• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 im dissappointed with the reception to RE6!

LeOnKeNnEdY201

resident evil 6 is here fellas, and i think its frikin amazing!!!!!!!!! but the critics say otherwise........

3 campaigns, clocking at 7-10 hours each, great and interesting gameplay mechanics, compelling story and characters, amazing enemies, sounds perfect eh?!

various critics have been good about the game as they should be, but like ign, 7.9????!!!!!!load of crap, one of their negatives being "too much action", im sorry but dont most games have action nowadays? i know that most of you guys will tell me its because they dont find it like how it used to be years ago and has too much action. well sorry to bust their bubble but the reason capcom changed their games is because in the 90's and early 2000, RE was the most unique horror out there, zombies and atmosphere. but in modern times, there are so many zombie and horror games out there that RE6 (the way the critics wanted it) would not stand out above them.

my point is that the critics dont like this game because of the action, but the action is there because of all the modern tech and so on so it was neccesary.

what did you guys think of the reception?

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
My thoughts, screw the reception, their expectations nowadays are way too high, Too much action? The games based on actual survival unlike the previous installments, conserve your ammo, resort to hand to hand combat and so on, it's what you would actually have to do in the actual situation.

With the way RE6 is, the reason why they probably say its all action is because you can't run and gun everything unlike 4 & especially 5 you gotta resort to other tactics and think outside the box, and people just can't seem to understand that.

And it would be most likely because of how the older games were, but I'm sure they never contemplated the stuff they added in RE6.

Pretty much my verdict is times change, so do the games and so does the RE timeline, everyone has their two cents about the game, the critics are overrated and can't rate a game because their expectations are too high nowadays, nothing is perfect, and RE6 may not be perfect, but so far it seems damn good and I've barely even made it outside the campus.

The critics can suck it!

Lonesurvivor2127

My thoughts, screw the reception, their expectations nowadays are way too high, Too much action? The games based on actual survival unlike the previous installments, conserve your ammo, resort to hand to hand combat and so on, it's what you would actually have to do in the actual situation.

With the way RE6 is, the reason why they probably say its all action is because you can't run and gun everything unlike 4 & especially 5 you gotta resort to other tactics and think outside the box, and people just can't seem to understand that.

And it would be most likely because of how the older games were, but I'm sure they never contemplated the stuff they added in RE6.
Pretty much my verdict is times change, so do the games and so does the RE timeline, everyone has their two cents about the game, the critics are overrated and can't rate a game because their expectations are too high nowadays, nothing is perfect, and RE6 may not be perfect, but so far it seems damn good and I've barely even made it outside the campus.

The critics can suck it!

Couldn't have said it better! The game is great and actually for once, hard in some places. For the first time in my history of playing Resident Evil..... I'm using my knive to kill off zombies. I'm actually running low on ammo and trying to not use it up. The enemies are great and warp into gross creatures that are cool looking. Especially in Jake's campaign you have to watch out at all times out you might get knock down on your a**. You as a player have to be on guard at all times and watching out for any danger. Easily one of the better in the series ( already better then RE3) can't wait to beat it over and over again .

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
- I have only played through 4 chapters in Leons campaign and its awesome !!!!! I am also crazy addicted to mercs, sadly I still havent gotten an "A" -rank as of yet:(....Also everyone I ve played with online is pretty bad at mercs I need a better partner.

HELLBOY1980

The critics can suck it!
- what these critics cant seem to understand, and im sure are not resident evil fans in the first place!!! -Is that I was 16 when the first game came out..this game is everything I wished I could of done in resident evil 1-5 !!!! Not scary?!!!!- I do not know what they are talking about, did they not play Leons camapaign and run through that subway station !!

Xi.

I just finished chapter one of Leon's campaign just now(long day, looking at a new car) and I must say I'm in awe, I can't wait to get further and see what the other campaigns are like!

Edit: good lord, 11 deaths. o_O 2 hours 39 minutes, eh, not bad :p

Seba5

I just finished chapter one of Leon's campaign just now(long day, looking at a new car) and I must say I'm in awe, I can't wait to get further and see what the other campaigns are like!

Edit: good lord, 11 deaths. :confused: 2 hours 39 minutes, eh, not bad :p
It's easy to get low on health in this game, or that's just me. I swear every second there's something hitting or jumping on me lol.

Xi.

It's easy to get low on health in this game, or that's just me. I swear every second there's something hitting or jumping on me lol.
That's what I really like about RE6, you gotta really plan ahead for what you are going to do, and think if its the best course of action and you gotta do it quick or suffer the consequences... I should know, being run down by a train 6-7 times in a row should be more then enough to make you think :p

Seba5

Another thing I like is that the AI isn't Sheva bad. It's not great, but they can handle themselves. If I turn around for 5 seconds in RE5, Sheva gets killed.

Xi.

Another thing I like is that the AI isn't Sheva bad. It's not great, but they can handle themselves. If I turn around for 5 seconds in RE5, Sheva gets killed.
Helena saved my a** more times then I could count, and that's just chapter one, so the AI is definitely a big improvement from 5

Seba5

Most of the criticism is on Chris and Jack's story more. I haven't played them yet, so I can't say. People have said you play the same parts a lot and the level design is similar in terms of what you're doing in the game. Seems like most people have enjoyed Leon's story more because of the good mix of horror and action.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I've gotta call bull**** on the super negative reviews. I've just now finished Leon and Helena's campaign and I haven't had more fun playing a game in a long, long time. I fear that the real haters of this game must be completely joyless human beings. If the other three campaigns are nearly as fun, this will far and away be my game of the year! I love it! :D

Seba5

I've gotta call bull**** on the super negative reviews. I've just now finished Leon and Helena's campaign and I haven't had more fun playing a game in a long, long time. I fear that the real haters of this game must be completely joyless human beings. If the other three campaigns are nearly as fun, this will far and away be my game of the year! I love it! :D

It has its flaws, but I don't see how it's a 4.5 bad. That's just ridiculous. According to Gamespot, it's just as bad as ORC. Unbelievable. A lot of the complaints I have yet to have problems with.

cathodex1

I give you an example, that may be a little extreme, but it illustrates the point of those who dislike this game.

Let's say as an engineer you've been given a task by your employer to design an airplane, but you design a car.
No matter how good your car design is, and no matter that more people use cars, than airplanes, you haven't completed the given task.

So if you say "don't compare this RE to previous games, but play it as an action game", many (read: not all) people can't do that, because they wanted a true Resident Evil game, and not and action game, no matter how good this game is as an action game.
So their frustration is understandable, and some review with low scores do have a point.

And if the game is not really Resident Evil anymore, than why keep the title?

Seba5

I give you an example, that may be a little extreme, but it illustrates the point of those who dislike this game.

Let's say as an engineering you've been given a task by your employee to design an airplane, but your design a car.
No matter how good your car design is, and no matter that more people use cars, than airplanes, you haven't completed the given task.

So if you say "don't compare this RE to previous games, but play it as an action game", many (read: not all) people can't do that, because they wanted a true Resident Evil game, and not and action game, no matter how good this game is as an action game.
So their frustration is understandable, and some review with low scores do have a point.

And if the game is not really Resident Evil anymore, than why keep the title? (Same with the live movies)

It's a 4.5 as a Resident Evil game outside of Leon's story in terms of game play and over the top action. The story still feels like RE. A lot of things click with the previous stories like Sherry's back story.

As an action game, it's an 8.

HELLBOY1980

the only thing I do not like is not being able to pause the game!!! unless there is some way and I just dont know it?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
You can pause the game, but you have to be playing completely off line. That means you can't even have 'invite only' status.

Top Bottom