• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Is there anyone here who didn't suspect him on their first playthrough?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Right, im playing REmake again for the god knows how many times, and i just had a little think back all those years ago, to when i first played ps1 version, and i remember knowing straight away wesker was bad, capcom give it away to easy, i think they should have tried to hide it better, so my question is, did anyone not actually catch on and was generally shocked at the end when he openly turned bad?

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I always suspected there was something fishy with his shifty look

His glasses - it was always like he had something to hide

Popo

the first time i played resident evil it was the one on ps1, but i knew it since he appeared in the guardhouse after the plant fight, i thought his story was a bit suspicious

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
When i first played it, i was completely oblivious to the fact that he was a bad guy, i never suspected it. I was kinda shocked. I know he acts suspicious in the game, but it just never occurred to me he was bad.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
Nemesis;52553 said:
When i first played it, i was completely oblivious to the fact that he was a bad guy, i never suspected it. I was kinda shocked. I know he acts suspicious in the game, but it just never occurred to me he was bad.

Finally! Someone as oblivious as me! lol

loathsbane

they make it obvious in the very beginning that something is up, when barry saves jill after getting the shotgun in the room where the ceiling collapses. she asks him what he was doing on this side of the mansion, berry replies that he had something he needed to check... what in the world could he possibly need to check in a place he has never been to before... supposedly...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
exactlyyyyy! You nailed it, straight away i knew they were up to something. Although glad barry came up nice in the end

Torque

on my first play through, i knew wesker had sumthing evil up his sleeve, but because we see Barry a lot in the main parts of the game (e.g barry suddenly turns up at the square lift down by the caves when it was activated) i thought he was the 'real' bad guy trying to act good when really he was the good guy (i guess?? lol) acting bad

But yes I did find it weird that Barry seemingly knew how to find Jill when she was in trouble or if she overcame an obstacle to reach a new area. Still, i thoroughly enjoyed the story that made me want more :D

DavizZz

i somehow knew it when i met him at the residence with Chris (yes i played Chris first). It was this kind of "sound of his voice", so i knew he is not the best friend XD. but i also didnt know that HE was WITH umbrella.

sorry my english is not the best :D

Kagara

My first experience with Resi 1 was watching my older brother play it, for some reason I didn't pay much attention to the characters and focused more on the monsters. When Wesker was reveiled as the villan, I didn't even realize what has going on.

Although I did find Barry a little suspicious, especially when he dropped the rope.

Xcessive_Evil

No, I didn't get it until the end. :(

However, I swore Barry was up to something...I wish Jill would have asked him exactly what the hell that something was he had to check.

Top Bottom