• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How would you receive a fan-made RE 2D game?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Well, I didn't major in liberal arts for nothing. I can be a voice actor if you'd like. I've done it before for local commercials and I can memorize a script in less than a week. If it's a short script it will take less than a day. :) I'm also working on ideas for the storyline with Agent Zero. I'd love to share once we have a good solid idea.
Well I love the ideas your giving me
I think its coming along great!

CrashOkami

The Survivor
That's very delighting to hear, one of the first thing I was worried about when I considered the 3D route was voice acting. I could provide voices, but my accent needs some improvement, it sometimes goes off its rails and you could understand I ain't a native speaker. Would love to hear your ideas when you're done! :)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
That's very delighting to hear, one of the first thing I was worried about when I considered the 3D route was voice acting. I could provide voices, but my accent needs some improvement, it sometimes goes off its rails and you could understand I ain't a native speaker. Would love to hear your ideas when you're done! :)

I will probably write out a bit of a script by tonight and see what you think. :) I also have an American accent so I can play whichever female character you'd like, including more than one. ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I also have a bit of experience with acting if you need male VA's...I'm American as well...

CrashOkami

The Survivor
I don't know if you're familiar with "Greek accent". I can't quite explain how it sounds, I would say it's a bit "barebones" when I lose concentration. Something like Scarface, but of course not that extreme.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't know if you're familiar with "Greek accent". I can't quite explain how it sounds, I would say it's a bit "barebones" when I lose concentration. Something like Scarface, but of course not that extreme.
I had a Greed friend...So I'm somewhat familiar...

AgentZero

I have heard your voice unless there is some kinda words that sound really off I dont think any Americans will have to much trouble hearing your accent

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Yes it's not bad, I've worked on it, but I think I can't take any "American" or "British" roles, for example, because those accents are more refined than mine.

AgentZero

Most americans cant I think some actors and stuff know because they must

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
As an actress I've learned Cockney, and the proper British accent. It's not that hard really, all you have to do is make a country accent here in America a bit faster and then it turns into a cockney accent. Then, with the proper british... Just make a southern accent a bit faster and change a few things here and there and vuala! You've got an English accent. :p

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
As an actress I've learned Cockney, and the proper British accent. It's not that hard really, all you have to do is make a country accent here in America a bit faster and then it turns into a cockney accent. Then, with the proper british... Just make a southern accent a bit faster and change a few things here and there and vuala! You've got an English accent. :p
The biggest problem I have with accents is sometimes when I have to use Brooklyn accents they turn British lol...The two a very similar...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Aha, Well that's what we were taught in acting... Kind of like the royal family and their accent. Or Margaret Thatcher, her accent is the easiest IMO. :p
To be fair if you meet someone in the UK with an accent like that, it's best to steer clear because they're about to get beaten up at any moment.

It made me laugh when some TV channels over in the US had to have either subtitles or an interpreter when faced with a strong Northern accent - case in point was when Liam Gallagher from the band Oasis was speaking in an interview and no one knew what he was saying. Goodness knows how anyone outside of the UK manages a broad Scouse or Geordie accent...we have enough trouble deciphering it over here ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
To be fair if you meet someone in the UK with an accent like that, it's best to steer clear because they're about to get beaten up at any moment.

It made me laugh when some TV channels over in the US had to have either subtitles or an interpreter when faced with a strong Northern accent - case in point was when Liam Gallagher from the band Oasis was speaking in an interview and no one knew what he was saying. Goodness knows how anyone outside of the UK manages a broad Scouse or Geordie accent...we have enough trouble deciphering it over here ;)
Maybe you just have to be used to it...Because I can understand Liam Gallagher (If you're talking about the interview on Hoppus on Music) and Ozzy Osbourne (Who granted is German, but it's the same idea) with no problem...But a lot of the tunes I listen to are by European bands...So perhaps it's just something you learn over time...

Top Bottom