• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 If you could recreate a RE game and put it as DLC in RE6?

What game would you want (before 4)?

• Total voters

Jakeykins18

Useless
2a5d33fe171a583ac80127b3011ac432.jpg

ToCool74

Veteran Member
A complete REmake of RE2...That'd be so badass...

I agree.

I have long since wanted a remake for RE2 since the remake for RE1 first came out.

It disappointed me when I found out that Resident evil Darkside Chronicles (which was initially rumored to be the remake) was just another on the rails shooter.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree.

I have long since wanted a remake for RE2 since the remake for RE1 first came out.

It disappointed me when I found out that Resident evil Darkside Chronicles (which was initially rumored to be the remake) was just another on the rails shooter.
You gotta give the Chronicles series credit though...They kicked major ass...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
You gotta give the Chronicles series credit though...They kicked major ass...

They where "ok".

They did give us more insight on important events such as the fall of Umbrella and Leon's untold mission to South America with Krauser.

But other than that, the on the rails crap really never clicked with me.

When I heard that Umbrella Chronicles was initially intended to play like RE4 (over the shoulder) but they decided to change it I really wanted to kick Capcom and the ballz and ask wth they where thinking. It would have been MUCH better if they had kept that idea.

Could you imagine playing through Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica with a over the shoulder perspective like RE4?

It would have been sooooooo badass IMO.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
They where "ok".

They did give us more insight on important events such as the fall of Umbrella and Leon's untold mission to South America with Krauser.

But other than that, the on the rails crap really never clicked with me.

When I heard that Umbrella Chronicles was initially intended to play like RE4 (over the shoulder) but they decided to change it I really wanted to kick Capcom and the ballz and ask wth they where thinking. It would have been MUCH better if they had kept that idea.

Could you imagine playing through Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica with a over the shoulder perspective like RE4?

It would have been sooooooo badass IMO.
I completely agree...But at the same time, I think the job they did was great...If they were gonna release each game one at a time...Then I'd agree with you more...But to put three or four games on one disc and make them over the shoulder would be lame to me, just because they were quick synopsis' of the games, and not the whole games themselves...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
, just because they were quick synopsis' of the games, and not the whole games themselves...

But where would the problem lie?

They are quick synopsis' after all, and all that would be required is for them to cut to a different part of the story once the initial objective is complete, for example, making it to the Police department. After you do this your second mission could start which requires you to escape and afterwards it could simply show a cutscene that gives you a summary of what had happened and afterwards you could be in the laboratory for your next mission.

Sure it would be a pain the the arse, but I don't see how it would be any different than what they had already did which is skip a bunch of stuff and just detail the important events since they can't really have the ENTIRE game detailed since there are many events to chronicle.

I fail to see how this would not be possible with the over the should perspective, but that is just my opinion.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But where would the problem lie?

They are quick synopsis' after all, and all that would be required is for them to cut to a different part of the story once the initial objective is complete, for example, making it to the Police department. After you do this your second mission could start which requires you to escape and afterwards it could simply show a cutscene that gives you a summary of what had happened and afterwards you could be in the laboratory for your next mission.

Sure it would be a pain the the arse, but I don't see how it would be any different than what they had already did which is skip a bunch of stuff and just detail the important events since they can't really have the ENTIRE game detailed since there are many events to chronicle.

I fail to see how this would not be possible with the over the should perspective, but that is just my opinion.
I actually didn't mean with the story or anything...I meant the complexity of the controls and graphics...The controls were simple and the graphics were good, but no where near on par with that of RE4...Giving the fans something to play to hold them over...rather than a main course...

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I dont think the over the shoulder effect was that great of an addition to the series. Yea it answered the extensive, arduous climb that was 2d graphics. But as much as 3d graphics allowed for over the shoulder you lose some of the detail and unique charm to the game. Which is what i think LIN recaptured somewhat in its 'freeze frame' mode. Dont get me wrong i would totally play a remake of RE2 any day of the week even if i had to look through the cracks of Leons eyes the whole time. But i would prefer the fixed camera. It just feels right for me.

As for the game i would want remade. Resident Evil 2 hands down.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Damn I voted for the original RE cast but then I just realized they've already done a remake of the 1st game lol.

Oh well, I agree with u guys about a RE2 remake. But on ps3/360 this time. Nintendo have enough exclusive stuff already.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Damn I voted for the original RE cast but then I just realized they've already done a remake of the 1st game lol.

Oh well, I agree with u guys about a RE2 remake. But on ps3/360 this time. Nintendo have enough exclusive stuff already.
I disagree with that last part...I really think that Nintendo exclusive are great for RE...

Popo

No exclusives please, I already had to buy the gamecube for remake and 0, I'm not buying a wii. Do it for all the 3 consoles.
Remake of 2 would be great. In my opinion the over the shoulder camera isn't the best, classic cameras would be awesome, I loved that feeling of hearing a zombie on the corner but the camera wouldn't let me see it so I didn't really know where he was so when I took a step foward BAM suddenly a zombie and I panicked. Over the shoulder camera is just running around and shooting and you can always know what to expect.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Resident Evil 2 in Resident Evil 6 format would be great.

What format would that be?

Are you talking about the Resident Evil 4 and 5 style of over the shoulder gameplay?

Or are you talking about it being more action oriented?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Very much.
Format does not apply to the theme. Format applies to the engine and way the game functions.

And how would you know how the game functions?

You really have not gotten your hands on RE6 yet to make a accurate assessment about which "format" it has and how exactly it would function.

Don't you think it may be to early to be making statements like that?

Top Bottom