• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 I dont know if this is worth a thread but...

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
I
If it's a mod I don't understand why you're bringing it up...It's not part of the real game..

yeah but this is: [YOUTUBE]
YOUTUBE]

This is exactly what happens if you stick in the civilian checkpoint for a while. The first video I posted is directly from the XBOX 360. I would hope that this feature is improved upon in RE6 but judging by the E3 video, I highly doubt it but you never know it could. You can easily check the ingame conversations on your game and see exactly what I'm talking about. RE6 is a AAA title and I believe this should be a somewhat mandatory feature that the ingame sequences/ convos should match with the speech of the character instead of the mumbling that you see in the videos especially sense they are very serious on having seamless conversations this year, this is not an RPG and we are not in the year 2000. Is this a make or break for me to but this game? NO. Should it be improved upon? YES.

Edit: Video should work now.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think there are more important stuff then mouth synch, like AI, errors in cover system, bugs, etc.
Probably their mouths are perfectly synchronized with the japanese voices so they'd have to get english phrases to fit their mouth movements, which might not be easy.
However it's normal that a game has mouth synch problems if it's not in the original language so just forget about it.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
I think there are more important stuff then mouth synch, like AI, errors in cover system, bugs, etc.
Probably their mouths are perfectly synchronized with the japanese voices so they'd have to get english phrases to fit their mouth movements, which might not be easy.
However it's normal that a game has mouth synch problems if it's not in the original language so just forget about it.

You are absolutely correct with everything that you stated above but I don't agree with forgetting about it. If it can be improved, then by all means do so (Capcom).

I could be totaly wrong, but I don't think they're even dubbed in Japanese at all. And I usually find stuff like this. I saw a few Tokyo Game Show trailers aired there for DMC and I think RE as well. It is always in English with Japanese subtitles. If they voice them in Japanese first why wouldn't they air their own dub in their own country?

Maybe it's just something the developers didn't want to be bothered with. :confused: Or a console error?

If I recall capcom dosen't use Jap. dubs for their games anymore. Nowadays their games are fully dubbed in english, then subbed in Japanese. I think that's why there's a 2 day release delay in Japan.

Top Bottom