• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hi there all RE fans, my thoughts

virre89

Hi all :)

First of all I would like to say that i am a huge Resident Evil fan and I've watched all the movies including Resident Evil Degeneration. I've also finished all the core games including Resident Evil 1 , Resident Evil 2 , Resident Evil 3 and finally Resident Evil 4. :-*

Anyway it's been awhile between each title and of course I've the main plot in my head and remember all characters etc, but to be honest i am starting to lose it. With Resident Evil 4 came a new ERA, sure they had to make something new with the next-gen and i guess the new camera system and 3d world was a step that would happen sooner or later. I do prefer the old-school style thou and it was much scarier if you ask me, still i think Resident Evil 4 did a pretty good job.

I've yet not played all the side games such as Code Veronica X or Resident Evil Zero and the remake , but I've heard great things about them and I'll check them out sooner or later.

What worries me is the story, they lost me somewhere in the 4th game, Spanish farmers with parasites? gigants and all kinda wicked things.. Sure yes this is the Resident Evil universe anything can happen but it seems somehow out of place. Nemesis and all the other special enemies in the first games felt like they still belonged in the RE universe while some things in RE 4 according to me felt very weird.

So can anyone that is an expert on the plot and everything please enlighten me what these parasites are and how the heck they got into the series :S, also where did the normal zombies and the T virus go ?

Another of my worries or thoughts as you may put it would be Resident Evil 5, the game looks absolutely stunning and awesome, but i just finished the demo for the 360 and well..

First of all, it ain't scarry at all.. the main menu still feels awesome like a real resident evil game.. and then you get into the game itself and all of a suddenly you feel like.. Pinacolada & Tequila it's summer and wopedido. I know it's just a demo and it shows very little, but i miss all the scary stuff , dark places , scripted events etc etc.. and i am sorry but i actually think that COOP ruins Resident Evil abit as well.

Secondly they've moved into the next generation so where is the ragdolls, it felt very out of place when enemies behaved abnormal after being shot and falling down from objects etc looked just weird :( Another thing about RE5 was that you lack the ability to walk/run while shooting, very frustrating worked great for the old games but now it feels odd.

I am not a whiner , i love the series i am just looking for answers from people that mightn't been involved in the RE community.

- Regards Virre

mastermind

ok to answer your first question about how RE4 falls into place it is in there cause what happens is Wesker is working on his own trying to destroy the rest of Umbralla hince Krauser's part in the game.
Umbrella wants the samples so they can expirement with the los plagas soon after they find out about it. I guess that capcom just decided that they shouldn't have zombies in this cause the T-virus is not in the hands of Saddler. It is in the hands of the remaining Umbrella scientist so that they can continue their research on it to make newer strains for RE6 or a side story or to make the last chapter for Umbrella Chronicles. Also the los plagas was a "natural resource" if you dont mind me calling it that.

Top Bottom