• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica I'm Going to Have to Start Over Huh?

Cyberote

Alright I'm not going to lie, this is my first time playing Code Veronica. It's been avoiding me for years and I haven't had a PS2 for the longest time, but I finally got one and now... I think I screwed myself.

I'm at the part where Alfred unleashes the Tyrant when Claire's in the elevator. I have I think 30 something rounds in my handgun and a crapload of grenade shells... but no grenade launcher. I looked up where to get it and due to the self-destruct sequence, I cant go there. All I have is a handgun pretty much. No darts for the bow gun, didn't find the shotgun, didn't find the grenade launcher :/

LordGolbez

I Know A Couple Of People Who Could Probably Do It With That But Since It's Your First Time And You Don't Really Have Any Of The More Powerful Weapons I Would Start Over.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
do you have a save point somewhere? if you do the gernade launcher is in the area where you play as Steve. Sorry I dont Know what it is actualy called

Cyberote

Yep. A learning experience lol.

And nope. I don't have any other save files anywhere. I just keep one.

LordGolbez

Yep. A learning experience lol.

And nope. I don't have any other save files anywhere. I just keep one.
That's Usually What I Do Unless It's Been A Long Time Since I Played A Game But For Me That's An Unwritten Rule When Playing CVX Because It's So Easy To Get Into A Hard Spot And Not So Easy To Get Out Of It.

I Wish You The Best Of Luck On That Next Playthrough.

Cyberote

That's Usually What I Do Unless It's Been A Long Time Since I Played A Game But For Me That's An Unwritten Rule When Playing CVX Because It's So Easy To Get Into A Hard Spot And Not So Easy To Get Out Of It.

I Wish You The Best Of Luck On That Next Playthrough.
Well it won't be so hard this time since now I know where the dang Grenade Launcher is!

Cyberote

My apologies for the double post, but I'd like to thank all of you who have helped me. I finally beat Code Veronica a few days ago. God Alexia was a tough one. I was really low on ammo, but I managed to pull through!

LordGolbez

My apologies for the double post, but I'd like to thank all of you who have helped me. I finally beat Code Veronica a few days ago. God Alexia was a tough one. I was really low on ammo, but I managed to pull through!

It's Okay As Long As You Don't Do Them Right After Each Other. Congrats, For Me It Is A Hard Game But Rewarding If You Can Finish It. I Don't Anyone Has Mass Amounts Of Ammo At The End Unless They Are A Vet To The Game, Even It's Hard To Hold On To A Lot Of Ammo.

Cyberote

It's Okay As Long As You Don't Do Them Right After Each Other. Congrats, For Me It Is A Hard Game But Rewarding If You Can Finish It. I Don't Anyone Has Mass Amounts Of Ammo At The End Unless They Are A Vet To The Game, Even It's Hard To Hold On To A Lot Of Ammo.
It was crazy. I had a save file right before I brought Claire the vaccine. Originally I gave Claire the grenade launcher to take care of Steve and that left me screwed when it came to Alexia at the end. So I loaded the file back up and gave Claire the shotgun instead and surprisingly it worked. I wish I would've had the magnum. When I had to fight Alexia in the foyer, I had nothing but a handgun at the time lol

LordGolbez

It was crazy. I had a save file right before I brought Claire the vaccine. Originally I gave Claire the grenade launcher to take care of Steve and that left me screwed when it came to Alexia at the end. So I loaded the file back up and gave Claire the shotgun instead and surprisingly it worked. I wish I would've had the magnum. When I had to fight Alexia in the foyer, I had nothing but a handgun at the time lol

Lol I Know The Feeling. My Brother Played Through It Once And Beat Her With The Knife. I Was Amazed At The Time Because I Hadn't Seen It Done Before. To Get The Magnum You Have To Have Put The Fire Extinguisher Back In The Box Before You Leave Rockfort, Then You Can Get It As Chris In The Artic Base.

I Usually Don't Put A Stong Weapon On Her Either When I Get To That Part Seeing As How Steve Is Unbeatable.

Cyberote

Lol I Know The Feeling. My Brother Played Through It Once And Beat Her With The Knife. I Was Amazed At The Time Because I Hadn't Seen It Done Before. To Get The Magnum You Have To Have Put The Fire Extinguisher Back In The Box Before You Leave Rockfort, Then You Can Get It As Chris In The Artic Base.

I Usually Don't Put A Stong Weapon On Her Either When I Get To That Part Seeing As How Steve Is Unbeatable.
I wouldn't even dare get close to her. She'd always pick me up and incinerate me lol. But this was my first time running through, so I didn't think anything of the fire extinguisher. Then I got to the fire in the room and was like "Agh! That friggin fire extinguisher!"

LordGolbez

I wouldn't even dare get close to her. She'd always pick me up and incinerate me lol. But this was my first time running through, so I didn't think anything of the fire extinguisher. Then I got to the fire in the room and was like "Agh! That friggin fire extinguisher!"

She Did That To Me A Lot Too. Yeah That's What I Said On My First Time Around.

Cyberote

She Did That To Me A Lot Too. Yeah That's What I Said On My First Time Around.
Lol. Tricky Capcom. This game frustrated me so much that idk when I'm ever going to play it again XD. Probably in a month or two. I still find satisfaction in running through the old games.

LordGolbez

Lol. Tricky Capcom. This game frustrated me so much that idk when I'm ever going to play it again XD. Probably in a month or two. I still find satisfaction in running through the old games.

I Haven't Played It In Awhile Myself. I Like The Old Games Better Than The New Ones Myself, It's Not That I Don't Like The New It's Just Like The Old Ones Better.

Cyberote

I Haven't Played It In Awhile Myself. I Like The Old Games Better Than The New Ones Myself, It's Not That I Don't Like The New It's Just Like The Old Ones Better.
Same here. Nothing beats the original for me. I know that mansion like the back of my hand

Top Bottom