• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 How will YOU play?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
So, I've seen lots of people throughout the internet talking about playing through this game on co-op and was curious; Will you play the story mode solo or co-op first?

Personally, I'll be playing solo first. I like to have the singular experience of a game first, then see how others play and adapt to suit a team/duo. I'll also be avoiding Mercenaries mode until I've beaten the campaign (mostly to avoid jerks spoiling it on their mics).

23 days to go... :|

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Depends on whether or not I even find someone to play with. In theory I have three people who will play RE6 on PC just like me, but in practice I don't know if the first one will get the game in time, the second one doesn't get Windows Live to work for whatever reason, and the third one lives where the crows fly backwards and has a very unstable internet connection. So despite having three possible co-op partners, I'd say chances are 50:50. I myself don't really have a preference, I don't care if my first playthrough will be solo or co-op, however I won't play with strangers, I won't allow Agent Hunt and I don't want a partner who has beaten the game before and already knows where to go and what will happen.

As for Mercenaries, I'll probably ignore it until I've beaten all four campaigns because I know from past experiences that I'm usually not interested in mini-games until I'm fed up with Story Mode for a while. I also suck at Mercenaries, so I'll have to wait for a fan-made cheating device to turn my character immortal anyway. (That's one of the advantages of playing on PC. :D )

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
Nope, I'm playing co-op all the way. I will also play mercenaries after I've played a good amount of my first campaign or until I've completed it in its entirety. At one time, I thought about jumping straight into mercs since I loved it in 5 and that it is more than two players (supposedly) now but I'm not going to do it. This would've been my first game where I chose to play an online mode 1st over the story. It's just so much better playing a game with someone than by yourself imo.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
When I played RE5 I played it solo first, but that was before my sister got into Resident Evil so I will probably play local co-op first. RE5 was much more enjoyable co-op and I expect it will be the case with this game as well.
Then after I have completed it with her, I think I will play solo using the lone wolf thing. I will probably leave mercinaries until after as well

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Definitely solo first, you can soak up the atmosphere better and get more involved with the story, take in every single bit of the experience. I always solo play and replay the game loads of times, so I get the full experience.

Vivica Kang

Mushroom Kingdom- Community Relations Department
Me and my twin will be co-op through the first walkthrough! We want to know what's going to happen!!

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I'll probaly go in solo with it open to friends so my good friends from XBL can jump in but no randoms!!!
I'v got the week off so will probaly pull an all nighter on the first day going straight into Leon's campaign as well.
I cant decide whether to rush through the game on normal difficulty or play the advanced or the highest available, im gunna have to redo on professional anyway so may as well do normal and get as much skill points and unlocks i can for mercenaries in the short space of time! they reckon its 15 hours a campaign so about 60 approx if your exploring a lot. finishing all 3 campaigns in a week will be quite hard i reckon, plus want to get stuck into mercenaries!!!

Howard

Hero of the alspark
I'm gonna play online with somebody, just hope they don't run into the fight and get a fatality preformed on themselves.

Tyrant-Cenobite

You'll be Enthralled...
To start with, I'll be playing Solo so I know the game ready for Online Co-op.

Start with Leon - Chapter 1 then Chris, Chapter 1 then Jake Chapter 1 and so forth.

Once that's done, it's some Mercs and other modes then finally onto the one I'm waiting for most. Ada's campaign!

Top Bottom