• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Is remake worth it?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Achilleslastand;59717 said:
Ive played the through the ps1 version countless times and was going to buy a GC just to play remake....is it worth it?
I know Remake only from reputation and YouTube.
Without even seeing the game first hand I'll answer HELL YES, it's worth it!

I am going to buy a Gamecube just to play Remake.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I had PS1 RE and RE: Director's Cut before, and wondered whether REmake was worth it - but it's a TOTALLY different game. There are little traps put in there too for those who know the originals (e.g. instead of a cutscene at the front door, an actual Cerberus jumps in the room for you to kill!). The atmosphere's different, the actors are better and the game is just totally new. DO IT DO IT DO IT!

Duo

Wouldn't be a far stretch to say it's probably the best remake of a game ever produced.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Duo;63087 said:
Wouldn't be a far stretch to say it's probably the best remake of a game ever produced.

Exactly. Although I can't think of many remakes... ****tered Memories (re-imagining of original Silent Hill) is a bit odd, but cool. Pac Man World just upsets me. So REmake is the best :D

Duo

The situation was simply perfect and Capcom used it to it's best. The original RE was kind of a crappy game. Intuitive and different, but terrible compared even to the immediate sequel.

Another Gamecube remake of a PS1 game is Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. It's a well produced game, but the original didn't have glaring shortcomings even close to resembling those in RE1. I can play the original MGS1 today and still recognize how damn well done it is.

Capcom waiting until there was hardware that could make a game look close to real-life, the changes and additions they chose to make, the timing and performance value...perfect.

Top Bottom