• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica I'm Going to Have to Start Over Huh?

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
This is the very reason CVX doesn't live up to the classics for me. The game stiffs you.
Yep, my least fav out of the series. I never played it enough to get used to it kuz it was soo tough and long. I'm thinking about hookin up my PS2 though after I get through my current run of REremake with Chris, because I found my old CVX guide. I only use guides on parts I have trouble with.. I don't go page by page because.... thats just lame.

Mr Sunshine

This is the very reason CVX doesn't live up to the classics for me. The game stiffs you.

Yep, my least fav out of the series. I never played it enough to get used to it kuz it was soo tough and long.

And the monsters deal minimal damage compared to the hard mode of previous titles. Had the game been like Director's Cut where you would die by 2-3 bites of a zombie it would have been utterly impossible for me to accomplish it.

v for valentine

Just have to say, Code Veronica was one of my favorites! It can definitely be tricky, but when I was younger, I used to beat that game every day after school. Haha. Can you tell what I was thinking about in class? :D

v for valentine

Haha. Sadly, as much of a video game geek that I was and still am, I did pretty well. But Resident Evil came first, and then homework. Wonderful priorities I have. ;)

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Alright I'm not going to lie, this is my first time playing Code Veronica. It's been avoiding me for years and I haven't had a PS2 for the longest time, but I finally got one and now... I think I screwed myself.

I'm at the part where Alfred unleashes the Tyrant when Claire's in the elevator. I have I think 30 something rounds in my handgun and a crapload of grenade shells... but no grenade launcher. I looked up where to get it and due to the self-destruct sequence, I cant go there. All I have is a handgun pretty much. No darts for the bow gun, didn't find the shotgun, didn't find the grenade launcher :/
Did you start over yet, is so how far did you get and did you get past the tyrant?

Mako Crab

Don't feel bad. The first time I got to the final boss I was down to just a handful of bullets for my handgun and shotgun and a combat knife. I honestly tried my damnedest to beat her with just that. First I ran out of shotgun shells. Then handgun bullets. If I could've thrown my guns at her, I would've! I had to restart the entire game, and on my 2nd play-through, I killed as many enemies as possible with the knife (or just avoided them altogether). By the time I got back to the final boss, I had something like 200+ bullets for everything.

Top Bottom