• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 How do you transfer saved game data to the Gold Edition?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
You'll have to excuse me because I'm a bit technologically impaired... but how in the world do you transfer old RE 5 game data to the Gold Edition for the PS3? For the life of me I can't seem to load any of my old data... any help is much appreciated. :)

And watch, it'll end up being so easy... :p

We Are Ninja

I haven't bought the gold edition yet... :(

Is your PS3 online? Do you have the most recent updates for the game? As I recall, just before the first wave of DLC came out, there was a sizable update that made several changes including an "extra" figure screen and new menu options for LIN and DE...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
No, I'm not online. I think I do have the most recent updates for the game, it made me go through it during installation. For some reason, there's no menu for either LIN or DE - there's one for bonus content but it appears it can't be accessed until after the main game has been played through, although it should all be there once my original game data has been transferred. I just don't have the flippin' time to go through the main game again right now.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Have you checked the instructions for the game. Because from what I am reading it has the information inside the instruction book for the game.

We Are Ninja

La Femme Fatale;71224 said:
No, I'm not online. I think I do have the most recent updates for the game, it made me go through it during installation. For some reason, there's no menu for either LIN or DE - there's one for bonus content but it appears it can't be accessed until after the main game has been played through, although it should all be there once my original game data has been transferred. I just don't have the flippin' time to go through the main game again right now.

That's odd, those were available for me (after the update) before the DLC was even released. Has your PS3 been online at all since you've gotten RE5 or since the DLC was available? If not, and your old game/gamesave was never updated, that could be why your orginal game and gold edition won't sync up; they don't match. It sounds to me like your old save is missing some information from the forced update they did a little while back...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'm not online at all - never been, actually. That's probably the problem... and yeah, I checked the instruction booklet. It still doesn't work. This blows.

We Are Ninja

^Yah, I'd bet money that's your problem. There was a mandatory download that made your old save compatible...

Do you have a friend with a high speed connection at their house that you can lug your PS3 over too? You'll have to set up a PSN account (which is quick and painless as long as you've got a credit card). You'll have to sit through system updates. Then pop in the RE5 disc, the old one, it'll run the update, and the RE5 Gold disc should work with your save after that...

Wesker_xSTARSx

Well, my dear Femme Fatale... Either you need to get online for an update that might or might not be the situation... or it could be that the two versions read as two complete seperate games and cannot use eachother's game save files. Which is what happened to me on my 360 when I rented and played Ultimate Alliance then bought the Platinum Special Edition and couldn't use any of my saves or get any achievements thereafter.

Top Bottom