• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village I Just Bought Resident Evil 8 Village And This Is My Take On It Thus Far

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Okay, just real quick here, I've been playing the hell out of re8 and it's starting to feel like it's playing me.

Long story short, I'm playing it on hardcore now, but I got the infinite S.T.A.K.E., fully upgraded and customized.

I just wanted to say, I think they should change the name of hardcore difficulty to scream, yell and cuss at the T.V. screen 'til you almost want to make your T.V. screen eat the controller mode.

That will be all. Thank you and carry on.
Wait until you unlock Village of Shadows.

Ikawaru

Wait until you unlock Village of Shadows.

And when you do, be sure to unlock unlimited ammo with your preferred powerful weapon fully upgraded. For me it was the assault rifle due to raw DPS, which I found even more effective than the rocket pistol, which felt like an entire waste of challenge points that could have been spent elsewhere. That's just my personal experience though of course, your mileage may vary.

Murderer Enshrined

From what I've heard/read, as hard as Hardcore is, I shouldn't be looking forward to playing re8 on Village of Shadows, and I'm not, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. I might as well, because I've played enough now to gain enough CP to give myself quite a few infinite weapons.

These are the ones I have earned:

M1897 (shotgun, pump action)
F2 Rifle (sniper rifle, bolt-action)
GM 79 (grenade launcher)
M1851 Wolfsbane (magnum, revolver)
S.T.A.K.E. (semi-auto magnum)

And the ones that are customizable are fully customized.

To keep playing re8 on Casual or Standard with all those infinite, fully customized weapons seems kind of pointless, almost like a moot point or a foregone conclusion.

SpaceOwlHoot

Okay, just real quick here, I've been playing the hell out of re8 and it's starting to feel like it's playing me.

Long story short, I'm playing it on hardcore now, but I got the infinite S.T.A.K.E., fully upgraded and customized.

I just wanted to say, I think they should change the name of hardcore difficulty to scream, yell and cuss at the T.V. screen 'til you almost want to make your T.V. screen eat the controller mode.

That will be all. Thank you and carry on.
Ugh…I remember the village attack segment at the beginning on Hardcore and how long that took me

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The STAKE is the best option for most encounters. The only downside is the limited amount of shots and having to plan WHEN to reload. It is easy to get swarmed with a zillion Lycans on your tail.

According to what Rain was saying, using the infinite Sniper might be a big gift for late game on VoS too.

Jamesy

I was really unimpressed with village. It’s no resident evil 4 put it that way.

The only thing I liked about the game was upgrading the weapons with the duke.

Murderer Enshrined

Screaming, yelling and cussing some of the way, not all, not even most of the way, I finished it on Hardcore. I would have to say that the only tough part is when I play as Chris and I only have the Dragoon, the pistol and some grenades. I was like, "What the hell is my S.T.A.K.E.?!".

Now I can give Village of Shadows a try.

Murderer Enshrined

Just want to add this: I'm playing re8 on Village of Shadows difficulty mode right now and it feels like I'm about, or almost halfway through Heisenberg's Factory right now. Just wanted to make some comments about the weaponry. The best gun I have is the S.T.A.K.E., of course, it's been basically the workhorse since I acquired it and made it infinite. I made the grenade launcher infinite as well, but it has next to no power against the:

Soldat Eins
Soldat Zwei
Soldat Jet
Soldat Panzer

They're all in order of strength there. And when I say strength, I mean heath-wise. They give them A LOT of health. They actually put one of those Soldat Panzers right in front of the mold cast when I first got to that area. They didn't do that on any other difficulty level that I've played thus far. It was almost as if they were welcoming me to Heisenberg's area on Village of Shadows difficulty mode. I could almost hear the game developers chanting, "You're here! You're queer! Get used to us!"..... Bastards!

But I did manage to find a use for the grenade launcher. If I have it on flash grenades, I'm able to blind and stop the Soldats in their tracks and make them stand still for a period of time while I unload on them with my infinite S.T.A.K.E. That has worked out well so far. So I'm kind of mixing and matching the use of the weaponry I have. It seems to be the best recourse of action for me right now.

Also, the sniper rifle, I made it infinite as well, but, up until now, it has been the type of weapon that sits around without use for a long time. But when I finally do need it, I'm glad I have it. I don't know if it will show me it's worth later on in Heisenberg's Factory, but I can't imagine it will. The quarters are so incredibly cramped, I can't imagine any use for a sniper rifle in the factory. All the other weapons I have seem to be pretty useless, at least for right now they do.

But I know for a fact that Chris' segment is going to be very, VERY hard, because I'm not going to be afforded any of the weapons that I've acquired, upgraded, customized and made infinite, like the S.T.A.K.E. So, not looking forward to Chris' segment. I feel that will be the make or break part of the game. Basically, this is what it boils down to:

Infinite S.T.A.K.E. = WIN

No Infinite S.T.A.K.E. = LOSE

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Just want to add this: I'm playing re8 on Village of Shadows difficulty mode right now and it feels like I'm about, or almost halfway through Heisenberg's Factory right now. Just wanted to make some comments about the weaponry. The best gun I have is the S.T.A.K.E., of course, it's been basically the workhorse since I acquired it and made it infinite. I made the grenade launcher infinite as well, but it has next to no power against the:

Soldat Eins
Soldat Zwei
Soldat Jet
Soldat Panzer

They're all in order of strength there. And when I say strength, I mean heath-wise. They give them A LOT of health. They actually put one of those Soldat Panzers right in front of the mold cast when I first got to that area. They didn't do that on any other difficulty level that I've played thus far. It was almost as if they were welcoming me to Heisenberg's area on Village of Shadows difficulty mode. I could almost hear the game developers chanting, "You're here! You're queer! Get used to us!"..... Bastards!

But I did manage to find a use for the grenade launcher. If I have it on flash grenades, I'm able to blind and stop the Soldats in their tracks and make them stand still for a period of time while I unload on them with my infinite S.T.A.K.E. That has worked out well so far. So I'm kind of mixing and matching the use of the weaponry I have. It seems to be the best recourse of action for me right now.

Also, the sniper rifle, I made it infinite as well, but, up until now, it has been the type of weapon that sits around without use for a long time. But when I finally do need it, I'm glad I have it. I don't know if it will show me it's worth later on in Heisenberg's Factory, but I can't imagine it will. The quarters are so incredibly cramped, I can't imagine any use for a sniper rifle in the factory. All the other weapons I have seem to be pretty useless, at least for right now they do.

But I know for a fact that Chris' segment is going to be very, VERY hard, because I'm not going to be afforded any of the weapons that I've acquired, upgraded, customized and made infinite, like the S.T.A.K.E. So, not looking forward to Chris' segment. I feel that will be the make or break part of the game. Basically, this is what it boils down to:

Usually when I do more difficult runs I only fight bosses for the most part. You can dodge most enemies in the game as long as you know your way around the areas. To be honest I couldn't even tell you how much health the enemies have in VoS because of this lol.

When I beat VoS, I had infinite ammo for Chris's weapons, a couple of the shotguns and the sniper. To this day I don't think I've unlocked infinite ammo for the STAKE.

Don't let Chris's section intimidate you. Again, you can dodge most of the enemies, even the big ones and grenades are more than enough to get you to the Village center. After that it is possible to stay hidden well enough to not get injured until you go underground.

After that, the best advice I have is to learn the physical cues in the fight. This fight is kinda grind but once you learn how to dodge effectively it's not too bad. When I did this fight the first time I only had 1 heal when I got to the last fight here and I managed. Just gotta remember those infamous words of gamer wisdom - "Don't get greedy" lol. You'll be fine.

Edit: The Miranda fight is no joke.

Murderer Enshrined

I have to admit, that is one of my problems. I get greedy, VERY greedy. I want to clear the entire area of enemies and take all the money and other little Knick-knacks that they drop when they die. And then, once I've secured the area of enemies, I proceed to clear the entire area of any ammo and trinkets I can find. Anything I don't see as useful for myself I simply plan on selling when I run into the merchant. Often, I get sidetracked by that sort of behavior and I end up getting killed.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I have to admit, that is one of my problems. I get greedy, VERY greedy. I want to clear the entire area of enemies and take all the money and other little Knick-knacks that they drop when they die. And then, once I've secured the area of enemies, I proceed to clear the entire area of any ammo and trinkets I can find. Anything I don't see as useful for myself I simply plan on selling when I run into the merchant. Often, I get sidetracked by that sort of behavior and I end up getting killed.
I usually save the money/points grinding for easier difficulties because I figure why torture myself if I don't have to? And when it comes to something like VoS or RE3 remake Inferno, I like to get that hell over with as soon as humanly possible. Ironically I beat Inferno with a faster time than any of the other difficulties of I remember correctly. I might be masochistic enough to play these harder difficulties but not to the extent that I want to prolong it for ages lol.

Mr.R

Soldat Eins
Soldat Zwei
Soldat Jet
Soldat Panzer

Chris part in VoS is tough, but at least the game acknowledges that. Chris can take way more hits than Ethan on VoS and the enemies resistance didn't changed too much, except by the big guy in the end. Just save your grenades for the times you really need them.

As for the robotic enemies in Heisenberg's factory...are you hitting them in their red glowing weak point? Because I don't remember them having that much health, especially when being shot with a magnum.

Murderer Enshrined

Yes, I finally figured that out. I should've already known that. But it took some time. I'm not that fast, bright or sharp. I know I'm not the sharpest bulb in the box, or the brightest tool in the shed. I spent a lot of time drinking pot and smoking beer. And I know it shouldn't be considered rocket surgery. But, yeah. I noticed those red glowing things that are sometimes on their fronts and sometimes on their backs.

I'm actually battling Heisenberg right now. I see the red glowing things on him, too. I guess that's considered the fleshy part of him, meaning his weak points. But this is going to take some time. This guy just has overlap health to the extreme. I just really don't like the fact that they don't let me use any of the health aid I've collected throughout the game. I worked hard for those. And now that I need them the most, I'm not allowed to use them. What's the point? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Murderer Enshrined

Ok, I don't know where else to post this, so I'm going to post it here.

Btw, I've not beaten Heisenberg yet. I've got a save right before the battle with Heisenberg, and I'm not going to save over it. So, I'll keep trying. But, for now, just wanted to point something out.

This:

resident-evil-village-daughter-bela-dimitrescu.jpg

Why is it a vampire has straight teeth? No fangs? That doesn't make any sense. But, ok. Whatever.

Not trying to diss the game or the actress. I still like the game. And I'm pretty sure everyone who posts at this board already knows that voice actress Jeanette Maus died at the age of 39 following an eight-month long battle with colon cancer. Sad. Too young to die. And so talented and pretty, too.

R.I.P. Jeanette

SpaceOwlHoot

I don't think the daughters are supposed to be vampires... in the traditional sense, at least.

Although its obvious this is what they were based on.

Last edited:

Mr.R

They're not "vampires" in the folklorical sense of the word. They look like it, but RE doesn't have magic, only pseudo-science. Alcina needs blood because of a disease, so she drinks it. But from what the game implies her daughters just devours they prey. They eat them.

Murderer Enshrined

I love vampires, especially in video games. So, please. Don't sell vampires short to me.

This is one of my most favorite scenes regarding vampires in videos games.

Top Bottom