• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you're waiting/wanting to play

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I wanted to like SO many of your posts, but alas, I am liking up a storm today and don't want to seem like a stalker. Sorry specifically to Jonipoon since I almost liked like 10 of your posts today. haha.

Here are the games I currently own in my back log:

-Shadow of War
-Assassin's Creed Odyssey
-Bioshock 2
-Bioshock Infinite
-Borderlands 2

And here is a game list I gave to my fiance about which PS4 games I want for my birthday (Ended up getting Assassin's Creed Odyssey):

-Telltale’s The Walking Dead Final Season
-Red Dead Redemption 2
-Mortal Kombat 11
-Death Stranding
-Persona 5
-Celeste
-Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto
-Hollow Knight
-Borderlands 3
-Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
-Injustice 2
-Devil May Cry 5
-Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch Remastered
-Final Fantas XII: The Zodiac Age
-Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
-Soul Calibur 6
-Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (2019 version)
-Star Ocean: First Departure R

RedPanda

4x the awesome
All I want is for Tekken x SF to get out of development hell :(

But as far as games that actually exist and I own...
  • Overcooked 2
  • Borderlands 3
  • A Way Out
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing games
  • God of War
  • Mario Odyssey
  • NFS Heat
  • Don't starve together

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
After seeing a live play through at EGX last October, Cyberpunk is probably joint top with The Last of Us Part II.

Equally excited for:
  • Assassin’s Creed (Norse setting!)
  • Watch_Dogs Legion
  • R3make
  • Avengers (played it at EGX and it was surprisingly fun!)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I guess now we have to ask the question - what unannounced games are we most excited for? If you could guess what will be announced next, what do you want to play?

I'd love to see next gen trailers for (in no particular order):

1. RE8
  2. Final Fantasy 16
  3. Silent Hill Remake
  4. Mortal Kombat VS Street Fighter
  5. Injustice 3
  6. Spiderman 2
  7. God Of War 2
  8. Horizon Zero Dawn 2
  9. Batman Arkham Legacy
  10. RE CV Remake

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
That's a good idea, UniqTeas. Here are my most anticipated, yet unannounced, games.

1. The Elder Scrolls IV
2. Grand Theft Auto 6
3. Silent Hill Remake
4. SSX sequel
5. Resident Evil: Code Veronica Remake
6. Red Dead Redemption 3
7. The Sims 5 (won't buy it, just really looking forward to see what sort of trash they're gonna make this time)

1995umk3

Final fantasy 1.... I really can't wait. I tried 7,8,9,10,x2 but 1... I have not yet. It must be number 1 because its the first one to be released and I'm shure the creators must of really put some serious work on the story and other things to try and get the series well known on the radar.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
FFI and FFII are both fun games to play and very unique and "old school" when you look at modern JRPGS.

If you have the option, you can download the Emulator My Boy! and then downoad FF1&2: Dawn of Souls. That is how I played them. It's free and fun to do.

FFI is such a strange beast. There is a class system and leveling. There are tons of fantasy elements. But it is a very Tolkien inspired world. I do recommend playing it and how it inspired the other games in the series.

FFII is a divisive game to say the least. But I love the leveling system in it which is probably the biggest point of contention about this entry. Characters gain stats as they use them. So, the more a character physically attacks, the more they will gain in strength stat. The more they are hit by physical attacks, the more their defense stat grows. Same with using magic, accuracy, evasion, etc. It allows you to customize your characters in very specific ways and create the classes you want. What people don't like about this system? In the very beginning, your accuracy is super low and it is annoying to play for about an hour or two. Then, in order to continue to grind, the best option is attacking your own players and healing them to try and gains stats in every battle. I honestly had a lot of fun doing it that way, but I can see why someone would dislike it. The story is bounds ahead of what FFI offered, but both games are interesting.

1995umk3

I know its wrong to use emulators but I did really have the physical copies of RE1,2,3.

Lol.. im glad i'm not the only one who played the FF series, when I had so called "friends" back then they would make fun of the games and call it a anime freaks only games.

This is why I played more then FF's to expand my horizon (twisted metal, doom, quake 3, tony hawk series, golden eye) so I wouldn't be called a weeabo.

10/10 stars for this site.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Aw heck - I am not too concerned with using Emulators. I have played dozens of games via emulator including: Chrono Trigger, Pokemon Red, Silver, Ruby, Leaf Green, Emerald, Golden Sun, FFI, FFII, FFIV, FFVI, FF Tactics Advance, Fire Emblem (don't remember which one), Lufia, Lufia II, and probably dozens of others.

And for the record, if you want to be a weeaboo, be one. I don't shy away from titles like that. In most modern societies, you can be friends with just about anyone no matter what kind of **** you're in to. If people want to tease you about it, it's their issue - not yours. Play what you want!

Awebb

I know its wrong to use emulators

It is not. Using emulators is awesome. There are a few legal implications regarding the ways to obtain BIOS files and games, but I wouldn't worry too much about that, either. I have successfully bought PS1 games on the PS3 and ran the files on PC with an emulator. Nintendo is trying to tell everybody, that any sort of ROM is illegal, but the only illegal thing I see is the legal advice they're giving.

I'd like to encourage you to be on the safe side and only play what you can rip and only rip what you own.

Lol.. im glad i'm not the only one who played the FF series, when I had so called "friends" back then they would make fun of the games and call it a anime freaks only games.

When I entered the teenage dating pool at 14, all the 14+ girls were into comics, manga, drawing and horses. When I entered the hormonal carnage dating pool at 18, all the 14+ girls were into comics, manga, drawing, JRPG and horses. Being a gamer nerd weeb got me laid between the late 90's and the early 2010's massively, mostly outside my age group and my financial as well as my physical fitness league. This only stopped when I tried to "grow up" and become a working class drone, model type "obedient citizen". Guess what? I got myself a gamer nerd weeb GF that is into drawing and painting a bit over a year ago and couldn't be happier.

1995umk3

I use to have the originals on the disc but its gone now. I mean it's not like that on all the ROM's I have, the arcade ROM's which I seem to have alot now are highly illegal and I never owned a machine.

I searched on google to see if anybody got in trouble downloading rom's but I havn't found any. Maybe I will delete them one day.

1995umk3

Nvm.. i should of checked recently, I think the last time I checked if it was illegal was in 2005. I will never forget the feeling when I ran a ROM through a EMULATOR.. the thought of buying stuff was just a waste of time now since I found about emulators.

I use to think how in the world did people make this stuff?? a PSX running through PC?? what the hell how?? I use to think they got help from the unknown or something. T.A.S was another thing I found about also in the emulation world, but that thing is unavailable to the public and impossible to get.

Nintendo just recently sued a rom hosting site.... I might have to look for a flash game of FF1 in newgrounds.com or something.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - major corporations should still do their due diligence and try and get their assets removed, but I am not perturbed by a little enjoyment! Nintendo has always been good at protecting Nintendo items.

In fact, the 90's laws against video game violence were filed by Nintendo in hopes to quash the violence of Sega and Playstation games. The whole ESRB system was actually backed by Nintendo. They contacted the senators first.

1995umk3

For memory purposes (EMU) for best sound quality/video physical items. I do remember those ESRB rating things on the snes boxes back then in K B TOYS.. when I saw the K-A thing I thought it ment KICK A S S so the game was going to be good. Google answered that one "Kids To Adults"

And the "M" thing... mature, I knew you had to be smart to play it, but I ignored the 18+ because I thought that ment you had to have somebody whos at least 18 years old to watch you play it.

I played Mortal Kombat since I was in late kindergarden.. 7 years old or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom