• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Idea's for a RE2 Remake

Mitch

Just simply do what they did with RE1 for this. Add a couple of new areas, new voice acting, massive graphical upgrade, crimsons heads, few new gameplay elements and BOOM, brilliant game.

They say they're considering it (but this is Capcom; they "considered" rereleasing Street Fighter II a couple of times...), but you can pretty much guarantee it'd be a Wii game and not multiplatform. It would be a high budget release for a niche market that just wouldn't be a financially good idea for the 360 and PS3.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
what your saying is spot on, but i would just hope they would release it on other platforms, in terms of games on wii, they only really suit a few, ones that actually use the motion capture software...

Mitch

They'd almost give you the option of using the classic/GameCube controllers. The Wii controls will just be a throw in, like the Wii port of 0.

Hoady

Just improved graphics and maybe a new room or two. I never played it(well like a minute actually) but you know anything to make it better.

XmetallatemX

Never fix what isnt broke! No more remakes of any kind. Ya they could be fun, and the cube remake of re1 was AWESOME, but keeping the stories moving forward should be the goal now! Thats just my opinion. But what the hell do i know, i am just a janitor! LOL :)

Ryan

weskerfan;28343 said:
apparently the new RE:UC 2 is going to be the remake of RE2.
the whole game is fully RE2.

Yeah, thats exactly what I was thinking. I was hoping that RE Darkside Chronicles wasn't Capcoms response to a RE2 Remake but I guess thats what it looks like.

aintnoscrub

Premium
OMG really.that would suck if the RE2 remake was UC2, first person does not make for a good resi evil game, especially one where all you can do is shoot and not walk freely.
what a total let down.

aintnoscrub

Premium
okay so from watching the trailer, it appears you can free walk, any maybe switch from 2st to 3rd person.but still graphics wise it looks awful.

weskerfan

the graphics are like that becouse it is for the wii!

no ,you ant free walk,what you seen was your character following behind the other character,which is your partner.

aintnoscrub

Premium
yeah my bad..,it didnt make sense that you would be able to see the characters in front cross hair..well now i realised that it sucks even more.
its such a huge step back in terms of resident evil..they should keep it off the wii, theres so much potential for RE2, but making it 1st person, is a step in the wrong direction, we dont need another UC.

Top Bottom