• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 I dont know if this is worth a thread but...

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
this has been kind if bothering me a bit since RE5. Why haven't they animated/ mo-capped the characters mouth to what they are saying when in-game conversations are taking place? For example:

When Chris says: "Come On" and his mouth is still moving after he says it makes me think why is this so?

Capcom has said Resident Evil 6 is supposed to have a seamless conversation system. I don't want to here Leon go" Helena we need to go the other way" to Helena why his mouth is not matching what he's saying and it look like he's mumbling. Ive watched the Re6 E3 demos and it looks like this is still in. Anyone know a reason why it is like this in RE5 and most likely RE6?

Jay

K.I.N.G.
In RE5 anytime I watch Chris talk his mouth followed his words. I always pay attention to whether characters mouth flows with what they're saying. If that is indeed in the RE6 demos I'm sure it'll get corrected. Its still in development.

tharsheblows

In RE5 anytime I watch Chris talk his mouth followed his words. I always pay attention to whether characters mouth flows with what they're saying. If that is indeed in the RE6 demos I'm sure it'll get corrected. Its still in development.

I also pay attention as well and they don't. I'm about to post a youtube video to show you what I'm talking about. I hope this works this id my fist time doing this.

[media]

I hope this works. Watch the very beginning of this video.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I could be wrong but it could be done like what happened to Sonic Adventure...And when it was recorded in the original Japanese it DID flow correctly, but when translated to America that's not that case...Because I do SOMEWHAT notice what you're talking about, but when you compare it to RE4, that problem isn't there...RE4 was developed here in America...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I also pay attention as well and they don't. I'm about to post a youtube video to show you what I'm talking about. I hope this works this id my fist time doing this.

[media]

I hope this works. Watch the very beginning of this video.
Ok wtf moments at 1:52, 2:01, 2:43, 3:55, 4:22, 5:03, 5:37, 8:51. That game must have been modded because none of that happens in the PS3 version. Everyone's words sync with their mouth and there's definitely no glitches like those.

tharsheblows

Ok wtf moments at 1:52, 2:01, 2:43, 3:55, 4:22, 5:03, 5:37, 8:51. That game must have been modded because none of that happens in the PS3 version. Everyone's words sync with their mouth and there's definitely no glitches like those.

Yeah, that happens because the game is probably recorded in japanese first and then voiced over.

So I'm guessing we will never have an English motion/animation for this?

I have the PS3 version and it is like this on both consoles/PC.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I have the PS3 version and it is like this on both consoles/PC.

That is one messed up game then. I know people on PC's use mods, but for that to be in consoles is terrible. None of that has ever happened to me. Capcom has 600 people working on RE6 and its their biggest RE title. The characters mouths will sync.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That is one messed up game then. I know people on PC's use mods, but for that to be in consoles is terrible. None of that has ever happened to me. Capcom has 600 people working on RE6 and its their biggest RE title. The characters mouths will sync.
Isn't it their biggest project EVER...Not just RE...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, you're right. I checked and its their biggest game production ever to date. Could've sworn I saw it was just their biggest RE production.
If this is their biggest production ever, it's no wonder why it got so much attention at E3...When you think about it, it really did...It had nearly as much, if not MORE coverage than even Halo 4...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
If this is their biggest production ever, it's no wonder why it got so much attention at E3...When you think about it, it really did...It had nearly as much, if not MORE coverage than even Halo 4...

Capcom really fueling this game up to be big as possible. They revealed several new info and game mechanics. I'm even seeing commercials for it on tv already lol.

tharsheblows

Capcom really fueling this game up to be big as possible. They revealed several new info and game mechanics. I'm even seeing commercials for it on tv already lol.

I haven't seen a commercial for it but I'm telling you that I saw the exact same thing w/ the lip sync in the RE6 demos, I'll look to see if I can find the video. If they brought this demo at e3 wouldn't it be the most up-to-date version as possible? It seems like the in game voice talking would most likely be the same for RE6.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I haven't seen a commercial for it but I'm telling you that I saw the exact same thing w/ the lip sync in the RE6 demos, I'll look to see if I can find the video. If they brought this demo at e3 wouldn't it be the most up-to-date version as possible? It seems like the in game voice talking would most likely be the same for RE6.

Capcom wouldn't allow such bad lip sync to slip away unnoticed. I have no clue what happened in that video you showed us. If you can find the RE6 video you think you saw it in post it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It could be a simple case of the audio not syncing up with the video on whatever device he's watching it on...

tharsheblows

Capcom wouldn't allow such bad lip sync to slip away unnoticed. I have no clue what happened in that video you showed us. If you can find the RE6 video you think you saw it in post it.

The video I have is too dark but I can see it I dont know if you can do you still want to me to post it. I t isnt the best example of what I'm trying to show you.

It could be a simple case of the audio not syncing up with the video on whatever device he's watching it on...

This is definitely not the case. I see this everytime I play the game and in youtube videos.

tharsheblows

I found a better video directly from capcom stream and it is great quality so that you can clearly see the talking sync. It's not youtube so I'll post the link: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/320478467

Under the video player there is a video section. Click on it an go to around 4:53 -5:02 and 10:00- 10:05 this one maybe a little hard to see but its off there too. I suggest watching the link that I posted in full screen.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I found a better video directly from capcom stream and it is great quality so that you can clearly see the talking sync. It's not youtube so I'll post the link: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/320478467

Under the video player there is a video section. Click on it an go to around 4:53 -5:02 and 10:00- 10:05 this one maybe a little hard to see but its off there too. I suggest watching the link that I posted in full screen.

At 4:53 - 5:02 Leon was a millisecond off and that other guy you could tell was behind a good half second.
Its not a big issue. Maybe it'll get fixed before its final release.

tharsheblows

At 4:53 - 5:02 Leon was a millisecond off and that other guy you could tell was behind a good half second.
Its not a big issue. Maybe it'll get fixed before its final release.

It's not something that I look for but I cant help but not notice every time I play the game. Maybe because the animations are lacking expression here is another vid:

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Take a look at :50 when Jill says Sheva. Doesn't match at all

Edit: Now that I've watched it again. NOTHING IS IN SYNC with each other. This should really be looked into by Capcom because MOST likely this will be in judging by the E3 vid. Release is not that far away

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I
It's not something that I look for but I cant help but not notice every time I play the game. Maybe because the animations are lacking expression here is another vid:

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Take a look at :50 when Jill says Sheva. Doesn't match at all

Edit: Now that I've watched it again. NOTHING IS IN SYNC with each other. This should really be looked into by Capcom because MOST likely this will be in judging by the E3 vid. Release is not that far away
If it's a mod I don't understand why you're bringing it up...It's not part of the real game..

Top Bottom