• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hey all; hopefully here to stay.

Foxhound3857

Hey everyone. I'm Foxhound, a furry (if you have to bash me about this, please make it in a PM and not in a public post) and an avid gamer of many genres from Guitar Hero, to Legend of Zelda, to the survival horrors Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Nice to meet you guys.

My area of knowledge as far as Resident Evil is concerned is RE3, with general knowledge in a lot of areas of the game and a specific focus on the Mercenaries, in particular Carlos and Nicholai.

These two characters fascinate me because they are both equally difficult to play, in different ways. Carlos can easily survive the run, but even if he does everything flawless he can still only end up with a B rank (the Eagle 6 is to blame for that), whereas making it to the end with Nicholai is hard as hell, but you're almost guaranteed an A rank (and/or a high cash reward) because of the amount of cash and points you get for making kills with the knife, and because of the excessive level of time you finish with (time is a big factor for Carlos).

I spent over a week (returned after a few months) training with both characters. With Carlos, it was just a matter of getting lucky, which I finally did.
Nicholai took a LOT more work, having to practice a brand new rescue layout, and tweaking my moves to the point where I have to kill very specific enemies to stay within the time limit and maintain a high score. It took several days, but I finally prevailed and got the A rank with Nicholai. WHOO!

I'm currently uploading both videos to Youtube, and I will post them in the forum when they're live. But man, finally getting that A rank with Nicholai was such a huge accomplishment for me, seeing how difficult it is to survive with Nicholai in the first place. Maybe now I'm ready for a full-blown knife run.

Done ranting. Thanks for reading this pointless intro. ;)

A_Wesker123

The Original
Welcome :D

Thats quite abit of info there. look forward to seeing you around thr forum and as i said in the PM feel free to ask me anything you want :)

RE_forumaster

hey ive never actually played silent hill but i saw someone play one of them and it seemed really cool!
Which one should I play first??!!

Top Bottom