• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 gatling gun and longbow

Tallahassee

both start with inf. ammo.

gatling gun: holy **** this gun sucks! takes a while for it to stop shooting and blocks your vision.....

longbow: my favorite weapon in the game im pretty accurate. only drawback is lack of laser targeting. combined with shevas indisn outfit equals awesome

A_Wesker123

The Original
Yeah i know what you mean about the Gattling Gun. I have to pay 50,000 to have half my screen blocked out?

longbow is one of my fave weapons too. Makes mercs incredibly easy though once you unlock Tribal Sheva :p

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
The minigun has it's advantages, and many drawbacks.

ADVANTAGES
1) It being a larger caliber weapon, it is easier to take down larger enemies.
2) Rapid rate of fire (When it gets to fire eventually)

DRAWBACKS
1) SLow firing mechanism (Meaning, it starts off slow)
2) Too unaccurate.
3) Heavy, bulky weapon taking up the screen.

The bow, on the other hand is exactly the opposite.
I'd love to have it, but not enough money :(

A_Wesker123

The Original
^ Run thorugh chapter 4-1 Chris for quick money :)

You can get 50,000 easy if you collect all the treasures on the level.

Morphosis

Yeah gatling gun sucks! Try having it in your inventory and then using Hydra! It blocks everything!! If i knew it sucked this bad, i wudnt have bothered to get it! Money wasted! :verymad:

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
ChrisRedfield1994;36576 said:
Sweet! :D
I'll do that :)
You can always do the start of chapter 5-3 an keep restarting after you pick up the jewllery box haha, or you could do the hole chapter an get the heart of africa. which is 10K
the reapers drop those power gems which are worth quite abit if youve got a few :D 5k each i think
but theres always the "puzzle" level, you get a golden monkey, haha thats worth quite abit i think..

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

chapter 5:3 is definatley good for farming, due to the frequency of lickers and reapers that drop lion hearts and power stones, not forgetting the heart of africa and gems in the safe, sarcaophagus and on the ceiling on the bridge, can easily get plenty of cash without too much effort on that one :)

Sephiroxas

The gatling guns cool and all, but it's a big giant monstrosity that takes up most of my screen, and so not worth bringing with you. I prefer my Infinite Rocket Launcher :D

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
It is abit of a heavy duty weapon, really no good for your accuracy... I always get carry'd away and spray like all hell is breaking looooose!

Chris looks like rambo though.. capcom should make a rambo costume...

Mavrik

I finished the game on my first time through with enough money to buy both. I haven't tried the gatling gun yet but I did try the long bow. Man its awesome. I did notice that if you give the gatling gun to chris but then play as Sheva, he has some pretty good accuracy with it. He'll shot down everyone before I even had the chance to draw an arrow lol. I'll let him keep it on my next play through.

Godammlover

I don't know if I've expressed my opinion about these two weapons but for me it'd have to be the longbow for the non-boss enemies.. But for the boss enemies I would use the gatlin gun.

The problem with the gatlin gun is the bad accuracy and the longbow well, it's not as powerful as some people make it out to be. Also the gatlin gun just takes up so much godamn room.. :(.. Thankgod for big & wide tv's :p!

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
exactly with a big tv that gatling gun would be so crap lol, its hard enough to play on splitscreen it covers most your aim lol

TheProgenitorVirus

capcom wasted their time putting the gatling gun in this game because its the most terrible weapon ive ever used in any resident evil game....deffinatey the bow

T-virus

honestly you would actually think that since that one majini uses the gatling gun in the last two levels that the gun would be awesome! but no the gun has to block every camera angle there is!
AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USING IT ON PROFESSIONAL!
Its a death trap!
especcially since it's accuracy sucks! seriously you'd have to be five feet away from the enemy to actually kill it!
Was it really worth $50,000?

Rollin6z

On PS3 you have to buy it to get the Trophy for killing 30 enemies with it. I don't know if XBox has something similar. You do the same with LongBow and StunRod

Top Bottom