• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is RE fanbase divided into groups and are there fans who don't even care about the game itself ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I'm on the same boat as Jenevieva If I like it I play it if not I don't.

Want an action game? there are plenty.
Want a Horror game? while there are a small amount of them they make it up in Quality
Ex: Deadspace 1, F.E.A.R, ect.

I never played Re for the story, or the Horror really. Just because it was the one thing that TONS of other games don't have. Entertainment I LOVED Re4, 5, 6 there were fun as hell I REALLY liked 5 for it being the 'worst'
The 'best' modern RE: Revelations. Hated it. it was boring as Capcom's Re6 Prelude (THAT'S one thing I'll vouch for)
Anyways if you don't like RE's current route look for another franchise.

I'm a Stealth turd so MGS was like holy masterpieces I tried Splinter Cell Blacklist. I LOVED it I've never felt a game have such fluent movement and controls. So while I wait for MGSV SC And GTAV are my two games (Of course MGSV5 will ALWAYS crush anything under it.

I also love the story for games but the stories for games I've played lately have been nothing but complete ****. so I don't care to much unless it's from a franchise I love.

One game that I LOVED that had the most basic story in existence
Metroid Prime. that game was GODLY the story was basic.

'Bounty Hunter. Your mission? wipe out the parasites, Space-Pirates, and metroids. Destroy mother brain and return to report'

The gameplay was ****ing amazing the.
Samus Aran is a silent character she rarely speaks there is next to no talking in Metroid games minus Other M (But it was a Remake so eh.)

All in all I have to say it's split between to groups

Fanboys who care about the story (Note RE's Controls back then were a bigger atrocity than CoD's creation)
And those who play for 'fun'.
Yes the foreign word that no one seems to ****ing understand

I'm on the fun side not the idiots who bitch over EVERY minor detail.

That's all

Reactions: Jen

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
A person can't really criticize a game without even playing it right?

You are very right, I'm even totally against criticising a game (or anything for that matter) without having tried it. What I mean is that you don't have to play it anymore if you think it sucks. It doesn't bother me if people don't like something, that's entirely up to them. I don't like everything I play either, and it's not like my world falls apart if not everyone on Earth enjoys RE. But some are just pushing it as if they were forced to play that particular game that is so horrible, and thus keep complaining about it. This is what I was referring to with my statement you quoted: If you don't like it, don't play it, but don't ruin the fun for others.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Even though it's indie, please try Amnesia: The Dark Descent Oh, and try Condemned as well.
I've tried both Condemned was okay.... just like F.E.A.R i won't call a survial horror.

Amnesia reminds me of DOS adventure games lol its just not scary.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
What would you call a survival horror exactly?
A game where you can't kick your enemies like ragdolls or anticipate more action.

Silent Hill 2 does that very well,Resident evil 1-3 does that very well.. but for some reason all the other games don't seem to understand that.. mainly because team silent isn't there and Shinji just ditched capcom years ago.

I'm all into indie games but they rarely do have a decent budget.

Amnesia IMO is just a jump scare hidden object game.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
You can't just randomly punch enemies in revelations.
Only if you stun them first.
Re1-3 included jump scares too.
I've played a little amnesia and that is pretty creepy if not scary, but that games supposed to make it so you can't fight back. In games where you can fight back they generally are less scary.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
It's called conserving ammo which you yourself said earlier how important it was to conserve ammo in resident evil games :p
The only re game which would let you engage enemies with ease without weapons is re6

UmbrellaFella

Master of Unlocking
Wait.. wait wasn't that what they said about RE5 ? and RE6 and RE:revelations ? i'm having a deja vu here.EVERY OTHER GAME ? you do know that survival horror is niche market and not many games can do that right ?

I don't consider something like a cheap crap like slenderman a game.

oh BTW slenderman isn't survival horror because i'm not a 12 yr old kid who hasn't played real survival horror games and i'd really like to get that list of "Plenty of other survival horror games"

Because all i know is Slient hill,Haunting ground,Clock Tower 3 and Dead Space 1 and yeah that's all the games i can actually pass as a "Survival horror" game indie games are not of that caliber.And you haven't played the hard more ?? too bad usually actual gamers try out higher difficulties for more bonus content.

Well at least i did i still remember fighting nemesis in mercenaries and unlocking a Gatling gun.Really ? i mean i don't remember having the urge to load bullets in any zombie's face i just wanted to avoid as much as possible and it was impossible to play the game if you lost all your ammo. so again how do exactly feel empowered in that kind of situation is beyond me.No it all seriously depends on what kind of game you're playing.. if i'm playing something like metal gear solid i'd expect a great story at the very least.. but when it comes to games like resident evil its all about the gameplay&atmosphere story is just supplementary and not the main concern at all.Well then how come people never stop whining about story&character ?? whining is on one side and stating your concerns for a dying franchise is another.

I just don't like double standards here.. how come people can whine and moan about leon's cosmetic appearance or his pairing with some other stupid character but when people like me actually say "Man what happened to this game?" i'm labelled as a whiner ??

I understand you are new to the forum, like me, and I respect your opinion but it is really necessary to bash other people's opinions constantly when they are taking the time to comment on your thread? It isn't fair to them. I know you will probably just write a reply to this message saying i'm 'whining' or 'crying', but I just thought you might want to know that not everyone will take kindly to that.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It's called conserving ammo which you yourself said earlier how important it was to conserve ammo in resident evil games :p
Hmm... i don't remember conserving ammo in RE4 or 5 correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't ammo like everywhere ??? i didn't really have to hunt for it i could find them conveniently placed in barrels and shelves.
It isn't fair to them. I know you will probably just write a reply to this message saying i'm 'whining' or 'crying', but I just thought you might want to know that not everyone will take kindly to that.
Ha ha ha i don't really care actually... if people get butthurt so easily then its their problem not mine i always talk from an objective perspective and i don't care anyone opinions.

Don't like what you read ?? well don't reply simple don't go on saying "Oh i'm butthurt because you don't like what i like".

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Story is the single most important element in a game. I'm no gamer. In fact, I don't PLAY video games, unless it's RE, Legend of Zelda, or a few assorted other games. Wanna know why? Because most games have ****ty stories (I'm talking about modern gaming here. Anything PS3 and XBox 360 Era and Up), and it's all about gameplay, and the mechanics of playing online. Look, I'm not saying Gameplay isn't important. I don't want to hit the forward button, and my character run backwards, but I don't play video games for gameplay. Video games can offer you a story that no movie, book, comic, or any other from of media can offer, by being longer, more in depth, visual, and can make you FEEL like you're in the game (If they gameplay is good). However, making gameplay more important than story is a CRITICAL mistake, because no matter how great the gameplay is, why even bother trying to get to the next level if there isn't a compelling story to drive you on. I don't care how many different combos I can land. Weapons I can level up. Alien species I can kill. If there is no story, this is just a mass of "Hey look what we can do with modern gaming technology," and that just isn't appealing. I love RE6 just as much as I love RE4, which I love just as much as REmake, which is just as amazing as RE2, and is equally as wholesome as RE: Umbrella Chronicles. These games all differ GREATLY in gameplay, but the overall story is what hooks us. The characters. The Corporations. The humanity of it all. The feeling of hopelessness you get when you're playing it alone at 3 AM on a Friday night. No CoD game with it's fantastic gameplay can instill such a feeling of humanity as Resident Evil.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
^^
5d5.gif
:cool:

EDIT: This post is highly resourceful&accurate.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
There's one last thing I like to say about this before a certain someone or thread disappears for good (Thank you!)

At this point in time in the gaming world Gameplay and Story don't matter anymore SSBM had No story but became like in the top ten like that.

It's by preference and who likes what I'm a Stealth Turd I HATE killing in video games except if it's Zombies or I'm angry and letting my frustrations go (Although half the stuff I say would scare any normal human)

I like Stealth Games.

I like Nintendo games

I like to have 'Fun' when playing video games. Not a lust for blood every mother f-ing minute

I like Humor in games.

I like (sometimes I'm 50/50 on this) a somewhat romance kinda scene in games

I hate a lot of games including Generic shooters ( I'll vouch for BF3 it's a fun shooter for once)

I hate those little complainers who get so angry because the franchise didn't go the direction they wanted.

I hate people who don't respect others opinions (Which is common on online MP games)

I like zombies (not zombie dogs though makes me sad when I see them)

All in all these is what I hope and wish for in every game I buy do I get it? No. and there are people who don't agree with me. but it all comes down to preference in what you want

RE was always fun for me I don't care what route it takes as long as it's fun

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I hate those little complainers who get so angry because the franchise didn't go the direction they wanted (Opinions)
I hate people who don't respect others opinions
Boy do i love irony :D

So you hate people who don't respect others opinions and yet you hate people who who have opinions about RE franchise direction ?? so you hate yourself in a sense ? :confused: that's one hilarious analogy.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Boy do i love irony :D

So you hate people who don't respect others opinions and yet you hate people who who have opinions about RE franchise direction ?? so you hate yourself in a sense ? :confused: that's one hilarious analogy.

Well Actually I'm aware that refers to me as well since I DO hate myself in a sense Anger blinds me as it would any other human I went around to the two threads that have my honest attention and you are there This thread for example is the biggest one.

I will just say it.

I. Don't. Like. You.

You bluntly said you don't care for others opinions. That angered as these 'people' are my friends I don't care if it gets me kicked out I just want you out.

You are one of the people I loath automatically identified by using the one word most of them use "Butthurt"

Not only that Umbrella Fella actually told you some people won't take kindly to that well I don't.

I don't care if you care or not. But you've regarded people who don't side with you in a hostile like tone And I'm getting tired of it.

And let me quote my favorite song.

"Thirst is quenched with hypocrisy"

I hate myself in the sense when I get mad I contradict my morals and beliefs as anger takes over most if not all rational thinking on my part. but hell it'd do you better to just waltz out of here cause I'm pretty sure I could be wrong but I'm not the only fed up person with your attitude.

FYI: You're prospective is total ****. someone doesn't agree with you they are butthurt?

My my...what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom