• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) How do I unlock Expert/Nightmare

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
I just learned through a youtube video that the Arranged mode has unlockable difficulties but I can't find out how to unlock them on google. Someone asking the same question says they got a B rank and it didn't unlock Expert, but no one answered them. If they start you off with a sub machine gun with infinite ammo how are you supposed to get an A rank?

TheMixedHerb

別れ.
Hard/Nightmare are the same thing, Hard mode is PC version only and Nightmare is only on the Dreamcast version, I don't know how you actually unlock them but I assume you just need to finish it on Normal. The PS and GC versions don't have this difficulty, which is a shame because I'd love to try it out.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Hard/Nightmare are the same thing, Hard mode is PC version only and Nightmare is only on the Dreamcast version, I don't know how you actually unlock them but I assume you just need to finish it on Normal. The PS and GC versions don't have this difficulty, which is a shame because I'd love to try it out.

Well I have the dual shock version from the playstation store. It has the arranged mode with Rookie as the only option of difficulty so I assume there is a way to unlock the Expert and Nightmare difficulties. I never cared to play through the arranged mode though because you get infinite ammo and I like to find and conserve my ammo. But if there are harder difficulties I would like to try them. So do I need to get an A rank or is there another requirement? To get an A rank I would have to get to the STARS office to get a new gun without shooting my infinite ammo guns. Right?

TheMixedHerb

別れ.
You can't get the Hard/Nightmare mode on the Playstation or Gamecube versions, it doesn't exist. The only Arranged mode you can play is Rookie, sadly. Though I think it counts the minigames as arranged data.

TheMixedHerb

別れ.
Arrange is the main category, the difficulties are sub categories. Hence, Arrange > Rookie is there, but Arrange > Hard/Nightmare isn't there.

T-Vaccinated Kid

That sucks. My dualshock version has no Easy or Hard option. Just normal and Rookie. Why do I need to play Rookie when I get through normal so easily? I was looking forward to another reason to play through RE2 a few more times.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Arranged and Rookie mode is on my Psp version its still the ps1 version but i got it on psp from psn store.

TheMixedHerb

別れ.
The PSN version is the Dual Shock version, I have it myself. =P
Which only has Rookie, Easy and Normal difficulties. Same with the GameCube version.

The Dreamcast and PC versions have Hard/Nightmare difficulty which is placed in the "Arrange" category, despite being called Hard/Nightmare they're pretty much the same thing. Though I think The PC version has the Biohazard layout (Rookie layout) and the Dreamcast has the Resident Evil layout (which is Normal layout). So at an educated guess the Dreamcast's version is the more difficult in terms of zombie placement at the very least.

codename: HUNK

you could try for the A ranking. I don't believe simply having a machine gun lowers your grade, I think you have to shoot it. Just get to the first trunk without shooting anything.

Top Bottom