• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 How long have you played Resident Evil 4?

Ronman

Hey everyone i was just wondering how long all of you have been playing RE4. Ive been playing on and off for about 2 years.

Ronman

[quote author=dark_zero link=topic=309.msg6911#msg6911 date=1211858862]
over 3 yrs
[/quote]

Wow thats a long time. You must be like an expert, lol.

dark_zero

somewhat lol the controls on pc are harder though lol im still having trouble i might just go buy an xbox 360 controller to hook up to the pc

Ann_39

When I first came to know about Resident Evil 4, I watched as the game being played. That was in 2005. I'm Spanish (from Spain), so I understood everything that was in Spanish. And my surname is Salazar hahaha! The last time I played RE 4 was last year.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
By inspecting time stamps on my game files it looks like I started playing RE4 in March 2009 and played it for a little over two years. But I do see traces of activity as late as October 2013.

That's four and a half years, but I did have some very long breaks from RE4 during that time period.

Wesker90

Played it for most of 2009 when I owned my first copy but I started it in early 2007 through hire, Too good of a game to pass up, Hell i even went out of my way to purchase a brand new North American cover version because I liked the look so much.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I bought it immediately when it was released for GameCube and played it for years. I stopped after getting the handcannon. It's probably been several years since I played it.

1995umk3

After I beat it I couldn't play it again because it gave me bad motion sickness. I think after 2-3 months I was done. It's a GREAT game though for shure and I miss it.

I saw a fixed camera angle mod for RE4 and that 1 looks like I can play it even if it makes RE4 look less epic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Played it for about well 15 years maby? XD
I played it first on ps2 and replayed it many many many times, than on pc whit many mods, than on wii, than on ps3, than on my iPhone and than on ps4... I replayed it just a month ago so i guess i have more than 5000 hour om it or more who knows

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yep - 15 years. I didn't have a Gamecube when it came out, but when I saw a friend play it - I KNEW I needed it.

I literally bought a Gamecube to play RE4, RE0, and REmake. And eventually I played some Nintendo style games too. haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I bought it on release day (for GC) and stopped playing it a handful of years ago and I don't feel like thinking about how old I am lol. I played it a lot, especially when I was grinding Mercs for all those 5 star ranks to get the Handcannon.

Steve Wonda

I had known about RE4 since around it's release and because I had a few friends who were huge RE addicts. Around Christmas 2007 I purchased a used Wii from a friend of a friend that came with about 20 games. I started trying the games out and most were **** to me, I was starting to regret buying it. Mario Galaxy was great, but then i decided to try RE4. I played it religiously, every morning, sometimes before coffee. That game would really get me hyped. I don't even know how many time I played the Mercs mode. Prob not as many as RE5's Mercs but certainly near 1,000 times easy. At that point in time that game became my favorite game ever. Since then I've purchased it for PS2, PC, Xbox 360, and not too long ago PS4. I even had a version of it on a jailbroken iPod Touch I think. That was the RE that really got me into them.

The only reason I ended up here at residentevil.org is because of that game. When I found that rare RE1 game that I started a thred about here I wouldn't have payed much attention to it, but since I loved the franchise so much I noticed it seemed odd. So yup, RE4 brought me here!

Awebb

I literally bought a Gamecube to play RE4, RE0, and REmake. And eventually I played some Nintendo style games too. haha

Same here minus the Nintendo games. For some reason I wasn't into either Metroid or Zelda back then. I never really had a Nintendo console before, so maybe that was the problem.

Three RE games, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes and really not enough hours played on that device... I don't know what was wrong with me back then. I also hated the gamepad.

Billy Coen

I finished this game a million times. First bought it right after it's release for the Sony PS2: October 2005.

I have the already mentioned PS2 version, plus the Wii one, and the Game Cube in Dolphin emulator.

Top Bottom