• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) How do you play the game??~~~

Hollow-Words

Why don't you tell us how you play the game, and what's your strategies to beating the game and surviving~~~

I can't save so...I can't really go too far =.= all I know is that, you dont' have to fight all the zombies and that dead police corpse have ammo in them. I usually just use "R1, square X 10" if you know what I mean so yeah...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
don't use the infinite ammo cheat, you don't need to , plus it lowers your rank, going through the whole game is a breeze trust me.

if you can't save, best go for a speedrun then, avoid every zombie at possible at all times, run around them, lure them into a corner then dash around them.
spiders look scarey but, just keep running, you only meet them like twice.
against birkin on the moving train bit, only shoot him till he goes down on one knee, then you can go inside, and not have to fight anymore.
against the giant croc, don't shoot to kill, back track abit, knock the canister off the wall, wait till he comes round, once its in his mouth, *bang* and he explodes.

if you want a decent rank, don't use first aid spray, and when you have the choice of mini gun or back pack/extra spaces pack, choose the second, the mini g lowers your end rank.
thats all i can think of atm.

L Kennedy

you can pick up both mini gun and back pack/extra spaces pack if you like. Since you can't save you dont have to leave one for the B senario.

Before you came to the police station you dont have to kill any zombies, just run around them. If you dont pick up anything on the way to the police station and play normal, you can get a special key to the locker in the room before the dark room.

loathsbane

personally i don't save ever, and never use first aids. they will destroy your scores face. so picking up f-aids and ink ribbons is a no go. other than that, it's not really all that hard. even if you do a regular run through, it's not very hard. just make sure your cd and playstation is in good condition. there is nothing more frustrating then almost beating the game and it freezes on you. you don't have to avoid every enemy either, though i must admit i've been playing this series since it first dawned. and i still play the old school games to this day.

jb08123

my advice wud b 2 only use the powerful weapons on bosses u hav 2 fight eg. William G.
Also run frum strong ememies like lickers and Mr.X because it conserves ammo. Even the Tyrant Mr.X u just have to avoid long enough 4 Ada 2 toss u the rocket launcher.
My final point is in the police station, DO NOT forget anything 'cause u don't wanna hav 2 back-track.

Hoady

L Kennedy;22492 said:
If you dont pick up anything on the way to the police station and play normal, you can get a special key to the locker in the room before the dark room.

I was wondering what that locker was about"This locker requires a special key to open it"where do you collect the special key from?

L Kennedy

Hoady;40830 said:
I was wondering what that locker was about"This locker requires a special key to open it"where do you collect the special key from?

from zombie Brad Vickers outside the policestation and down the stairs on right or left side.. near the main entrance

L

Lurker
Hollow-Words;22466 said:
Why don't you tell us how you play the game, and what's your strategies to beating the game and surviving~~~

I can't save so...I can't really go too far =.= all I know is that, you dont' have to fight all the zombies and that dead police corpse have ammo in them. I usually just use "R1, square X 10" if you know what I mean so yeah...

My part on you is dont pick up the shotgun or bowgun twice since its possible.

Next, dont use the gattling gun, rockets, or sub machine gun.

Then dont use custom weapon parts and save your magnum til the end of the game... you will need it.

Next, dont waste time. if you want a speed run you better check out a guide. http://www.gamespot.com/features/vgs/psx/residentevil2/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gameguides&tag=gameguide;onlineguide;1

ResidentZelda

This may not be a survival tip but is one that I found ( I don't know about you guys)
If you think that you can't get the special costume from the special locker in game B well I found out that if you go back all the way to the entrance of the Police station and you go down the stairs there's Brad Vickers Zombie!(but it has to be in Normal mode tough) and there's also a note from him taht is really depressing if you ask me
and I put the spoiler tag because some people don't know what is in that locker yet

Hollow-Words

L Kennedy;41102 said:
from zombie Brad Vickers outside the policestation and down the stairs on right or left side.. near the main entrance

thanks guys =]~~~

Though I didn't get to finish the game and I gotta leave =p~~~
I think I stopped resident Evil 2 cause of Resident Evil 5 xp~~~

Well thanks for the advice~~~

And in order to grab the key you need to not pick up anything and I mean anything from your way to the police station, I tried picking up ammo and he's gone~~~

But sometimes he's gone even if I don't pick up anything =s~~~

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Beware of zombie Brad, apparently he's a bit harder to kill than regular zombies since he is infected with the T-Virus and the NE-T Virus

Hollow-Words

And try not to shoot his leg cause he'd fall like other zombies infront of you and start munching on your toes =p~~~

And when he's on the floor and you're out of rounds, just knife him~~~

Popo

i never finished with other outfits, the only reason i ever played the game in normal was to see what was inside that locker lol

Hollow-Words

The outfits makes Leon shoot differently~~~
not sure about Claire though...~~~
the costumes makes me feel better xD~~~

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
ResidentZelda;45561 said:
This may not be a survival tip but is one that I found ( I don't know about you guys)
If you think that you can't get the special costume from the special locker in game B well I found out that if you go back all the way to the entrance of the Police station and you go down the stairs there's Brad Vickers Zombie!(but it has to be in Normal mode tough) and there's also a note from him taht is really depressing if you ask me
and I put the spoiler tag because some people don't know what is in that locker yet

Whats the note say? I never noticed it.

Hollow-Words

Haha I don't either...well I wouldn't know even if I do cause my game is in Japanese and if you're regarding what his spoiler note is about then it's just he doesn't wanna spoil the costume part for people that doesn't know the game well~~~

Top Bottom