• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake How would you fix the Resident Evil 3 Remake?

ChainsawCommando

I'd make it so that there would be an expanded Uptown region with the start of the game with Nemesis chasing Jill around and Jill in the RPD. Add multiple stores and apartments to hide in. Expanded downtown with a new City Hall area past the Pharmacy. Clock tower area where Jill fights Nemesis atop it before exiting across the bridge and the game plays out normally albiet with tentacle Nemesis outside the Clock Tower. Jill needs a key from the Dead Factory to get into NEST 2 and must cross the Park where she'll fight the Grave Digger and get a double-barrel shotgun. Gets NEST 2 key in Dead Factory where she fights Tentacle Nemesis and forces it to mutate a second time. Scope mod for burst pistol. Mercenaries minigame.

Bill it as, "Resident Evil 3: Director's Cut"

Billy Coen

* Clock Tower - come on, it's one of the most, if not the most, iconic(s) place(s) of the original RE3 (the RPD doesn't count since it was featured in RE2, where you fully explored it, unlike in the original RE3, where you only explore a bit of it), not being able to explore it in the remake was one of the most disappointing things of this game.

* Dario Rosso - yes, he's present in the remake, but you only see him once, for less than a minute and his fate is uncertain because after you leave the warehouse you cannot acess that area again. I like his backstory in the original (his dream of being writer which was not encouraged by his mom), it would be cool if he had a bigger role in the remake, even, why not, following Jill to the RPD.

* Warehouse - just like in the original, the warehouse would be a safe area (or at least it was thought to be...) with a save room. The one in the remake is just a place you pass though in order to reach the helicopter, you never go back there, it doesn't even have a roof.

* RPD - yes, it's present in the remake, you explore it, but Carlos is the one that navigates in it's interior, not Jill, unlike in the original. This should have been Jill's scenario because that was her workplace, just imagine the nostalgic comments that she could say while you were exploring it. Another disappointing thing of this remake.

* Nemesis - less scripted and with more random encounters, specially on harder dificulties. I would also make him appear later in the game, just like in the original. In this remake he appears too soon, ruining the suspence of the original, where Brad tells you know that there's something after the STARS, but you only face it for the first time in the RPD.

* Park and Factory - I dislike the fact that these scenarions were replaced by NEST 2 in the remake, not only because I like the park and the factory, but also because NEST 2 doesn't offer anything of diferent to the game, because RE2 (2009) already had a similar NEST, so it felt more of the same.

* Less linear street map - just like in the original, you would have multiple paths to choose, enriching the gameplay and the replay value. The city would be creepier with many civilians still alive and you would interact with some of them.

These points are the first ones that come to mind when it comes to what would I fix in the RE3 Remake, if other things pop up in my mind I'll update this thread.

Top Bottom