• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Ghost Survivor and other RE2 DLC

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
In today's REmake 2 pre-launch livestream, Capcom announced a new free DLC called "Ghost Survivor", in which we will slip into the roles of previously unplayble characters such as Robert Kendo and the mayor's daugther Katherine. We will also get the classic customes for Leon and Claire... and I mean really classic, as in: RE6 retro costume classic.

Click!

And here is the livestream. I'm watching it at the moment, but unfortunately I can't tell you if it reveals any other interesting news because it's entire in Japanese, without subtitles.

What do you think?

Edit: They show some of Hunk's gameplay at 01:06:58, if you're interested.

Last edited:

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
New screenshots, this looks so AMAZING i can't wait!!!
Also (ULTRA) classic costumes
Also HI everyone here, 1st post in the forum :D

Looking forward to seeing how the classic costumes stand out in the game,

But from what I've heard so far is that Claire's classic costume won't feature the full turtleneck which is a shame as it's part of the classic look and you really can't call it a classic costume if it's being altered.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed that a Marvin DLC isn't included in this? In fact I would trade all of these "What if" DLC's for a well done, fleshed out mini campaign for Marvin.

I realize that we saw Marvin in RE Outbreak File 2 but it would be nice to see what Marvin went thru during the outbreak before Claire and Leon got there. I mean does this not just conjure up a million and one ideas?

DoGE_MdX0AEV9Ed.jpg:large

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
I'd love a DLC add on that shows the background of Marvin also,

It be interesting to see what he's had to endure during the outbreak in Raccoon City,

Maybe he crossed paths with Sherry Birkin, Robert Kendo, Ben Bertolucci or even Chief Brian Irons for all we know,

We as fans of the franchise still know very little about Marvin even after 21 years of resident evil 2,

I'd very much like to see a story add on that goes into full detail of what he went through and the events that unfolded before he met Leon and Claire,

We all know his fate but we don't know how or where he was bitten I'd like to know for sure.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
**THIS MESSAGE IS USELESS NOW. DISCARD?
▶YES NO**
THIS. I've been stanning Marvin so hard since running into him in Claire's campaign. It doesn't hurt that the actor playing him really brought it, but just from a writing standpoint he felt more like a real character than ever. Same goes for Kendo.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Didn't they say there was more to come? Maybe Marvin will be one of the future characters in this DLC. I'd like to see Annette as well.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've been stanning Marvin so hard since running into him in Claire's campaign.
I've loved him since the original and I really want to see them do something with him! His interactions with Claire and Leon have only made me love him more.

Especially with how hard he was on Leon compared to his treatment of Claire. I feel like Leon needed that and it adds another layer to this character that we still know so little about.

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
Didn't they say there was more to come? Maybe Marvin will be one of the future characters in this DLC. I'd like to see Annette as well.

I think they said there were three confirmed for the 15th and there were more to follow,

So hopefully we'll get Marvin's background story at some point.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Looking forward to these extra scenarios.

Since the game is selling SO well I wouldn't be surprised if we get even more DLC scenarios later down the road. Capcom has got a real cash cow on their hands and they seem to be listening to fans demands.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
An interesting thing to note is that modders were able to switch the player character to Marvin and it showed that Marvin actually has gameplay voice acting dialog recorded, like he has his own grunts and screams when he's attacked. Irons seems to be the same.
If they have gameplay dialog then that must mean they are or were intended to be playable at some point.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yep. I saw this video yesterday where a modder replaced Hunk and the four versions of Tofu with Marvin, Ben, Kendo, Irons, and Annette.

Apparently those characters are registered as "playable" in the game's files. The mayor's daughter and one of Hunk's team members, who we know will be playable in Ghost Survivors, aren't shown in the video, so maybe there's even more characters not shown that will eventually become playable in some capacity. (I can't imagine who, though. Apart from William before his mutation, we basically have all the human characters covered.)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I was asked an interesting question: Will Ada be playable in Ghost Survivors?

At first I was going to say no, because Ada is still alive, and as far as we know, Ghost Survivors will only feature characters who aren't. But technically, we did see her die, and Capcom still owes us an explanation as to how she survived after all. So who knows... Maybe completing all the what-if scenarios of the victims of Raccoon City will unlock the one true story of someone who actually got away in the end?

Another character I'd like to see in this mode is Mister X, because, why not? He also died in Raccoon City, and imagine what a fun diversion it could be to play as a Tyrant whose mission is to wipe out the characters you're usually trying to keep alive! Now you're the one stalking them throughout the RPD, and every time they bring you down to your knee with their weapons, you don't actually die, but the screen turns black for a second and then you have to go looking for them again. Bonus points for killing side characters such as Ben and Marvin, but the mission will only be completed once Leon, Claire, and Ada are dead.

Murdering the heroes sounds too depressing? No problem, they might as well make it goofy by giving Mister X some funny and ridiculous internal monologue about the people he's hunting... or other things... Maybe he reminisces about his life prior to the Raccoon City outbreak, and that he'd like to open a bakery once this is over... Now stop looking at me funny, it's not the first time we've had craziness in RE! Playing as five different flavours of Tofu, anyone?

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I'd love to play more as Ada, I was devastated when she took that hit to her leg in the sewers. Was expecting more!

I'm not sure about the Mr. X thing though. It sounds a bit like when you got to play as the Executioner in The Evil Within DLC packs. You feel overpowered and it's not fun at all.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Honestly it could work. Since the first Evil Within had that Executioner mode. Playing as Mr. X would be fun.

I hope we do get at least an Ada story DLC at some point after the Ghost Survivors. Since RE7 had the Banned Footage plus the Chris Redfield and Joe Baker story DLCs afterwards.

Top Bottom