-kick? I don't think so.

They might as well say: Why is one of our own shooting us!!

Give it a break.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I agree with Jill, it would kinda be racist. I mean, think about it. Two Americans (Jill and Chris), walking around, killing Africans. Can you say KKK kiddies?

Not really, they're in Africa. In this case, the context certainly matters. It wouldn't be demographically correct for the majority of the enemies in this game to be of caucasian descent. While I like Sheva, perhaps more than Jill, I don't think her presense does anything to lessen any talks of racism.

Do you think that Jill should have had more screen time in RE5? I mean, I know we had Sheva to stare at . But I really like jill, and I think she should have been more involved than what she was. What do you guys think?

Yes, I do. Maybe not as the secondary character (personally, I like Sheva more than Jill anyway), but she should have been featured more heavily after Chris took that thing from her chest.

SMOKER X

For that generation of the best and strongest
It is also better than the Shiva

Generation and has a great role..

CiaFutureK

Yeah, as many people have said, I reaally really really hope that Capcom decides to make an Assignment Jill DLC. That'd be great. :D

MoleMan

all this complaining about Jill's screen time will end up with a sex scene in the DLC for her story line. You'll get what you wanted. :D

Ryan

Hopefully Capcom released a DLC which includes Jills Story during the events of RE5 and after the Spencer Mansion Incident.

CiaFutureK

MoleMan;33643 said:
all this complaining about Jill's screen time will end up with a sex scene in the DLC for her story line. You'll get what you wanted. :D
Hmmmmm, if it were between her AND Chris, then ...I wouldn't mind, lol.

Top Bottom