• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to avoid an email virus or a pop up virus (as in error message)

L

Lurker
Okay guys i was just almost infected with an email virus. This is a glimpse of what i saw in an error message the came up (i only looked for 2 seconds)

"Your computer is infested with malware and viruses. In order to get off of these, please download Windows 360 Anti-Virus..."
why i put the dots is as i pointed it was a glimpse.

First of all, the reason i opened this email is it was forwarded to me from a friend i guess who was infected and the virus automatically forwarded and changed the subject.

you may be wondering how i escaped this (Desktop computer only) the way i did it was as soon as i saw that i cut all power to my computer so i just went down there and flicked the power strip off. Also you may say i still have the virus. No virus that alerts you can download into your computer on time. and when i mean any i mean any. Trojan horse, Bill gates, George Bush, anything. (yes there are viruses called Bill Gates and George Bush) this was a quick thing i wrote to protect you from no-lifes.

One last thing, that antivirus automatically installed on my moms computer, its a virus.

Hoady

I had that thing my little bro accidently got it, it was a virus fake alert and it got so damn annoying it kept blocking my pages on internet explorer saying i need to download the 360 virus protection and i couldn't open my documents/computer either because of it.

So i kinda half fixed it but it still made **** pop up so i got mozilla firefox and got rid of internet explorer, the my documents just randomly worked one day.

L

Lurker
yeah mozilla is best. also 360 if you download it it will change your desktop nd it pops up at random times to add viruses to your comp

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
if its a desktop virus, and you got the thing in the taskbar, like a red circle with a cross in it, flashing saying download this etc..or if theres things in your taskbar that shouldnt be like what i just said, try downloading "smitfraudfix" beast of a prog to get rid of that kinda stuff.
or trying using malwarebytes anti malware, that'll scan your registry for internal viruses, everything else can be gotten rid of using regular anti virus, Oh and try spy bot remover, thats really good.

L

Lurker
i use mcafee it has all the non-virus anti viruses and stuff mixed in to do the best it can. also, upona little research you can stop this virus by going to the task manager going to processes and ending the process jucheck.exe

aintnoscrub

Premium
just ending the process like that isnt a sure thing, it will boot again on your next startup..
use msconfig in the run menu to completely shut a process down like that.

mcafee is good, but its not the best, theres far more anti virus that are better, usually the commercial ones dont do the trick, its the less popular ones, that you dont have to pay for that are actually the best, and if your infected, usually one program alone isnt enough to completely rid your system of whatever it had.
spybot, webroot, kaspersky there all top progs to use.

L

Lurker
i found out i had this virus but it was a time bomb type.

what i did was it was gaining kb and gb like a trojan and it was attached on my second hardrive so i blew that one out. only could hold 19 gb anyway.

aintnoscrub

Premium
what exactly were you downloading/browsing to get this "time bomb virus"
and you cant have good protection, if it was allowed to get this far.

L

Lurker
well i was looking through my email. and i saw one from a friend that said hi so i opened it and la. and my antivirus or mozilla couldnt act cause when i opened the email it did not open it it just came up with that on a white page and voila.

aintnoscrub

Premium
try using AVG8, in the event of that happening again, it will warn you as you click on email, and you can terminate the email before it gets opened with AVG

Top Bottom