• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Harry potter and the half blood prince

CassidyAcid

I went to go see it on Wednesday and to be honest I was a little apprehensive.
I really really didn't like Order of the Phoenix (and imo the book was waaay too long) but I really enjoyed the Half Blood Prince book.

I liked it! But I needed to pee about halfway through and that really sort of drew my attention away from *exciting* and *sad* bits D:

On people talking, it was kinda cute. There was a little girl right up the back who (after quite serious moment) went "Do do do do dooo..." xD.

I love kids sometimes.

Torque

I saw it last night, i was disappointed really. A LOT of it was changed and the most important parts and interesting parts of the book wasn't included. It dragged on way too much, the draco story felt repetitive although i guess it was necessary to be shown (I laughed when draco was walking throo the halls sneakily with a serious look on his face and then sum1 said; "is he constipated or something?").

Even some of the interesting points of the movie took quite some time to get to, perhaps too much focus on the love stories.

All in all, it was OK, but still very disappointed with it.

wpstudart

I just saw. I didn't like it. I think it could be better, in a lot of ways, but I think it wasn't a bad movie, I think people should watch just to say what they think about it :p

Hoady

aintnoscrub;49283 said:
When i went to see it, there was people behind me talking the whole way through

Solution:
airhorn_250.jpg

CassidyAcid;49285 said:
I liked it! But I needed to pee about halfway through and that really sort of drew my attention away from *exciting* and *sad* bits D:

Thats why i try not to drink in a movie, it gets really bad lol maybe i should like take emergency equipment*grabs bucket*.I haven't been to a movie since indiana jones which was pretty gay, with the harry potters i just wait for the dvds.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i would definitely recommend waiting for dvd, don't waste your money on going to see hp in the cinema lol

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Romero;49055 said:
Why do they have to wait so damn long before they run new movies in small countries? No wonder people are downloading them. Everything (movies, TV series, music albums, games etc) are often 2-9 months later in small countries.
No no, you are wrong in this case. Don't you know better? It turns out that the HBP has been on cinemas here for about a week already, or maybe more. But often it takes long time before things are released here.

Captain Courageous;49878 said:
Solution:
airhorn_250.jpg

Thats why i try not to drink in a movie, it gets really bad lol maybe i should like take emergency equipment*grabs bucket*.
Haha, that airhorn is a good solution. Maybe it's too good?

And as for the drinking/peeing problem, you just drink the bottle and then use that bottle as potty. :p

aintnoscrub;49889 said:
i would definitely recommend waiting for dvd, don't waste your money on going to see hp in the cinema lol
If the movie is worth seeing and you can afford it, cinema is never a waste of money. (Unless you have a high end home theatre worth half a million.)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i would call the cinema a waste of money, especially the food they do there, its such a rip off.
only if the films really good i would go see it, or if it had amazing reviews.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Here's my review of this... May contain spoilers so reader discretion is advised.

I LOVED this installment!
Best of the series so far!
The Quidditch game, the Infuri... Hell, the whole film was amazing!
I LOVE how the relationships are blooming now! :)
The conversation between Hermione and Harry, whilst Ron was snogging Lavander was just brilliant. "How does it feel when you see Dean with Ginny? I know Harry, I see the way you look at her". And when Hermione is comforting Ron having been poisoned and saying "Oh shut up" to harry whilst smiling was brilliant too! You always think Hermione is perfect for Harry, but when you see the films, look at how Ginny looks at Harry in the background, look at how she acts.

The effects were sensational! The mass incendio spell cast by Dumbledore against the Infuri was amazing! The aforementioned Quidditch game was just amazing! The way you see how the players fly in a formation, the camera realistically shaking... Everything was set up well!
When Bellatrix Lastrange destroys the Great Halls windows, it looks superb!
The thing I loved the most however, over the mentioned effects, was the presentation. The whole darkness from the lenses of the camera made the world feel like Harry Potter. My final point on the effects, the memories of Voldermort. The whole presentation was brilliant! The colour, the authenticity (me being a huge history nut, authenticity of a flashback to old times is a huge look out for me), and the way everything 'materialized', by ink drops was brilliant!

The acting was TOP NOTCH! I have always found Hermione (Emma Watson, who is actually a friend of one of my dads co-workers) the strongest character, and she was no different. She seemed like she was ACTUALLY upset seeing Lavander and Ron, thanks to Emma Watson's AMAZING acting. Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) was good this time around, but in the end when
he was angry with Snape having witnessed him killing Dumbledore
he didn't seem as angry as I read in the books, or as angry anyone would seem.. Dumbledore (Michael Gambon, who has a corner on a race circuit on the British T.V show, Top Gear) was fantastic, Michael actually seeming like he was in total agony in the cave. The character I was MOST impressed with, was Ginny (Bonnie Wright). She seemed so... Perfect for Harry. J.K always said that he would need someone strong enough. And she was.

Gah, I went too much on acting, hehe =)

My final point of my review: Comparison of the book to the film.

I read the book from the day it came out back in 2007. The one thing that struck me when I saw the film was the relationship between Michael Corner and Ginny being cut, which I agree on cutting, as the relationship only lasted a few pages. The other major cut being the climax. In Deathly Hallows, the book ends with a
HUGE battle between Voldermort and Harry
, so I understand the cut, not wanting to make the films end the same way, so the ending where
Harry, Ron and Hermione are in the astronomy tower, confirming the relationship between Ginny and Harry
was a suitably better way to end. The Quidditch match between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor being cut is a mystery, but I suppose one match is more than enough. The explanation of
why Snape is the Half-Blood Prince and why he chose it as an alias
being cut is weird, considering it explains the meaning of the film! But, that didn't lower my thoughts of the film at all =) It actually made me more interested in what they're going to do in The Deathly Hallows Part I and II.

So you pretty much guess that it is now my favourite film, and favourite film of the series =)
I would recommend this to ANYONE except the morons in the cinema, whom I heard shouting 'this film was crap' below us (we sat in the 'Gallery', quite expensive but best seats in the house!)
So yeah, thanks for reading =)

Hoady

Wow i actually read all that except for the spoilers.

I've been hearing all mixed reviews its been a love or hate film.When heaps of people like a movie i usually hate it, when heaps of people hate it i usually like it.Haha i dunno maybe the mainstream just gives me the bowl growl, i saw twilight for 5 minutes and it just made me angry.Seriously that movie was 100% s***house.

Oh yeah harry potter is always cool though, i think all the magic and ridiculous scenarios are funny.Chamber of Secrets is pretty gay though.

A_Wesker123

The Original
The film was nowhere near as good as the book, however it was still an okay film.

I guess i'm abit nitpicky though because i've read all the books and love them :D

Zombie Enclave

WOAHLY **** they made a new one?

I THOUGHT IT ALREADY ENDED! Also, no, it isn't the fifth one. Because the fourth book is him watching Quidditch for like half of the book. ( WTF )

And i looked at the fifth book, it isn't Half Blood Prince. They have 7 books as far as I know, the 7th one being spoiled on the day it was released. ( By Anonymous )

Top Bottom